Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more false teaching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default more false teaching

Apostasy and false teaching are certainly rampant everywhere. When Scriptural truths are twisted or misrepresented, in my book, that is false teaching. In the TruNews (true? Not.) broadcast for yesterday about Trump and the Saudis, Rick Wiles once again showed himself to be either ignorant of Scriptural truth or wantonly teaching false doctrine. His theology has been suspect to me for a long time and I generally don't listen due to it. Why I began listening to this, I don't know. But, the false teaching presented there was once again evident and I will not need to listen again.

The discussion (starting at about 28'37") was in reference to Harvey Weinstein and Ehud Barak, who are Jewish. The Scripture relating to this is found in Genesis 12:1-3 where God promises Abraham that he will be blessed among the nations and that anyone who blesses Israel will be bless and those who curse Israel will be cursed.

Rick was questioning his "sidekicks" with the question as to whether he (Rick) would be cursed for speaking about Weinstein and Ehud Barak. This is total blasphemy! Rick says the Scripture says that if you curse anyone in Israel, you will be cursed and his query was to his cohorts as to whether he would be cursed for speaking about these two. How preposterous. He obviously does not understand the concept of what God was telling Abraham. We can look at history and see that the nation of Israel is under God's protective umbrella. Were (are) they sinful? Absolutely! Did (does; will...in the tribulation) God chastise them? Absolutely! This promise to Abraham is for the nation, not individual Jews. God will curse those who curse Israel and bless those who bless Israel.

As we are reading/listening to those who "proclaim" to belong to Christ, we must keep our antennae up for these kinds of falsehoods. Where there is one falsehood, there are others. Be aware.

Do not bother to condemn my view. Scripture is my Truth, not opinion.

What I don't understand is why anyone listens to Rick Wiles at all since he has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a false prophet. I guess prophecy isn't his thing. He is much better at false teaching, fund raising and self promotion (his background is in "media marketing").

He recently said that anyone who believes in any heresy, as defined by Rick, is going to hell. And then he can't understand why people persecute him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post
    The Scripture relating to this is found in Genesis 12:1-3 where God promises Abraham that he will be blessed among the nations and that anyone who blesses Israel will be bless and those who curse Israel will be cursed.

...This promise to Abraham is for the nation, not individual Jews. God will curse those who curse Israel and bless those who bless Israel.

If scripture is your truth, may I ask you a question? Who is Israel? You mentioned Gen. 12:1-3, and the word "Israel" does not appear in the version I read. It does mention Abraham, but he wasn't Israel. Jacob became Israel.

What I don't understand is why anyone listens to Rick Wiles at all since he has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a false prophet.
    You have spoken well, Forty9er. I don't know why I went there either! Not again, though.

If scripture is your truth, may I ask you a question? Who is Israel? You mentioned Gen. 12:1-3, and the word "Israel" does not appear in the version I read. It does mention Abraham, but he wasn't Israel. Jacob became Israel.
    dmatic, you, too, have spoken well. Jacob's name was changed to Israel although he is the only person in Scripture who has both of his names used after the change. Abraham was never again called Abram, Paul was never again called Saul, etc. However, Abraham was the Father of Israel, the father of the Jewish nation. It was from HIS seed through Isaac and Jacob, aka Israel, the Jews, that all nations would be blessed. The Abrahamic Covenant which is expressed in Genesis 12 and other places, was given to Abraham and his descendents. Thank you for your thoughtful response.

Thank you, too, for your thoughtful response, Nicho1. Indeed, that all the families (and nations) of the earth, would be blessed through the seed of Abraham. What a destiny! Seed, many, or seed, one? Seeds? You know the discussion.

I thank my Father for choosing Abraham, and Isaac and Jacob, through whom to manifest Himself, and for the promised Seed, Y'Shuah, through Whom we all have access to our Father. Our Creator and Redeemeer/Savior!

Peace

And then there is :

Rev 3:9 I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but are lying--I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDPOPr7qiY

THE KINGDOM OF THE KHAZARS

http://www.apfn.org/THEWINDS/library/khazars_2.html

http://www.apfn.org/THEWINDS/library/khazars_2.html
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Interesting youtube, Cub. I have printed the 30 some pages of the "Kingdom of the Khazars" and look forward to a discussion about them, when I can find the time to read them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post
    Apostasy and false teaching are certainly rampant everywhere.
    Remember you wrote that. Where is everywhere? Or another way to ask, where is not everywhere? And you and here is somewhere.

The discussion (starting at about 28'37") was in reference to Harvey Weinstein and Ehud Barak, who are Jewish. The Scripture relating to this is found in Genesis 12:1-3 where God promises Abraham that he will be blessed among the nations and that anyone who blesses Israel will be bless and those who curse Israel will be cursed.

Rick was questioning his "sidekicks" with the question as to whether he (Rick) would be cursed for speaking about Weinstein and Ehud Barak. This is total blasphemy! Rick says the Scripture says that if you curse anyone in Israel, you will be cursed and his query was to his cohorts as to whether he would be cursed for speaking about these two. How preposterous. He obviously does not understand the concept of what God was telling Abraham.
    And what WAS God telling Abraham? I can read at least two possible meanings by what you wrote.

We can look at history and see that the nation of Israel is under God's protective umbrella. Were (are) they sinful? Absolutely! Did (does; will...in the tribulation) God chastise them? Absolutely! This promise to Abraham is for the nation, not individual Jews. God will curse those who curse Israel and bless those who bless Israel.
    So, who is Israel? Gen 49 gives us a look at the foundational status. Not all were "blessed". Some were broken off from the tree. But where did that blessing come from at its roots, and where did it end up in its branches?

As we are reading/listening to those who "proclaim" to belong to Christ, we must keep our antennae up for these kinds of falsehoods. Where there is one falsehood, there are others. Be aware.
    All of us have held to false teachings at some point in our lives. To brand people at those times as false teachers, anti-christs, blasphemers, etc... is to attempt to shut off the grace of God for them to learn truth.

That is a deadly attitude. It says that you are infallible and therefore equal with God.

Tell me about your name Nicho1. What is its meaning and origin?

I will be interested in your answers to StandFree's good questions, Nicho1. As it relates to the promise of God that all the families of the earth would be blessed through Abraham's seed, I was reading Isaiah 41:8 yesterday, which states: "But thou, Israel, art My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham, My friend." Here, the seed is Jacob.

Further, in verse 14, God says: "Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel."

Interesting to me that God calls Jacob a seed and a worm. Any thoughts? Maybe the Hebrew word translated "worm" is wrong? I will try to check.

There are several things to address within the last two posts. I'll do my best to provide my thoughts on the comments.

First, from StandFree: When posting/writing anything, without hearing the writer's voice with inflections, etc., it is very difficult to get the complete communication. It appears this is happening here. So, let me try to respond even though my actual voice is not heard.

God's message to Abraham is quite clear. Genesis12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." God will not deal kindly with those who mistreat His chosen. Even within the Sheep and Goat judgment at the end of the Tribulation (Matthew 25:31-46), the criterion for "everlasting punishment" or "life eternal" is based on how Israel was treated. If you don't agree with this, take it up with the One Who said it.

Abraham's seed extended through Isaac and Jacob. Jacob's name was changed to Israel. His sons became "the twelve tribes of Israel." In Genesis 49, Jacob was given a prophecy by God which foretold what would become of each of his sons and their offspring. It was an accurate portrayal in advance for each of these.

Apostasy IS everywhere! This can be twisted around or argued but the message of Scripture continually teaches us this. That's why we are told to know the Scriptures so that we will be able to identify the apostasy (false truths).
    To brand people at those times as false teachers, anti-christs, blasphemers, etc... is to attempt to shut off the grace of God for them to learn truth.
    Is this a joke? I am unable to "shut off the grace of God" from anyone. It wouldn't matter what I said about them; that's just not possible.

Talk about generalizations, StandFree:
    All of us have held to false teachings at some point in our lives.
    In this case, apparently you are speaking for yourself.

Additionally I had written this:,
    , StandFree said:
    That is a deadly attitude. It says that you are infallible and therefore equal with God.
    Surely, you jest? Since I can't hear your voice or see your facial expressions, I tend to think you just like to try to goad people. Could this be correct?

dmatic, as far as your question about Isaiah 41 is a good one. Actually, reading that whole chapter seems to verify what God has told the Jews. He will never forsake them...NEVER. All those who "war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought." (vs 12-13) Then in verse 14 when it says ""Fear not, thou worm, Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee saith the Lord, and they redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." The counter-reference for the word "worm" is shown to be Job 25:6 which may help us understand. We would use the word "worm" in a derogatory way, but in Job 25, Bildad is speaking and is talking to Job and comparing the moon, sun and man with God. In that comparison, man is like a worm.