Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Files-Mississippi school drops Jefferson Davis-renamed after Barack Obama

Default Stupid Files-Mississippi school drops Jefferson Davis-renamed after Barack Obama

Mississippi school drops Jefferson Davis - the US Confederacy's only president - to rename itself after Barack Obama

Criminal Illegal Immigrant Barack Obama Credit: AP

18 October 2017 • 11:41pm A school in Mississippi is dropping its connection to the American Confederacy's only president, Jefferson Davis, and renaming itself after President Barack Obama.
    Davis International Baccalaureate Elementary School in Jackson will be renamed Barack Obama Magnet IB following a vote.
    The move, which when approved will come into force in the next academic year, was proposed by parents and approved by a majority of students, parents, faculty and staff members.
    Ninety-eight percent of the students who attend the school are African-American.
    “Jefferson Davis, although infamous in his own right, would probably not be too happy about a diverse school promoting the education of the very individuals he fought to keep enslaved being named after him,” said Janelle Jefferson, the PTA President, according to the Clarion-Ledger.

Davis International Baccalaureate Elementary School in Jackson, Miss., photographed Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017, is shedding the name of Jefferson Davis, the Confederacy's only president and will instead be named for Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the United States Credit: AP

"The students had overwhelming support for President Obama," she said, explaining that a three-week process took place in which students carried out research and presented their findings.
    "We wanted to be very inclusive and transparent in the process to be fair, to make sure everybody felt like they had a voice," Ms Jefferson said.
    She said there will be "some very aggressive fundraising campaigns" to pay for new signs, stationery or other items needed for the name change to Obama.

Jefferson Davis - President of the Southern States of America during the Civil War

Jed Oppenheim, a school board member, said people have been asking for years why three schools in a majority African-American district are still named for Confederate figures.

Nearby George Elementary is named after James Zachariah George, who signed Mississippi's secession ordinance and drafted the state constitution that denied voting rights to black citizens. Lee Elementary is named after Robert E. Lee, the Confederate general.
    New Orleans removed a century-old statue of Davis in May.
    There has been a movement to remove Confederate-era monuments, flags and names in recent years. The Confederate flag was removed from several court houses and government buildings following the massacre of black church-goers by Dylann Roof, a white nationalist, in June 2015.

In this Aug. 5, 2015 file photo, a statue of Jefferson Davis, left, faces a statue of Abraham Lincoln in the Rotunda of the state Capitol in Frankfort, Ky. A panel of historic properties advisers in Kentucky on Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017, has recommended removing a plaque from the statue of Jefferson Davis that identifies the only president of the Confederacy as a "patriot, hero, statesman." Credit: AP

Violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia this August reignited the debate over race and the legacy of slavery.
    President Donald Trump defended the far-Right protesters and said the removal of monuments to Confederate figures was "so sad".
    "Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish!" he tweeted.

Civil rights activists say remnants of the Confederacy era promote racism and division, while advocates contend they recognise Civil War history and Southern heritage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...cys-president/
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

Shhhh... don't tell anyone....
    there is a mountain range [and an historic fort and county] in far west Texas named after Jefferson Davis.

That's Jackson. It is eat up with stupid people, mostly knee grows.
    And I think Mississippi is still dead last in good schools so this suits Obama to a T. (I hate that this site automatically capitalizes Obama, even when I purposely don't)

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08 View Post
    And I think Mississippi is still dead last in good schools so this suits Obama to a T. (I hate that this site automatically capitalizes Obama, even when I purposely don't)
    try obama

Recently I read a commentary that called current cultural marxism run amok, the "post-Christian world."

That is a very apt description.

Recently in Dallas' historic Lee Park the statue of General Lee was removed.

Considering Lee Park has now become an infamous gathering place for sodomites, General Lee probably would prefer
    his statue [originally erected in honor in a moral Christian society] be removed in this "post-Christian" abomination.

The irony is, most American Christians now sleep in the cemetery awaiting their resurrection at Christ's second coming.
    They are safe from this evil "post-Christian" world, while antichrists are busy attacking what little remains of their legacy.

Last edited by KingsX; 10-18-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    try obama
    how did you do that???????

It's all being MFG'd to drive an ever bigger wedge into the heart of America, Soros just dumped 18 Billion into his Open Society and that's enough to finance a war
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I took something that looks like an "oh" from a symbol font. The don't-you-worry-your-pretty-little-head-font-capitalization-cleanup function didn't know what to do with it. :)

You can copy/paste that symbol from my post, if you like. No charge.

Its your browser that does spell checking. Not the "site". So don't be a hater.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

0bama