Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Default Keeping His Commandments

Description:

What did the Lord Jesus mean when he said, "If you love me, keep my commandments?" When people ask this question, most often this is asked to accuse someone of being a false teacher for not telling people to keep the commandments. In these two programs, Aaron gets right to the point and explains why the Lord Jesus said this.

IMO, this is the most important message that purported 'Law Keepers', mainline church-goers, 7th day crowd and any other false religions/teachings who pretend to obey God's Law can ever listen to. If there's one message you should listen to, this is it. It's the Truth and you better get this one right because it's the only one that matters, your salvation depends on it. Ignore it at your own peril but time is very short.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

I'll just leave this right here for now...

Would You Know If A Wolf Was Devouring You?

Not necessarily (we will get to this in a minute); unless you can identify how this animal term is used. Messiah warned often of this, but do folks know what He was referencing? It seems most do not.

Luk 10:3 “Go! See, I send you out as lambs into the MIDST OF WOLVES Mat 7:15 “But beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are SAVAGE WOLVES. Mat 10:16 “See, I send you out as sheep in the MIDST OF WOLVES. Therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
    We see Paul spoke about it too: Act 20:29-30 “For I know this, that after my departure SAVAGE WOLVES shall come in among you, not sparing the flock.“Also from among yourselves men shall arise, speaking distorted teachings, to draw away the taught ones after themselves.

Of course there were no writings such as the above at the time; these testimonies came later. What they were reading and referencing came straight from the TaNaK…the ONLY Scriptures they had. Let’s look at how these WOLVES are described…

Eze 22:26-27 “Her priests have done violence to My teaching and they profane My set-apart matters. They have not distinguished between the set-apart and profane, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean. And they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned in their midst. “Her leaders in her midst are like WOLVES tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy lives, and to get greedy gain.
    Well, that was clear. These WOLVES were doing violence to His set-apart matters. Of note, no distinction between clean and unclean, they refused His Sabbaths…the result is He is profaned, the WOLVES were devouring their prey by these actions…destroying lives for greedy gain.

Zep 3:3-4 Her rulers in her midst are roaring lions, her judges are evening WOLVES they shall leave no bone until morning. Her prophets are reckless, treacherous men. Her priests have profaned the set-apart place, they have done VIOLENCE TO THE TORAH.

Another clear reference above, describing those WOLVES as profaning His set-apart; and doing violence to His Torah; reckless and treacherous men who do this. Hmmm…sounds like modern day Christianity. “Jesus is my Sabbath” – “That old law was for Jews, Jesus nailed it to the cross” – “Dogs, cats, rats, mice, and swine are now acceptable foods if you pray over it”. Here is the danger for believing such – you are leaving yourselves wide open for strong delusion; you may not even be aware that the WOLVES are eating you alive right now!

2Th 2:7-11 For the secret of LAWLESSNESS is already at work – only until he who now restrains comes out of the midst. And then the LAWLESS one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming. The coming of the LAWLESS one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved. And FOR THIS REASON ELOHIM SENDS THEM A WORKING OF DELUSION, for them TO BELIEVE THE FALSEHOOD.

Most folks like to quote Paul in this regard, though he kept and taught Torah also. Here is a dire warning given to those who twist Paul's words (and other Scriptures) into LAWLESSNESS and ultimately destruction ...

2Pe 3:16-17 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,1 which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the DELUSION OF THE LAWLESS…

Nothing new under the sun.
    1Co 10:11-12 And all these came upon them as examples, and they were written as a warning to us, on whom the ends of the ages have come, so that he who thinks he stands, let him take heed lest he fall.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Anyone who claims they can obey God's commandments is a liar and anyone who tells you to keep them is a hypocrite.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. ~ Romans 3:23-28

Description: In Romans 3:28, Paul wrote, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law." However, in James 2:24, James wrote, "You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone."

When considering these two passages in the Scriptures, many people have attempted to reconcile the apparent differences. In these programs Aaron considered the possibility that Paul and James did not agree, and referred to several other passages in the Scriptures that could support this assumption. Comparing Acts 15 and Galatians 2, Aaron explains these two passages from a fresh perspective that can give better support for the consistency of the testimony of the Scriptures.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    Anyone who claims they can obey God's commandments is a liar
    I hate it when the Scriptures lie to us, don't you?

Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herodes, the sovereign of Yehuḏah, a certain priest named Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah. And his wife was of the daughters of Aharon, and her name was Elisheḇa.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before Elohim, blamelessly walking in all the commands and righteousnesses of יהוה.

I wonder if they actually believed YHUH when He said:

Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post

Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herodes, the sovereign of Yehuḏah, a certain priest named Zeḵaryah, of the division of Aḇiyah. And his wife was of the daughters of Aharon, and her name was Elisheḇa.

Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before Elohim, blamelessly walking in all the commands and righteousnesses of יהוה.

Deu 30:11 “For this command which I am commanding you today, it is not too hard for you, nor is it far off.
    Do you still sin?
    ¤ Loose Change

Do you still sin?
    IF I sin, He remains my Advocate. I was merely addressing your incorrect claim: "Anyone who claims they can obey God's commandments is a liar"

Ummm...1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Perhaps you were just mixed up?

Acts 15

15 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace from the brethren unto the apostles.

34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.

38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;

40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

Notice how James tries to do exactly what they were not to do. James and Paul did not agree on this matter. James believed in adding yokes that even his fathers were not able to bear.

This is exactly what the Law (un)Keepers believe. They try to add yokes to others that not even they can bear.
    ¤ Loose Change

IF I sin, He remains my Advocate. I was merely addressing your incorrect claim: "Anyone who claims they can obey God's commandments is a liar"

Ummm...1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Perhaps you were just mixed up?
    You mean, when you sin, correct? Just want to clear that up first.
    ¤ Loose Change

I was trying to take a brake from all of this but your anti-Scripture and anti-God teaching is so disgusting that I have to reply.

What you are teaching is a self-righteousness that even goes beyond what those who don't know God believe, that they are "good enough" to be saved and go to heaven. But you teach that man isn't just good enough but is able to follow the Law perfectly and stand before God perfectly holy in his own righteousness. Your twisted teaching implies that there is no need for faith and actually no need for Christ to have died. That is completely contrary to what Scripture teaches and it is truly another gospel that deserves all the condemnation that Galatians and the rest of Scripture gives it.

Here is your reference to Luke 1:5-6 but in actual English:

Luke 1:5 In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah. And he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
    Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord.
    It says that "they were both righteous before God". Stop right there. There is only ONE way to be righteous before God and that is by faith:

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”
    Faith is the only reason Abraham was righteous before God and faith is the only reason anyone is righteous before God. So that, and that alone, is what is meant by the phrase "they were both righteous before God".

Then, only after God saw their faith and gave them righteousness because of it, the verse goes on to say that they were walking "blamelessly" in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord. But their walking blameless was not the cause of their being righteous before God.

And what does it mean when it says that they were blameless? It means that as far as anyone observing their behavior with regard to the Law, there was nothing that people could see to accuse them of violating the Law. But it does not mean that they fulfilled the Law perfectly and were therefore righteous before God. And that is exactly what James is saying:

Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
    Last edited by Forty9er; 12-28-2017 at 11:00 AM.

This is exactly what the Law (un)Keepers believe. They try to add yokes to others that not even they can bear.
    Trying to earn salvation would be an unbearable yoke...only Messiah was able to keep it perfectly; He is my example. Who is your example? Perhaps you need to refresh on a few matters:

Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the Torah of יהוה, And he meditates in His Torah day and night.
    Psa 19:7 The Torah of יהוה is perfect, bringing back the being; The witness of יהוה is trustworthy, making wise the simple;
    Psa 19:8 The orders of יהוה are straight, rejoicing the heart; The command of יהוה is clear, enlightening the eyes;
    Psa 37:31 The Torah of his Elohim is in his heart1; His steps do not slide. Footnote: 1Dt. 6:6, Ps. 40:8, Ps. 119:11, Isa. 51:7.
    Psa 40:8 I have delighted to do Your pleasure, O my Elohim, And Your Torah is within my heart1.” Footnote: 1Ps. 37:31, Ps. 119:11, Isa. 51:7, Heb. 10:7-9.
    Psa 94:12 Blessed is the man You discipline, O Yah, And instruct out of Your Torah,
    Psa 119:1 Blessed are the perfect in the way, Who walk in the Torah of יהוה!
    Psa 119:18 Open my eyes, that I might see Wonders from Your Torah.
    Psa 119:44 That I might guard Your Torah continually, Forever and ever;
    Psa 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
    Psa 119:72 The Torah of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
    Psa 119:142 Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth.
    Pro 4:2 For I gave you good doctrine: Do not forsake my Torah.
    (Joh 7:16 יהושע answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.1 Footnote: 1Deut. 18:15-20.)
    Pro 6:23 For the command is a lamp, And the Torah light, And reproofs of discipline a way of life,
    Pro 7:2 Guard my commands and live, And my Torah as the apple of your eye.
    Isa 8:16 Bind up the witness, seal the Torah among my taught ones.

Just from these few verses we find the torah to be DELIGHTFUL, MEDITATIVE, ABLE TO MAKE WISE, PERFECT, TRUSTWORTHY, REJOICEFUL, CLEAN, ENLIGHTENING, WONDEROUS, BLESSED, ETERNAL, FREEDOM/LIBERTY, BETTER THAN GOLD OR SILVER, TRUTH, GOOD DOCTRINE, A LAMP, A LIGHT, TO BE GUARDED AS THE APPLE OF ONE’S EYE, BOUND AND SEALED WITHIN HIS DISCIPLES…

Those who oppose don’t fare so well…just a very few of those as well…

Isa 8:20 To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no light.
    Isa 30:9 that this is a rebellious people, lying children, children who refuse to hear the Torah of יהוה,
    Pro 28:4 Those who forsake the Torah praise the wrong, Those who guard the Torah strive with them.
    Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination1. Footnote: 1See also 15:29, Isa. 59:1-2, John 9:31, 1 John 3:22.
    Isa 51:7 “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah: do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings. “For a moth eats them like a garment, and a worm eats them like wool; but My righteousness is forever, and My deliverance to all generations.”

Just from those few verses we find they HAVE NO LIGHT, REBELLIOUS, LIARS, PRAISE THE WRONG, ABOMINABLE PRAYERS, REVILERS---AND THEY BECOME FOOD FOR MOTHS AND WORMS.

I love how Paul summarizes the relationship with Torah---

Rom 8:1 There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah יהושע, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 8:2 For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah יהושע has set me free from the law of sin and of death.
    Rom 8:3 For the Torah being powerless, in that it was weak through the flesh, Elohim, having His own Son in the likeness of flesh of sin, and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
    Rom 8:4 so that the righteousness of the Torah should be completed in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the matters of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the matters of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6 For the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7 Because the mind of the flesh is enmity towards Elohim, for it does not subject itself1 to the Torah of Elohim2, neither indeed is it able, Footnotes: 1Or does not obey. 2John 15:5, 1 John 4:4, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 5:18.
    Rom 8:8 and those who are in the flesh are unable to please Elohim.
    Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Messiah, this one is not His.

Succinctly, the torah can save no one, yet the Ruach leads one to obey and take the carnal mind captive with it's tendency towards sin.