Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump lifts cap on recalling USAF pilots

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Trump lifts cap on recalling USAF pilots

Trump order allows Air Force to unretire more pilots

By The Associated Press |

PUBLISHED: October 20, 2017 at 5:15 pm | UPDATED: October 21, 2017 at 3:30 am

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday that will allow the Air Force to address what the Pentagon says is a serious pilot shortage.

The order amending a post-9/11 emergency declaration will allow the Air Force to recall pilots from retirement.
    A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Cmdr. Gary Ross, says the Air Force is currently short approximately 1,500 pilots.
    Under current law, the Air Force is limited to recalling 25 pilots. The order removes that cap for the Air Force, as well as other branches of the military.

Ross says the Secretary of Defense is expected to allow the Secretary of the Air Force to recall up to 1,000 retired pilots for up to three years.

The big question is why is the Air Force short 1,500 pilots. I'll tell you why. A close friend of mine, retired Air Force officer, has a son who is an active duty C-130 pilot currently stationed in Germany. I've known this kid for almost 20 years. He is smart, ambitious, and patriotic as they come. After 12 years of service, he is not re-enlisting. Even with bonuses offered as high as 40 to 100 thousand, he and most of his fellow pilots with similar seniority want out.

They are over worked, (lost count on how many deployments to Afghanistan and elsewhere) underappreciated, and crapped on by the local populations we are trying to help. But the biggest reason is the Obamazation of the military. Political correctness has ruined the Air Force. O-6 and above do not care about the troops under them, only advancement and how to push a liberal agenda fostered by the progressive social engineers that pushed them up and fired the red blooded generals and colonels that preceded them. Moral is at an all time low. Suicide at an all time high. My friend is desperately worried about his son. Most of the missions he flies are very dangerous and make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-not View Post
    The big question is why is the Air Force short 1,500 pilots. I'll tell you why. A close friend of mine, retired Air Force officer, has a son who is an active duty C-130 pilot currently stationed in Germany. I've known this kid for almost 20 years. He is smart, ambitious, and patriotic as they come. After 12 years of service, he is not re-enlisting. Even with bonuses offered as high as 40 to 100 thousand, he and most of his fellow pilots with similar seniority want out.

They are over worked, (lost count on how many deployments to Afghanistan and elsewhere) underappreciated, and crapped on by the local populations we are trying to help. But the biggest reason is the Obamazation of the military. Political correctness has ruined the Air Force. O-6 and above do not care about the troops under them, only advancement and how to push a liberal agenda fostered by the progressive social engineers that pushed them up and fired the red blooded generals and colonels that preceded them. Moral is at an all time low. Suicide at an all time high. My friend is desperately worried about his son. Most of the missions he flies are very dangerous and make no sense.
    I have a step grandson who is also a pilot in the AF and this is totally true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little RedRidingHood View Post
    I have a step grandson who is also a pilot in the AF and this is totally true!!
    Same here, BUT son in Army.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Why is he recalling pilots? The North Korea situation, which involves a lot more than North Korea.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Why is he recalling pilots? The North Korea situation, which involves a lot more than North Korea.
    That may be true.

Along with attrition which may be high. And the length of time to train new pilots.

Add all that up and they may perceive a shortage soon, and are trying to head it off.

Just saying.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Food for thought:

There may be the perception of a coming war-wherever.

During WWII, Germany, and Japan, did not pull their seasoned ace pilots out of the field to train new pilots. They left them in the field and they died. Along with their knowledge and experience. The US did not do that.

The problem we may be facing isn't ace's dying in the field, but rather existing the service. So they may be trying to get that knowledge, and experience back into the core of the training.

Just saying.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

I hate to say it, but race is part of the problem. I am privy to a lot of conversations with retired military. These are good Americans whom worked many years alongside minorities while on active duty, and for the most part, had no complaints. The system used to be merit based. If you did your job you got promoted.

Today the dynamic has totally changed. The entitlement mentality has invaded the military. It is, in essence, another welfare program. I will not go into detail here, but I can cite many examples of this. One reason the captains and majors are fed up is that "white boys get the shaft". Obama's racism is alive and well in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-not View Post
    Today the dynamic has totally changed.
    The "dynamic" began to morph at the end of the Vietnam war ... it's effects were anticipated and intentional.

JFK's & LBJ's "Affirmative action" laid the foundation for the current dysfunctional condition of all aspects of our society ....

O.W.

How long are these guys obligated to the military? The rest of their lives? That is reminiscent of a draft.

This is total crap! I thought Trump was going to get us out of other countries and all the wars we are in?? What happened to that promise?