Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going Dark?

when i joined ttol it was very vibrant in deed,there was more diversity of opinion which makes for good conversation sometimes---jmo

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee
    when i joined ttol it was very vibrant in deed,there was more diversity of opinion which makes for good conversation sometimes---jmo
    LOL, well, we still have diversity of opinions here. What we don't see much of anymore is the arguing and fighting that we once had. Discussions of differing opinions, yes, but no fighting. I can't remember when the last time was that someone had to be put on vacation or banned. Isn't that a good thing?

Over the years, sometimes it would get a little rowdy.
    Since I've only been to the other place a few times, I could be wrong.

I've been told that it's a tighter ship with less tolerance for the give and take that Housewolf allows.

I prefer this
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett
    I've been told that it's a tighter ship with less tolerance for the give and take that Housewolf allows.

I prefer this
    Me, too, Davy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Over the years, sometimes it would get a little rowdy.
    Since I've only been to the other place a few times, I could be wrong.

I prefer this
    LOL I actually think that there is more leeway there.
    Now, you may get piled on if you have a different opinion than the majority so you need to have a thick skin if you're going against that. I DO have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me. It does make you think and consider your stand though. You have to know what you know that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by somoprepper08
    LOL I actually think that there is more leeway there.
    Now, you may get piled on if you have a different opinion than the majority so you need to have a thick skin if you're going against that. I DO have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me. It does make you think and consider your stand though. You have to know what you know that you know.
    That's why I wouldn't fit in there at all. Most of my views go against the majority, and I would get piled on too often. I get enough of that here, LOL!

Once again, another member has gone missing. Samuel Adams..... Anyone know?

I bounce back and forth. The two make for a complete look on the world. To call one better, is an "on any given day" reality. The Tree has a better Christian focus from my perspective. Too many poo poo it at the bomb.....to some degree.

There is tremendous intellect and knowledge at both sites..... making them both so valuable. Not to mention the love. It too oozes from both sites.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

The reason I ask about missing members is that I consider all members here as TTOL family. When long standing members suddenly disappear, I worry that something has happened to them. That's why I ask. Each member has a unique personality and outlook that is surely missed.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

I have been here long enough to remember people like INVAR and Chicom and johngaltfla, and I miss people like that. Seems like there used to be more diversity here.

I am a member over at tb2k, but somehow I always seem to stay away long enough to forget my log-in, and it's a serious hassle to get checked back in, so I never go there. There are 2 other prepper forums I've been on, but they both changed leadership about the same time, and that made me suspicious of who was running things and I haven't been back.

Don't know, though, where Meemur went. Maybe she just got sidetracked with holidays and family. I'm glad you and CaryC are still here, though.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20