Thread: And you thought the threat was from nukes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default And you thought the threat was from nukes

This is real and what is coming, better put on your best country boy thinking cap to come up with a counter measure.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/U...e-12368152.php

It's admirable that they are trying to stop it, but when has technology ever been stopped? As soon as the idea exists, implementation is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    It's admirable that they are trying to stop it, but when has technology ever been stopped? As soon as the idea exists, implementation is inevitable.

I can think of one possible countermeasure so far.........

But I agree, they are going to have to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    I believe such will/would be covered under Revelation 9:4.

I'm pretty sure the bots won't be reading their bible before they come for you.

I live in a very wet area, with a very large fire zone.. and we covered this yesterday
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Nor will they need to, Pat.

Don't let your hatred of how that book might have been used by some, to your detriment, in the past, callous you to the validity of the Truths that are contained, therein......said Truths which do apply, to your benefit, should you choose to embrace them.

There is a Cosmic Referee, and His potency supersedes everything.......

The beast has gone to great lengths to diminish that fact in the minds of men.

Don't fall for it, for mere spite of a select few hypocrites.

Sam, if I have missed your point then I am all ears. I do know this, evil exists and no faith can erase it, now that we have technology to project that evil without remorse, it is incumbent on each of us to try and protect our lives so we can still freely exercise our faith.

Did I miss your meaning, or do you believe the answer lies in scripture?

Something else to worry about.

North Korea to dominate Buffoon Clown Axis of Evil deploying secret weapon - Big Hats™
    Satire

http://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news/w...eapon-big-hats
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    Sam, if I have missed your point then I am all ears. I do know this, evil exists and no faith can erase it, now that we have technology to project that evil without remorse, it is incumbent on each of us to try and protect our lives so we can still freely exercise our faith.

Did I miss your meaning, or do you believe the answer lies in scripture?

Sam can answer for himself, but I believe you've missed both the point of Sam's reference as well as the solution for the problem, as he sees it.

Here's the passage, in whole, that Sam was referring too.

[Rev 9:1-11 KJV] 1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. 7 And the shapes of the locusts [were] like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads [were] as it were crowns like gold, and their faces [were] as the faces of men. 8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as [the teeth] of lions. 9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings [was] as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power [was] to hurt men five months. 11 And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.
    The portion of the text in bold is the actual reference and, while I tend to agree that this technology could conceivably fulfill parts of this passage, I disagree that it's certain at this point and certain aspects of the text, verses 7-11 in particular, undermine the idea completely. I therefore lean away from this being an actual fulfillment of this text, at this time.

Likewise, the countermeasure that I'm pretty sure that Sam is referencing, which is salvation through faith in Christ, would only be effective if the technology we're viewing is, in fact, the fulfillment of this passage. As I don't believe that this passage is being fulfilled yet, I don't believe that salvation would deliver the temporal countermeasure that is seen in this passage against this technology.

This could very well be an early phase or early prototype of the things described in this passage, but I'm doubtful at this point due to one pivotal verse in the above passage. This technology is not autonomous, yet, and it has no ties that we know of to the spirit realm or Abaddon/Apollyon/Apollo. If that connection is ever made, I'll revise my view of things, but until that happens, I see this as just another technology to counter.