Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alabama Senate Special Election - Moore vs. Jones Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Which founders were those?

The founders ratified the Constitution with ten amendments. Roy Moore has spoken against Amendment I. He's said that muslims shouldn't be allowed to hold elective office. Was one or more of the founders opposed to amendment I?
    Article. VI

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Of course I would never vote for a Muslim. Come to think of it, I don't vote for anybody.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Just so we are comparing apples and apples, define Muslim.
    Since no one has posted to this I will. Muslims are the people whereas the religion is Islam. There may be Muslims that do not practice Islam and of course there may be people that are not Muslims who practice Christianity.
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike n Ree View Post
    Since no one has posted to this I will. Muslims are the people whereas the religion is Islam. There may be Muslims that do not practice Islam and of course there may be people that are not Muslims who practice Christianity.
    whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Spike n Ree View Post
    I messed up when I posted this. What I ment to say was this. Muslims are the people whereas the religion is Islam. Most Muslims practice Islam. There may be Muslims that do not practice Islam and may even practice Chrisianity. Also there my be non-Muslims that practice Islam.
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Muslims are the people that practice Islam. They do not practice Christianity otherwise they would be Christians and not muslims.