Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "It Can Reach Washington, DC": Latest North Korean ICBM Can Hit Anywhere USA

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Not speaking for LF's, but have read in other articles, that re-entry is tough and it not burn up.

Speaking for myself. Targeting IMHO isn't a major problem. Hitting anywhere on the continent in the lower 48, would be really bad. It wouldn't be like, "Wow did you see that cloud it was really weird. Hand me another beer." Even if it hit in a desert. The old V1 and maybe the V2 in WWII only had enough fuel to get to London.

However having the right trajectory to leave the atmosphere, and then reenter without bouncing off, and going into space, or to steep and burn up, is another problem all together.

The articles I have read say it's still another 2 years out. They've been wrong before.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Not speaking for LF's, but have read in other articles, that re-entry is tough and it not burn up.

Speaking for myself. Targeting IMHO isn't a major problem. Hitting anywhere on the continent in the lower 48, would be really bad. It wouldn't be like, "Wow did you see that cloud it was really weird. Hand me another beer." Even if it hit in a desert. The old V1 and maybe the V2 in WWII only had enough fuel to get to London.

However having the right trajectory to leave the atmosphere, and then reenter without bouncing off, and going into space, or to steep and burn up, is another problem all together.

The articles I have read say it's still another 2 years out. They've been wrong before.
    The fact that they have seemed to get the rocket nozzle ablative coating right isn't encouraging, although all of this tech may have been sourced from China.
    HAVE A PLAN TO KILL EVERY COMMUNIST/FASCIST/SATANIST YOU MEET
    You can thank me later

Concern for our Asian allies will end up being our Achilles Heel.

Not speaking for LF's, but have read in other articles, that re-entry is tough and it not burn up... The articles I have read say it's still another 2 years out. They've been wrong before.
    Just because reentry is technically challenging is no reason to think they can't make (or have not already made) a viable reentry vehicle. As you say, many analysts keep underestimating the NORK ability to execute in both their missile program and in making nuclear bombs. Right now, to say they don't have the means to strike us now, that's definitely whistling past the graveyard.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Just because reentry is technically challenging is no reason to think they can't make (or have not already made) a viable reentry vehicle. As you say, many analysts keep underestimating the NORK ability to execute in both their missile program and in making nuclear bombs. Right now, to say they don't have the means to strike us now, that's definitely whistling past the graveyard.
    Like Lords Chamberlain and Halifax assuring the world that it had nothing to fear from Hitler.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Hey Searcher,

Yeah, I get that, and wasn't dissing you, was just saying. And yeah, I'm not sitting back chilling because some scientist is saying it's 2 years out.

Don't know what all I can do, other than stayed informed. 'Course if they do tell us that NK has launched a nuke at us, I'm heading to the bank asap, and getting it all out. Even if it's a dollar. And making sure all my gas tanks are full. And LOL......
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Hey Searcher,

Yeah, I get that, and wasn't dissing you, was just saying. And yeah, I'm not sitting back chilling because some scientist is saying it's 2 years out.

Don't know what all I can do, other than stayed informed. 'Course if they do tell us that NK has launched a nuke at us, I'm heading to the bank asap, and getting it all out. Even if it's a dollar. And making sure all my gas tanks are full. And LOL......
    Roger that, and sorry if you thought I was pouncing on you, that wasn't my intention.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

It does not have to be that accurate ..If it hits anywhere along the east coast it will be bad, Reentry and burning up is no problem The US on their first gen ICBMs used thick copper so all they have to solve is the lift problem for the range , But then that can be solved by loading the mobile launcher onto a ship and sailing closer!!!
    confedrate american.....Do not swat the fly on the head of a Tiger!!!

Roger that, and sorry if you thought I was pouncing on you, that wasn't my intention.
    I didn't, we good. Just didn't want you thinking the same.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Sort of an update.

Here is a snippet:

A solid-fuel system for an ICBM would be a significant development and could allow the North Koreans to transport and launch a missile more quickly, compared to a liquid-fuel system that requires lengthy preparation.
    The photos appeared to show the missile with at least two large nozzles on its first stage, instead of the one large and several smaller nozzles on the Hwasong-14.
    'The first stage seems to use essentially the same case [as the Hwasong-14] but has two engines,' said David Wright, of the Union of Concerned Scientists, a U.S.-based nonprofit science advocacy group. 'The second stage looks like it can carry more than twice as much propellant. The combination of those two things means it really is a new, more capable missile.'
    The missile's size and design may also make it possible for it to carry a larger warhead and a more robust re-entry vehicle, analysts said.
    The nose section of the missile appeared to be blunter than previous versions, which might suggest progress in developing a re-entry vehicle, Bermudez said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4zvsKqWnt
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Tons of pics and vids at site. Plus lots more comments.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him