Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Continuing: Believing Christians are in process of having the Law written within them, unbelieving Christians resist the Holy Spirit, therefore it is evident that they are also resisting the fruit of the Spirit's production.

What, forty9er, do you think it means to have God's Law written on, or in, our hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Continuing: Believing Christians are in process of having the Law written within them, unbelieving Christians resist the Holy Spirit, therefore it is evident that they are also resisting the fruit of the Spirit's production.

What, forty9er, do you think it means to have God's Law written on, or in, our hearts?
    Eze 36:26 “And I shall give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the heart of stone out of your flesh, and I shall give you a heart of flesh,
    Eze 36:27 and put My Spirit within you1. And I shall cause you to walk in My laws and guard My right-rulings and shall do them. Footnote: 1See 11:19-20, 37:6-14, 39:29.

Act 5:32 “And we are His witnesses to these matters, and so also is the Set-apart Spirit whom Elohim has given to those who obey Him.”1 Footnote: 1See 1 John 3:24.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

forty9er, are you under the authority of the law of the uSA?

I can tell you what it doesn't mean. It doesn't mean that the written code, the 5 books of Moses, are somehow seared permanently into our memory so we are compelled to follow every word.

Why don't you explain how you believe Christians are under the Law when we are told we have died to the Law?

Rom 7:1 Or do you not know, brothers-for I am speaking to those who know the law-that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives?
    Rom 7:4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.
    Rom 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
    However you try to twist these words from Scripture their meaning is clear to anyone who hasn't been blinded by Law keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Why don't you explain how you believe Christians are under the Law when we are told we have died to the Law?

However you try to twist these words from Scripture their meaning is clear to anyone who hasn't been blinded by Law keeping.
    Blinded by lawkeeping? Funny. Christians are not under the law of sin and death.

Blinded by lawkeeping? Funny. Christians are not under the law of sin and death.
    Somebody has been watching Creflo...
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Those verses in Romans are talking about the Law of Moses. That is perfectly clear:

Rom 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
    Rom 7:7 What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
    Which law is it that these verses are talking about that says "You shall not covet"? Your blindness is total.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Those verses in Romans are talking about the Law of Moses. That is perfectly clear:

Which law is it that these verses are talking about that says "You shall not covet"? Your blindness is total.
    Thanks, Off-Grid, for the Creflo thing. I'd heard of him, but never heard him. Wow. So it is the devil who is trying to get people to keep God's law? I think I get it....Just remove the law and then the problem of sin is done away with! No need to be changed and have the law written on our hearts, just get rid of the law, then sin disappears! Shucks, Jesus would not even have had to die. Why didn't God think of that? Such a mean God. Gave instructions that no one could keep. The Law's purpose is not to show us the will of God for our lives, but that we are just poor miserable beings.

forty9er, do you think it is now legal to covet? Since that law was done away with according to you and Creflo?

forty9er, do you think it is now legal to covet?
    As you frequently do, you didn't answer the issue I raised. You had implied that the "law" that Rom 7:4-6 says we have died to and are released from is not the Law of Moses but some different law called "the law of sin and death". And I showed you in the very next verse that the Law those verses are talking about and the Law we are released from IS the Law of Moses. But you just want to ignore that and divert attention by asking a ridiculous question. If that is the way you treat Scripture, by just ignoring verses that don't agree with your doctrine, then I can see how you believe what you do.

Since that law was done away with according to you and Creflo?
    Once again, you are trying to divert attention from your errors by using a smear tactic that is used by people who are backed into corner in a discussion and are desperately trying to find a way to discredit the other person's argument. Creflo Dollar is a false teacher who doesn't believe what I believe but you and OGO want to use him to try to discredit me. That's like me finding something you have in common with Hitler and then saying you and he believe the same things.

If that is the best you can do it is pathetic.

So it is the devil who is trying to get people to keep God's law?
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,