Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Default Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

(Bloomberg) -- The National Rifle Association has called the concealed carry bill, which would make it easier for gun owners to keep their firearms hidden when crossing state lines, its “highest legislative priority in Congress.” Despite concerns raised by Democrats about states’ rights and domestic violence, the Republican-controlled Congress has pushed the proposal one step closer to becoming law.

The House Judiciary Committee late Wednesday voted 19-11 for the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, which would amend the federal criminal code to allow the concealed transport of handguns across state lines, so long as both states allow it. States will not be able to impose their individual requirements for a concealed carry license on armed travelers from other states.

More at link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

...to allow the concealed transport of handguns across state lines, so long as both states allow it.
    That's the way it is now.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means.....

If a state allows conceal carry, and right now I think they all do, then any conceal carry permit is allowed. Meaning the standards under which a CCW is issued in Miss. doesn't have to measure up to the standards of New York, to be legal to carry in New York.

Right now New York, (using as an example) can deny CCW from Miss. as being legal in there state. I think now there are 11 states that don't recognize CCW from Miss. but they do issue CCW permits. If this were to past the Miss. permits would be legal in those states.

If after passage, a state decides to not issue permits anymore, then the Miss. permit would not be valid.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

I wonder about people from states like Vermont which doesn't issue permits? Would they be able to carry in states like New York?
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

My understanding is all they have to do is show their Driver's License.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    That's the way it is now.
    That isn't exactly the case. There are some states that only recognize permits issued within their state. California, New York, and a few other blue states are like that.

That is why you had the 11 or 16 State AG's filing suit trying to stop this bill from passing. Every one of them was from a blue Libtard state that have "may issue" instead of "shall issue" permits.

I don't think there should be ANY permits required, but that is another debate.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    (Bloomberg) -- The National Rifle Association has called the concealed carry bill, which would make it easier for gun owners to keep their firearms hidden when crossing state lines, its “highest legislative priority in Congress.”
    Hidden? There should be no "hidden".

Words have meaning, pay attention to their use.

As Blues lightly touched on, this is NOT to our benefit ....

O.W.

Will this bill address other differences in state laws like magazine capacities, hollow point ammo, whether the firearm must be in a holster, etc.?

A 12 round magazine, one hollow point bullet or a pistol on your person that is not in an approved holster can earn some serious time in prison in some states.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Just keep in mind what Blues so often reminds us of. CCW and reciprocity is a rotten carrot on a pole.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Federal law imposing itself on State's rights?