Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
I don't agree with it either. And I'm sorry I missed that thread and your posts in it, Forty9er.
Well, it was a while ago and I doubt you will be able to find it. BTW, I can almost never find what I search for in this forum although I know it exists, or used to. Maybe that is by design.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post
And, yes, I remember Dr. McGee believed in the old earth as well. In fact (coincidence?) he is mentioned in the article where I found this paragraph, with which I do agree:

It should be understood that the Bible is not a book about the heavens…but a book about how to get there. It is not intended to give a strict, scientific account of how the earth and the heavens were created. It is just stating the fact that God created and that’s enough for us to know. If God had wanted us to know exactly how old the earth is, then He would have given us more precise information. No one was alive to report to us the exact date and time of the creation. Does it really matter just how old the earth is? Should this be a divisive issue? I do not believe that it should.

Now that statement is something I can agree with too! Unfortunately, there have been way too many times in history where people have made statements about what they believe is scientific fact which they base on the Bible and it turns out not to be true.