Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She's Back! La Niña Is Here For The Second Consecutive Year

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Our last two winters were great here in western Pa.

I didn't shovel even one shovel of snow.
    And we've gotten hammered with nor'easters.

We received nearly eight feet of snow last winter. I still have not recovered from last winter which cost me over $9,000 and counting. DH went through 8 cords of wood and like me was house bound w/o power and water for 2 weeks, her neighbor died when his power failed and he was snowed in; she had to pay over $1000 for snow removal. We worked all day today to make room for more wood, already spent $1050 on wood so far.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I didn't start the coal stove last year. I'd like a repeat of that despite more bugs in the summer along with a dearth of rain. Let's hear it for rain barrels and a 12volt pump!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

The overall idea with a La Niña winter is that conditions will be relatively dry and mild across the Deep South. But understand there is little skill in a seasonal outlook, and there are always exceptions… Use this CPC outlook with caution. (from James Spann, the weatherman)