Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to declare jerusalem israel capital on 12/6/17

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX
    The irony is... one group supports the Jews' claim to Jerusalem
    another group supports Muslim claim to Jerusalem. But no group
    [not even Christians] supports a Christian claim to Jerusalem.
    I don't know about that, KingsX. The Catholic church has wanted to claim Jerusalem for a long time. They want to make it an international city with all three faiths sharing sovereignty. You just don't hear about it much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post

I don't know about that, KingsX. The Catholic church has wanted to claim Jerusalem for a long time. They want to make it an international city with all three faiths sharing sovereignty. You just don't hear about it much anymore.

That too is ironic. Turning Jerusalem into an "international city" where all three faiths worship
    wasn't why Eastern Christians [Byzantium] and Western Christian crusaders fought and died.
    They fought and died to remove all antichrists and make Jerusalem all Christian.

This is one of the reasons why Christianity is waning and dying around the world... it's no longer
    a no compromise militant religion.

This is one of the reasons why Christianity is waning and dying around the world... it's no longer
    a no compromise militant religion.
    I've never heard of a time when true Christianity was a militant religion. That makes it sound like, once upon a time, Christianity was no better than Islam. They always have been, and always will be militant. It's their nature. Christianity doesn't fall under the umbrella of the Catholic Church.

Zechariah 12/3
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

The irony is... one group supports the Jews' claim to Jerusalem
    another group supports Muslim claim to Jerusalem. But no group
    [not even Christians] supports a Christian claim to Jerusalem.

Once upon a time, Christian warriors fought and died to defend
    Christian Jerusalem from all antichrists. Now they lie unknown,
    unhonored, and unsung in unmarked graves.
    So why didn't their God help them keep Jerusalem?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post

I've never heard of a time when true Christianity was a militant religion. That makes it sound like, once upon a time, Christianity was no better than Islam. They always have been, and always will be militant. It's their nature. Christianity doesn't fall under the umbrella of the Catholic Church.

Jesus said He came NOT to bring peace, but a sword. Jesus said He wanted division, not unity. Jesus said He came to bring fire to the earth and wished it were already kindled. Matthew 10:34-36 & Luke 12:49-51

Once upon a time Christianity was a no compromise militant religion. Back when it was growing and becoming the dominate religion of what would be the dominate people on the planet.

I just posted two examples... when Byzantium Christians fought and died to defend their Christian Jerusalem from infidels and antichrists. Then later when Western Christian crusaders tried to liberate Jerusalem from antichrists.

Today, Christians are weak and willing to compromise their faith to avoid conflict... both in the world and in the church.

But ironically Christians are willing to go to war... to fight and die... for pluralistic secular democracy... not for Christ.

Islam is now the dominate global militant religion... which is why Muslims are now winning over Christians.

Jesus said He came NOT to bring peace, but a sword. Jesus said He wanted division, not unity. Jesus said He came to bring fire to the earth and wished it were already kindled. Matthew 10:34-36 & Luke 12:49-51

Once upon a time Christianity was a no compromise militant religion. Back when it was growing and becoming the dominate religion of what would be the dominate people on the planet.

I just posted two examples... when Byzantium Christians fought and died to defend their Christian Jerusalem from infidels and antichrists. Then later when Western Christian crusaders tried to liberate Jerusalem from antichrists.

Today, Christians are weak and willing to compromise their faith to avoid conflict... both in the world and in the church.

Bur ironically Christians are willing to go to war... to fight and die... for pluralistic secular democracy... not for Christ.

Islam is now the dominate global militant religion... which is why Muslims are now winning over Christians.
    While I don't agree with your viewpoint, I'm not here to change anyone's mind. Each person stands or falls by what they believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

So why didn't their God help them keep Jerusalem?

For the same reason that God allowed Stephen to be stoned to death...
    and all the millions of Christian martyrs to die for Christ throughout the
    centuries. Jesus told His disciples that they will suffer in this world as
    He had suffered. Jesus said the world hated Me and it will hate you
    who follow Me.

Ironically, Christians today want the world to like them so they are
    willing to compromise and embrace the world's evil and perversion.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    Ironically, Christians today want the world to like them so they are willing to compromise and embrace the world's evil and perversion.
    Ain't that the gospel truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    And from whence does Trump derive the Moral Authority? Or for that matter the Legal Authority?
    I think that the author of the article at the link in the OP would have done better to title it:

"Trump will declare that America recognizes Jerusalem as the capitol....."

The Knesset, etc. are already located there.
    "At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm