Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking this might be 'common sense'?

It would be highly UNlikely to see sea level rise in one area. The reason, water levels itself.

For instance if a volcano were to suddenly rise in the middle of Pacific, displacing tons, and tons of water, and making an Island, let's call this island Hawaii. There might be a tsunami etc... associated with it blah, blah, and then that water displacement will spread all over the globe. From the Pacific, to the Indian, to the Atlantic, and then up river ways like the Mississippi, the Amazon, the Nile etc..... Once it is all over, the Ocean rise due to the water displacement of Hawaii being created would be microscopic, since it would be leveled out all over the world.

If someone wants to keep up with sea level rise, and measure it, then the best place would be somewhere that is normally under sea level. Like New Orleans. Once New Orleans stays flooded with sea water all year long, you have sea level rise. As of last report New Orleans has 12 pumping stations off line, due to maintenance issues, and I haven't seen anyone walking down flooded streets or sitting on house tops.

So until that happens I, for one, am not worried about sea level rise.

If that ever happens, then Natchez will not be worried about snow melt in the Missouri Breaks, coming south, but about sea water coming north.

BTW rivers empty into the oceans all year long, every year, all over the world, tons and tons of water, going through dams to give electricity to cities, flooding flat lands and plains all over the world, which is measured in feet, and yet not a single inch of sea level rise.
Has anyone considered how all the troubles and strife in the world are caused by people believing lies rather than the truth?