Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “We Want Monitoring Of Ammunition Stockpiling”

Default “We Want Monitoring Of Ammunition Stockpiling”

The Controllers: “We Want Monitoring Of Ammunition Stockpiling”

BY Herschel Smith
    13 hours, 58 minutes ago The Daily Journal:
    Radio talk show host and TV commentator Hugh Hewitt is among a growing number of conservatives calling for monitoring the stockpiling of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices similar to how Sudafed is controlled.
    Hewitt calls for photo IDs and records of purchases on firearm ammunition following the Oct. 1 shootings in Las Vegas that left 58 dead and 489 people wounded.
    “If people buy a lot of ammunition in a short period of time, this should trigger a red flag with law enforcement,” said Hewitt on the NBC “Meet the Press” show on Oct. 8.
    Monitoring ammunition stockpiling would be a way to let stockpilers know that law enforcement is keeping an eye on them. However, no guns or ammunition would be confiscated.
    Officers who entered the room of the 32nd hotel floor used by the shooter were shocked to see the amount of weapons and ammunition the shooter had stockpiled. His victims were those who gathered nearby at the Harvest Country Music Festival.
    Sudafed is regulated because pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in some forms of medication, can be used to create the street drug methamphetamine, or crystal meth.
    The federal act sets daily and monthly limits on how much of the active drug a person can buy.
    When it comes to firearms and ammunition, there is no federal limit to how much a person like the Las Vegas shooter can buy, nor is there a national database of purchases.
    A 1994 federal law, which expired a decade later in 2004, defined a large-capacity ammunition feeding device as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
    “Gun control won’t work but ammo monitoring could,” says John Carnes, conservative author and firearms expert.
    Twice you read it in the commentary above. “Conservative” host Hugh Hewitt. “Conservative author and firearms expert” John Carnes. Actually, he somewhat misrepresents the gist of John’s article, who says this.
    People should oppose gun control restrictions and registration requirements, but we shouldn’t let these turn our eyes from the existential threat of ammunition control. If ammunition printing ever becomes as cheap and effective as printing firearms parts currently is, then we can all rest assured that the right to keep and bear arms will never again be as infringed as it is today. Until that day comes, ammunition controls may be the most effective form of gun control.
    He didn’t misrepresent Hewitt, apparently. I never really thought Hugh Hewitt was a conservative. But it does go to show that even the supposed conservatives are giving you up (case in point, the NRA, whose willingness to compromise empowered the controllers, who saw nothing but weakness). They don’t care about your rights, whether firearms or the ammunition to use in them.
    I know, I know. The Supreme Court may block such rules and regulations, but they may not. They didn’t block the assault weapons ban, and Heller was a weak enough decision that it may even be used to bolster the ammunition control case.
    I think a lot of people sense that the one weakness our community has is ammunition. This isn’t any different than it’s always been. Consider this report, the only significant piece of information in an otherwise stupid article.
    “Everybody I know is stockpiling ammo,” said Allen, who came from Sacramento, as he carried a plastic bag bulging with bullets and gun parts. He declined to give his last name.
    Sure, fight this in the political arena, fight this in the courts, and fight it in the town square and court of public opinion. But never assume you’re going to win. If at first we lose, the winning will come later.
    Prior: Gun Control Through Ammunition Control

Comments

1. On October 18, 2017 at 6:14 am, Matt Bracken said:
      Hewitt is the Left’s favorite CUCKservative. He’ll say anything to get his mug on the left-wing TV network talking-head shows. And now he’s given us all another reason to BLOAT: Buy Lots Of Ammo Today. I’ve been to weekend shooting courses and expended over a thousand rounds of ammo, so I assume I’m already on all kinds of lists based on my purchases. But so are millions of others. Molon Labe, statist cucks.
      https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...87&oe=5A3AF7FD
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

We will be allowed to keep our guns.
    Just won't be allowed to have bullets
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Presumably the next law will be something like ammunition structuring - illegal to acquire large amounts through small purchases over time to evade reporting requirements.

AUnut is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Molon Labe!

Southside
    Pro is the opposite of con, that is easily seen. So if progress is to move forward, what does congress mean? - Nipsey Russell

Thats nice. By what authority are "we" to expect you to justify taking from us what we don't have to give you?
    Since "we" have 13 trillion rounds of ammunition in private hands already I guess we'll call it a draw.
    Now why don't "you" shut your commie piehole before "we" make some decisions "you" won't like.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

So we blow through a thousand rounds on a weekend, you shoot 20 a year, what constitutes a "large amount"?

Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    Thats nice. By what authority are "we" to expect you to justify taking from us what we don't have to give you?
    Since "we" have 13 trillion rounds of ammunition in private hands already I guess we'll call it a draw.
    Now why don't "you" shut your commie piehole before "we" make some decisions "you" won't like.
    Commie Piehole, I love it!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Y'know, I have feeling this proposal will make some people stockpile even greater amounts of ammo.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

And of course there is always reloading. Which is fun to boot.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

There might also be a large increase in the ammunition conservation movement..........
    confedrate american.....Do not swat the fly on the head of a Tiger!!!