Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    We are told the righteous are to live by faith (Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11) and that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6) but Gal 3:12 says that the Law is not of faith. So by claiming to be made righteous by following the Law you are contradicting what Scripture says about the Law and faith.
    forty9er, can you show me one time where I made the claim you accuse me of?

Those are the things God desires to produce in the lives of Christians by the working of the Holy Spirit in us through faith. And notice, conformance to the Law is not mentioned and not one of the fruits of the Spirit is a ceremonial requirement of the Law. But you would have us believe that the fruit of the Spirit should be Sabbath keeping, feast keeping, eating only clean animals, making all of the required animal sacrifices, and only wearing clothes which have fringes with blue cords attached. Instead of the true fruit of the Spirit those are the things you want us to believe that will make us "perfect".
    It would be nice to see those fruits being demonstrated in this thread. Instead I see mocking, name calling, and false accusations. Let's look at the first fruit of the Spirit mentioned, namely, love. Love is defined in scripture as keeping God's commandments. That is what I am hopeful to see produced in all of us. More love! By ignoring, or dismissing, God's commandments, it seems to me that we are neglecting His Word. Certainly, this saddens me. Actually, I am astounded. Many of you seem to think it contrary to faith to teach the relevancy and effectiveness of God's commandments. Again, I'll ask in a different way: What commands of God's do you find contrary to faith and faithfulness?

One of my favorite portions of scripture is Psalm 119. Just finished reading it. It is wonderful.

"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." v. 165 There we see the third fruit of the Spirit mentioned.

Joy, to my knowledge is not mentioned in the Psalm, but David says that God's law is his delight! v. 77 nd "Unless thy law had been my delights, I should have perished in mine affliction". v 92

"O how I love thy law! It is my meditation all the day." v.97

I find it odd that people who presumably love God and His Word, would try to dissuade someone from studying and keeping His Word, because it is a lamp unto feet and light unto our paths, and gives wisdom and understanding.

And, to Cary's mockery, I do confess: "Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law." Ps. 119:136 Maybe I will take you up on your full box of tissues. Thanks

Dmatic, I don't find any of God's word offensive. What I see taking place in this discussion is that you lack the ability to understand the New Covenant/Law of Christ. It apparently is something foreign to you. Forty9er and others have diligently tried to explain it to you over and over, but you fail to grasp the whole concept. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    And, to Cary's mockery, I do confess: "Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law." Ps. 119:136 Maybe I will take you up on your full box of tissues. Thanks
    What a bunch of Bunk! You really over played your hand this time. In case anyone doesn't know, YOU are a Universalist. YOU are NOT a Hebrew Roots, nor a Law Keeper, out of your own mouth.

We have discussed this several times over the last year, or two. YOU believe everyone will go to heaven. EVERYONE, lawkeepers, un-lawkeepers, Hitler, Stalin, Paul Pot, Christian killing Muslims, Jew Killing Germans, and even The Antichrist, False Prophet, and Satan himself will eventually go to heaven.

That the eternity of the lake of fire is only for an age, and will be done away with, once everyone there learns righteousness, and leaves that place.

So your river of tears is as phony as you are. Every one will be in heaven, whether they keep the law, or not, whether they love the law or not, according to your belief system. You can play the victim, and you should be in Hollywood. You would make a good Ol' Yeller. Or "Where the Red Fern Grows".

You don't believe the same thing OGO does, nor do you believe the same thing WR believes, but yet you act like a little puppy dog bouncing around their feet, encouraging them. "Yeah, you got them there, you're just so wonderful, and brilliant, you stuck them with that one, my knight in shinning armor."

So I wondered why you do that. BFF's with OGO, and WR, Why would you do that, since YOUR religious belief is different from theirs. Since YOU know, that NO ONE has to DO ANYTHING in your belief system to go to heaven.

I think it's because they oppose....call it....the traditional Christian belief system, which is diametrically opposed to yours, and you will support ANYONE, encourage ANYONE, BFF ANYONE, and put them at the tip of the spear, in challenging the traditional Christian belief system. Could it be because you hate it.

And you think that in some way, when you do keep the 600+ laws, which you can't name, but tell us, "James says we should know them", and you do practice those sacrifices in some way honors God, and maybe you won't spend the first 1000+ years of your eternal age in hell. You should be spending your next 3 years Studying Hebrews. You know Hebrews, those are the people who actually knew what the law was.

You're a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Now play the victim, cry a river, and BTW in the Root Cellar you can believe anything.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    We are told the righteous are to live by faith (Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11) and that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6) but Gal 3:12 says that the Law is not of faith. So by claiming to be made righteous by following the Law you are contradicting what Scripture says about the Law and faith.
    forty9er, can you show me one time where I made the claim you accuse me of?
    Isn't that what you believe? If it is God's will for everyone to become more righteous and to sin less, and you believe that it is God's will for everyone to sin less by doing what the Law demands, then aren't you saying that we become righteous by following the Law? That certainly appears to be what OGO is saying and you seem to like all of his "pearls".

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. ~ James 2:10
    Shabbat shalom! Just a quick question as I pop in. I see this verse used quite often as a 'just give up, His commandments are too hard' mantra for those under the lawless delusion. Yet the next verse says:

Jas 2:11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of Torah.

If your view is correct, then which of the above commands do you suggest we break? Either they have authority as direct commands, or they do not.

So what is it?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

then aren't you saying that we become righteous by following the Law? That certainly appears to be what OGO is saying and you seem to like all of his "pearls".
    My gosh, always with the mischaracterizations. How many times have I posted this:

1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.

1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

Of course at this point, I'm wondering if y'all will recognize Him when He comes? All you rail against will be firmly established!

Isa 2:2 And it shall be in the latter days that the mountain of the House of יהוה is established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills. And all nations shall flow to it.
    Isa 2:3 And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, and let Him teach1 us His ways1, and let us walk in His paths1, for out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah1, and the Word1 of יהוה from Yerushalayim.” Footnote: 1His ways, His paths, the teaching and the Word of יהוה are used synonymously.
    Isa 2:4 And He shall judge between the nations, and shall reprove many peoples. And they shall beat their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither teach battle any more.

There will be others like this:

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.”1 Footnote: 1See Ps. 147:19, Isa. 2:3, Isa. 60:2-3, John 4:22, Rom. 2:20, Rom. 3:2, Rom. 9:4.

One will be very surprised at their deception, the other will be in expectation:

Isa 42:4 “He does not become weak or crushed, until He has established right-ruling in the earth. And the coastlands wait for His Torah.”

Shabbat shalom! See ya' all later!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    You should be spending your next 3 years Studying Hebrews. You know Hebrews, those are the people who actually knew what the law was.
    Exactly! I don't believe anyone with an open mind can honestly read the entire book of Hebrews and come away with the belief that Christians are under the Law. That just isn't possible if you believe what the words say. And the same thing could be said about Galatians.