Thread: Something funny happened at synagogue yesterday.

Default Something funny happened at synagogue yesterday.

So, I'm at synagogue, and two Jewish friends were talking to the rabbi. One friend was discussing an article he had just read about how many Jewish people give their kids a Jewish upbringing, only to have them convert to Christianity.

"Strange that you should mention that", said the other friend. "I sent my kid to hebrew day school, the best Yeshiva, I spent a bundle on his education. I raised him in an authentic Jewish home and environment. And the other day he comes to me and announces that he became a Christian." Looking to the rabbi, he asked " what can I do?".

"Strange that you mention that" said the rav, " I too raised my son in an in observant Jewish home. He learned all about his heritage, I spared no expense on his education too. But eventually he told me he had become a Christian too. I was flabergasted."

"What did you do?", they asked the rabbi. " Same thing I always do" said rav. "I took it to G-d". "What did G-d say", they asked. " strange that you should mention that" he replied......
    Last edited by Wiskey Reb; 12-24-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    So, I'm at synagogue, and two Jewish friends were talking to the rabbi. One friend was discussing an article he had just read about how many Jewish people give their kids a Jewish upbringing, only to have them convert to Christianity.

"Strange that you should mention that", said the other friend. "I sent my kid to hebrew day school, the best Yeshiva, I spent a bundle on his education. I raised him in an authentic Jewish home and environment. And the other day he comes to me and announces that he became a Christian." Looking to the rabbi, he asked " what can I do?".

"Strange that you mention that" said the rav, " I too raised my son in an in observant Jewish home. He learned all about his heritage, I spared no expense on his education too. But eventually he told me he had become a Christian too. I was flabergasted."

"What did you do?", they asked the rabbi. " Same thing I always do" said rav. "I took it to G-d". "What did G-d say", they asked. " strange that you should mention that" he replied......

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

OY!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post

Strange, indeed!