Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

You've already broken them all when you lied to your mother as a kid. And don't say you never did, cuz you will be lying again.

I also noticed that you TOTALLY SIDE STEPPED the NEW COVENANT. Unable too? If you are not able to respond, maybe this isn't the thread for you.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Why are you not able? You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! I still don't get your aerodynamics analogy. Sorry I am so dimwitted. Don't mean to offend you.
    Please specifiy which law you are referring to.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    Well, it seems they find it convenient to pretend to keep the Law anyway so I'm sure that won't be a bother.
    Pretending is the right word to describe what they are doing. They say that they observe the feasts because they are part of the Law but all they are doing is pretending because what they are doing is different than what the Law requires. They just hope no one notices. It is exactly what Romans chapter 2 says about those who boast in the Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er
    Pretending is the right word to describe what they are doing. They say that they observe the feasts because they are part of the Law but all they are doing is pretending because what they are doing is different than what the Law requires. They just hope no one notices. It is exactly what Romans chapter 2 says about those who boast in the Law.
    You're absolutely correct. After this topic of "law keeping" has been discussed over and over through the years that I've been here, all they ever give are excuses as to why they can't keep ALL of laws as they are written. Same excuses now, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    It's fascinating to watch, sad, but fascinating.

It goes something like this:

Law (un)Keeper: "You must obey the Law!"

Born again believer: "Nobody can obey the Law, that's why we need Jesus."

Law (un)Keeper: "I keep the Law, why don't you?!"

Born again believer: "Do you ever sin?"

Law (un)Keeper: "IF I sin, I have Jesus."

Born again believer: "So, you admit you do sin then."

Law (un)Keeper: "Why do you hate the Law?!"

Born again believer: "So you admit you don't keep the Law then because you sin."

Law (un)Keeper: "I keep the Law, why don't you?!"

And on and on and on it goes. Absolutely no common sense whatsoever. The sheer amount of hypocrisy would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. ~ Matthew 23:13
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    You've already broken them all when you lied to your mother as a kid. And don't say you never did, cuz you will be lying again.

I also noticed that you TOTALLY SIDE STEPPED the NEW COVENANT. Unable too? If you are not able to respond, maybe this isn't the thread for you.
    Maybe you missed my recent post on the subject....maybe a page back? So which applicable commands do you find you are unable to keep

It's post number 69, Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth
    And on and on and on it goes. Absolutely no common sense whatsoever. The sheer amount of hypocrisy would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. ~ Matthew 23:13
    You're right. It's sad. They can't commit fully to the law of the OT, and can't fully commit to the law of Christ, so they're lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    You break one, you've broken them all.
    So why try, pastor guest? Still don't understand the charge of hypocrisy for simply trying to encourage people to keep God's commandments.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    It's post number 69, Cary
    Here's a really BIG box of tissue, and room is being saved for you in the safe space in the Root Cellar.

And BTW the OLD Covenant, and the NEW Covenant are different, with different laws, what is there about that you don't understand? It specifically says so. Reading comprehension acting up again? All of which I quoted STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BIBLE, NOTHING MADE UP.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him