Thread: Al Sharpton’s Show Allegedly Next On MSNBC Chopping Block

Default Al Sharpton’s Show Allegedly Next On MSNBC Chopping Block

Al Sharpton’s Show Allegedly Next On MSNBC Chopping Block, Goal To “Move Away From Left-Wing TV”
    Heh. If he gets booted by MSNBC, rejected by #BlackLivesMatter’s folks, he may be reduced to peddling tracts with the Scientologists on the street corner…
    Via Truth Revolt:
    Thursday, MSNBC announced the cancelation of Ronan Farrow’s and Joy Reid’s afternoon bombs—a move many saw coming for some time now with both shows consistently tanking in the ratings. But inside sources say that the dual cancelations are just the beginning of a major shakeup at ratings-challenged MSNBC, as the network attempts to move back toward the center after veering far left. Next on the chopping block: Chris Hayes and Al Sharpton.
    Citing two “well-placed sources,” The Daily Beast reports that in addition to canceling Chris Hayes’ struggling 8 p.m. show in the “relatively short term,” Al Sharpton’s weeknight 6 p.m. show is likely to get the ax “in the longer term,” with the controversial host relegated to a weekend slot.
    Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation,” though popular with African Americans (accounting for 35 percent of the audience), has continued to underperform—as has the host, who is regularly mocked for his teleprompter gaffs and insincere posturing. Sharpton’s self-promotional version of civil rights activism, his deplorable tax record, and controversy-ridden past have frequently resulted in unflattering headlines during his stint at the network.
    MSNBC President Phil Griffin’s personnel and programming changes are part of a larger move away from the left-wing political commentary that has become MSNBC’s trademark toward straight news reporting.
    “Everybody in the food chain from top to bottom understands that the Olbermann era is over,” said one of the sources. “Going left was a brilliant strategy while it lasted and made hundreds of millions of dollars for Comcast, but now it doesn’t work any more…The goal is to move away from left-wing TV.”
    Keep reading
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Forget Current #Oscar Hype – Young ‘Forrest Gump’ Actor Michael Humphreys’ Parents Were Too Poor To Buy 1995 Oscars Tickets, He Later Joins Military, Serves In Iraq
    Fight, Forest, fight. His story doesn’t fit the Hollywood narrative.
    Via The Daily Mail
    Two decades ago the movie Forrest Gump was the toast of the Oscars – winning six Academy Awards including Best Actor for Tom Hanks and Best Director for Robert Zemeckis.
    But child star Michael Conner Humphreys – who played a young Forrest in leg braces – missed out on his big chance to attend the biggest showbiz event on the planet.
    His parents were offered the chance to buy tickets for the most important night of their son’s life but, unable to find the cash, eight-year-old Michael and his family watched the show at home on TV.
    In an exclusive interview with Daily Mail Online, just days before this years Academy Awards, Michael recalls: ‘I was eight when this all went down, but my parents were asked if they wanted to buy an Oscar ticket and they couldn’t afford it.
    ‘The tickets were going to cost a lot of money, so we decided to just watch it on TV like everyone else.
    ‘At the time I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go or not, but it would be a different situation now.
    ‘I would try and go. As an eight-year-old I didn’t mind, that’s the perspective, I guess, of a child.
    ‘But we did watch it at home and were glad that it received as many awards as it did.’
    The movie was a global success. It depicts several decades in the life of Forrest Gump, a slow-witted and naive, but good-hearted and athletically prodigious, man from Alabama who witnesses, and in some cases influences, some of the defining events of the latter half of the 20th century in the United States.
    But despite missing out on the glitz of the Academy Awards back in 1995, Michael said Hollywood star Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis both made an effort to congratulate him for his part in the movie.[…]
    ‘I attended the equivalent of the Oscars in other countries. I went to the BAFTAs [The British equivalent] so I attended some of the ceremonies,’ he said.
    ‘And I was awarded a couple. I have the equivalent of a German Oscar and the equivalent of a Japanese Oscar that I was given in those countries.
    ‘They look similar to Oscars, but they’ve just got different languages written on them.'[…]
    Michael served four years in the U.S. Army as an infantry soldier, which included an 18 month tour of duty in Iraq.
    Keep reading
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Good! It's about time.
    Warms my heart.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Sorry to report PoliticsNation is still on the air. Here's an interview with Chelsea Clinton.

Chelsea Clinton Denies Al Sharpton’s Claim Hillary Wants Another Baby
    Satire

http://www.thedailyrash.com/chelsea-...s-another-baby
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

The Ministry of Propaganda is slowly being consumed from within.
    .........against all enemies, foreign and domestic

He got caught by the IRS and narced on his drug dealing buddies, wore a wire for years; probably still is