Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prayers Please For My Wife.

Wonderful news, Ross! That's so good to hear of the faithfulness of our Father to hear and answer our prayers. He is so merciful.

Just so you know, my aunt who has gone through the same thing had a lot more extensive surgery than your dear wife with the removal of several lymph glads over a rather large section of her underarms and sides along with a double mastectomy. She made a total and complete recovery, and has been cancer free for many years. She's 84 now and healthy for her age.

Will continue praying for a full and lasting recovery for her, and prayers for you as well.

[QUOTE=Sherree;2731384]Wonderful news, Ross! That's so good to hear of the faithfulness of our Father to hear and answer our prayers. He is so merciful.

Just so you know, my aunt who has gone through the same thing had a lot more extensive surgery than your dear wife with the removal of several lymph glads over a rather large section of her underarms and sides along with a double mastectomy. She made a total and complete recovery, and has been cancer free for many years. She's 84 now and healthy for her age.

Will continue praying for a full and lasting recovery for her, and prayers for you as well.[/QUOTE

Thank you Sherree for this testimony.
    They are so important because they lift the spirits.

What is it with hospital protocols?
    I know they must take BP, O2 saturation and check drainage, but do they really need to flush the drainage remains down a commode that sounds like the Budweiser Clydesdales coming on the field and would easily flush a Volkswagen?
    Last edited by RossLunch; 01-13-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: misspelled Clydesdales
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    Just got home from the hospital and just before the big storm hits.
    So, here goes:

1. The surgery went perfectly.

2. There were no cancer cells in the node downstream from the lump.

3. Most important of all, our prayers were heard and answered.

I thank all who prayed for her, both members and guests. Thank you. Thank you.

I haven't slept much the past two days, so I'm a little befuddled.
    It was late yesterday when she was taken to a room and she stayed loopy from the anesthesia all night.

It was late in the day today when the doctor came by to release her from the hospital so this is my first chance to update.

God was merciful.
    Praise God!

Glade to hear of this. A good report is a treasure in these last days.

We have family dealing with illnesses and our prayer list is quite busy.

Glory to God!
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Just a light update. She is healing well and the pain is down to a 2 or 3. The most difficult issue at the moment is keeping her down and resting. She is not accustomed to inactivity.

Thanks to all for the prayers and encouragement.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch
    And, thank you for the update! Continuing in prayer for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    Just a light update. She is healing well and the pain is down to a 2 or 3. The most difficult issue at the moment is keeping her down and resting. She is not accustomed to inactivity.

A good sign! :)
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Update.
    Drains were removed last night by our oldest daughter. These were a royal pain, but necessary. They required emptying the bulbs three times a day and striping the lines twice a day.
    Amount of fluid and color were recorded. When the total amount per day from both drains was less than 30ml, they can be removed.

Also, will require hormonal therapy and not chemotherapy; dose is one pill per day for five years. This therapy doesn't have near the side effects as chemo.

great news
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."