If this has been discussed to death on the board in the past, please ignore the thread and accept my apologies for missing out on that discussion.

Otherwise . . .

This thread posted by CaryC brought the topic to mind: 12,000 YO Mountian size find

First off, I am not being critical of that thread. I am just asking a question, curious for what others think, and started a new thread not wanting to take that one off topic.

Can an object on the earth be 12,000 years old?

How old is the earth? Creationists say a Biblical worldview puts it at 6,000 years, give or take a few.

Yet, there are finds all over the place pointing to one thing or another happening 10,000 years ago and longer, in some cases ridiculously longer like hundreds of millions of years.

Is the truth of the matter, somehow, "both"?

Or is it, as some suggest, an act of disbelief to even think that the world might be older than the 6,000 years since creation found according to the Holy Bible? For example, from https://answersingenesis.org/theory-...ons-of-years/:

What is at stake here is the authority of Scripture, the character of God, the doctrine of death, and the very foundation of the gospel. If the early chapters of Genesis are not true literal history, then faith in the rest of the Bible is undermined, including its teaching about salvation and morality. I urge you to carefully read the other chapters in this book. The health of the church, the effectiveness of her mission to a lost world, and the glory of God are at stake.

I have long thought, "both," and do not find the belief in conflict with the Word of God. I do not believe in evolution. I do believe the creation story exactly as it is revealed in God's Holy Word, that there have been 6,000 years in the age of man, but also that the earth itself may be much older.

Your thoughts?