Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blacklist....Spoiler Alert!

Default The Blacklist....Spoiler Alert!

Well, Tom is dead and Liz awakens after being in a coma for a year. Where does it go from here? Anyone have a clue? There's still so many questions that need answers.

I'm afraid next season will be the last.

Is Tom really dead?
    Or is this a way to get Reddington off his trail over the bones

Since they did this with Liz, I'd think they wouldn't do this again.

But, since no one would expect that, maybe that's what they'll do
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Yeah, I think Tom is really dead. When Liz wakes up from the coma, a year has already passed. Now if I can just figure out who those bones belong to.......! I'm still not convinced that "Red" is Liz's father. More questions than answers this season.

This season started a little different but kind of neat after Red lost his fortune.

This was definitely a cliffhanger.
    This is one of my favorite shows.

I have watched the DC shows like Gotham, Arrow, Flash, etc.
    But they're starting to bore me
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett
    This season started a little different but kind of neat after Red lost his fortune.

This was definitely a cliffhanger.
    This is one of my favorite shows.

I have watched the DC shows like Gotham, Arrow, Flash, etc.
    But they're starting to bore me
    Definitely a cliffhanger! It is my favorite show, Davy. My second favorite is Hawaii 5-0. None of the shows I watch keep me on the edge of my seat like The Blacklist does, though. If we only knew what the big secret that Red doesn't want Liz finding out about is......

I'm sure we'll find that out at some time

Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

The rendition of "Sounds of Silence" at the end was great. Great Show!!

Yeah, Tom is dead. Really dead! They gave Ryan a going away party with cake, so if we see Tom again, it'll be in flashbacks.

They had to "reset" the show, Sherree. It's now back to about mid-way through the first season. Keeping Tom alive (He was supposed to die in the pilot) and Megan Boone's actual pregnancy both significantly altered the original story arcs. I believe that the writers are trying to get back to the original idea.

Depending on which blogs you read, it's highly likely that the current Raymond Reddington is an imposter, a construct of one of the intelligence agencies, and that he was one of the Russians raised to become an Amercan. That idea was explored in the 2nd or 3rd episode of "Blacklist Redemption," which is worth watching some rainy weekend if you missed it.

The bones are likely those of the original Raymond Reddington, who may or may not have been killed by Katerina Rostova (Liz/Misha's mother).

Liz/Misha may be the original Raymond Reddington's daughter, or she may be the imposter's daughter, or she might even be a clone from the Russian Warrior Gene Program (some blogs speculate that is Tom's true origin, plus he may be Liz/Misha's brother/half-brother/cousin). I don't buy that!

In any case, the plot got too dang convoluted, so I don't mind a re-set at all, especially if the writers will go back and clean up some of the loose ends that got lost in all of the clutter.

If you've never re-watched the pilot or the first season, go back for a re-watch and you'll see how much the story arcs changed.

I used to be a lot more active on several of the Blacklist boards, but I got fed up with all of the convoluted plot twists and things that were never resolved. I almost quit watching, but it is about the best things on TV these days.

It's the only show I'm watching on network TV. I have a ton of other things to do.

Gosh, Meemur, you just threw me a zinger didn't you! I've watched every season of The Blacklist twice, and had not thought of any of the ideas you brought up. Watched Redemption, too, twice. If the story line gets too much more complicated, I may have to have you explain the whole thing to me. CaryC tries, but it's almost over his head, too, LOL. We spend half an hour after watching each episode just trying to figure out what just happened!

If it gets too much more complicated, I'm going to stop watching!

Seriously, there are a lot of loose ends and paths to nowhere. However, if you go back to the pilot and start with Red's famous quote, "Everything about me is a lie," the whole imposter idea starts to make sense.

Please also know that some bloggers think the current version of Red is actually Liz's mom, after gender re-assignment surgery! And I don't buy that one, at all, but it is out there.

These are just theories. We'll know when the writers know.