Thread: Restoring yellow headlights

Default Restoring yellow headlights

Ok so I'm behind the times out here. If you are looking for fast cheap simple way to clear your headlights up,,,

Mothers Mag & Alum wheel polish. You can use it by hand or for fast and better results use it with a small buffing pad and a cordless drill, or buffer. A few minutes is all it takes.

I feel like an idiot for not using it earlier. Good luck.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

You can also use Mothers to take the metal marks off of your dishes and of course to clean up your mag wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    Ok so I'm behind the times out here. If you are looking for fast cheap simple way to clear your headlights up,,,

Mothers Mag & Alum wheel polish. You can use it by hand or for fast and better results use it with a small buffing pad and a cordless drill, or buffer. A few minutes is all it takes.

I feel like an idiot for not using it earlier. Good luck.
    Toothpaste works too... though some elbow grease is required.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

I used a very fine grade sandpaper, and water sanded them. Worked fine and didn't take long.

Also if you go thru some newly repaved roads and you get tar sprayed on your car......spray a heavy coat of WD-40, let set for a few minutes, to soak in, and then clean with Dawn. O pull the car out in the yard. It will drip tar on your pavement over wise. Do a second time if needed. Some elbow grease required.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him