Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    Call me cynical, but if the NRA and many establishment Republicons support reciprocity, it's a bad deal and a scam.
    You and me both sir! Cynical or whatever you want to call it. I no longer believe anything till I see it in my hand or am reaping the benefits of whatever it was they promised.

Update, more info:

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) is warning that House Leadership plans to merge Obama-style gun control with national reciprocity for concealed carry.
    This news comes just days before Rep. Richard Hudson’s (R-NC) national reciprocity legislation, H.R. 38, is supposed to go the House floor for a vote.Massie explains that the Obama-style gun controls are contained in the “fix-NICS” legislation, the very legislation that House Leadership “plans to merge” with H.R. 38. He used a Facebook post to explain the “fix-NICS” legislation would allow “agencies, not just courts, to adjudicate your second amendment rights.”He expounds:
    advertisement
    [“Fix-NICS”] encourages administrative agencies, not the courts, to submit more names to a national database that will determine whether you can or can’t obtain a firearm. When President Obama couldn’t get Congress to pass gun control, he implemented a strategy of compelling, through administrative rules, the Veterans Administration and the Social Security Administration to submit lists of veterans and seniors, many of whom never had a day in court, to be included in the NICS database of people prohibited from owning a firearm. Only a state court, a federal (article III) court, or a military court, should ever be able to suspend your rights for any significant period of time.
    Massie does not name names, but presumes that some are seeking to add the gun control legislation as a way of “to ensure reciprocity will pass in the Senate.” Yet he believes it is a foolish attempt to gain the support of Senators like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY), who will not support national reciprocity legislation “even if it contains the fix-NICS legislation they support for expanding the background check database.”Massie observed, “If our House leadership insists on bringing the flawed fix-NICS bill to the floor, they shouldn’t play games. We should vote separately on HR 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill, and HR 4477, the fix-NICS bill. And we should be given enough time to amend the fix-NICS bill, because it needs to be fixed, if not axed.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...l-reciprocity/
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

The legislation also specifically requires those who carry across state lines comply with the firearms laws of whatever state they are in. This means if someone enters a state where magazines with capacities of over, say, 10 rounds, with a 12 round mag, it's jail time and permanent loss of gun rights. Same with ammo. If hollow point, or some other ammo is illegal in a particular state and you have that type ammo, jail time.

The next step will probably be to "standardize" firearms laws in all 50 states. Not good.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    The next step will probably be to "standardize" firearms laws in all 50 states. Not good.
    I can see that as a possibility. Imagine California's state gun laws becoming the standard. The best thing the Fed can do is to stay out of it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    I can see that as a possibility. Imagine California's state gun laws becoming the standard. The best thing the Fed can do is to stay out of it altogether.
    I agree. Now who is the doofus who thinks this is a good idea??

Like I've stated all along the NRA leadership is all for "SENSIBLE GUN CONTROL", the rank and file need to clean out the leadership and put real GUN owners in charge...

26 million guns sold though NICS in 2016
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."