Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    You're right. It's sad. They can't commit fully to the law of the OT, and can't fully commit to the law of Christ, so they're lukewarm at best.
    Yep, fence-sitters. They try to use Jesus as a crutch because they can't keep the Law. So, where is their trust? Not Jesus. Jesus said it was finished, they say it's not and they'll take care of the rest. Their trust is in their failed works, and that will be their demise.

If they knew the eternal danger they're in, they'd immediately drop to their knees mid-sentence and be born again in Jesus Christ.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

I think the Law (un)Keepers are the most prideful, unwilling to repent group there is out there. The Word of Faith crowd comes very close but not quite. It just breaks my heart.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Here's a really BIG box of tissue, and room is being saved for you in the safe space in the Root Cellar.
    Sorry, Cary, but I don't understand your reference to the root cellar. But, I'll ask again: Which of God's commands do you find you are unable to keep, or are too hard or burdensome for you? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic
    Sorry, Cary, but I don't understand your reference to the root cellar. But, I'll ask again: Which of God's commands do you find you are unable to keep, or are too hard or burdensome for you? Thanks
    If I may, which of God's commands do you keep? Can you list them for us?

Probably not. They are listed in the scriptures. Apparently they are different than yours? I am not claiming adherence to them all, but I certainly agree that they are righteous. And perfect. Which doyou give yourself permission to not keep? I agree with them. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic
    Probably not. They are listed in the scriptures. Apparently they are different than yours? I am not claiming adherence to them all, but I certainly agree that they are righteous. And perfect. Which doyou give yourself permission to not keep? I agree with them. Don't you?
    Well dmatic, since you are not adhering to them all, why are to trying to force us to? Is it the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra? Sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. ~ James 2:10

You don't obey any because you broke them all.

Are there any other splinters you'd like to pick from others' eyes while ignoring your own logs? Would you like to pick up some rocks too?

I'm sure this will fly right overhead as well but please, carry on. It's good for others to see the hypocrisy in the Law (un)Keepers false teaching.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

I meant to ask dmatic in my earlier post who gave him the authority to pick and choose which of the laws he is to adhere to? If he isn't adhering to all of them, he is guilty of breaking them all. Such nonsense.

The law keepers have tried and once again failed to make their case.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    I am not claiming adherence to them all, but I certainly agree that they are righteous. And perfect.
    Yes, the Law is said to be perfect but it can make no one perfect (Heb 7:19).

We are told the righteous are to live by faith (Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11) and that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6) but Gal 3:12 says that the Law is not of faith. So by claiming to be made righteous by following the Law you are contradicting what Scripture says about the Law and faith.

If God's desire is to make us follow more of the Law, including all of its ceremonial requirements, then that is what the Holy Spirit would produce in us, more conformance to all of the Law. But what is the fruit of the Spirit?

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
    Those are the things God desires to produce in the lives of Christians by the working of the Holy Spirit in us through faith. And notice, conformance to the Law is not mentioned and not one of the fruits of the Spirit is a ceremonial requirement of the Law. But you would have us believe that the fruit of the Spirit should be Sabbath keeping, feast keeping, eating only clean animals, making all of the required animal sacrifices, and only wearing clothes which have fringes with blue cords attached. Instead of the true fruit of the Spirit those are the things you want us to believe that will make us "perfect".

Well dmatic, since you are not adhering to them all, why are to trying to force us to? Is it the "do as I say, not as I do" mantra? Sounds familiar.
    Sherree, I am not, to my knowledge, forcing you to do anything. I am simply trying to discuss the relevancy of God's beautiful commandments. Again, I'll ask, which of God's commandments do you find offensive?

I meant to ask dmatic in my earlier post who gave him the authority to pick and choose which of the laws he is to adhere to? If he isn't adhering to all of them, he is guilty of breaking them all. Such nonsense.
    No one that I know has given me authority to pick and choose. Are you saying that God's commandments are nonsense?