Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post

What you are teaching is a self-righteousness that even goes beyond what those who don't know God believe, that they are "good enough" to be saved and go to heaven. But you teach that man isn't just good enough but is able to follow the Law perfectly and stand before God perfecty holy in his own righteousness. Your twisted teaching implies that there is no need for faith and actually no need for Christ to have died. That is completely contrary to what Scripture teaches and it is truly another gospel that deserves all the condemnation that Galatians and the rest of Scrpture gives it.
    Self righteousness? Using Messiah as my example? How do you read this? 1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

You beat me to it lol, but well said Forty9er.

The hypocrisy of the Law (un)Keepers is what really gets me. They point their fingers at everyone else with three pointing back at them. They champion the belief that we're all supposed to obey the commandments but they themselves are unable to do so. They throw yokes around at everyone else while pretending they have no yoke. It's sheer hypocrisy.

The only righteousness we have is through Jesus Christ. Period.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

your anti-Scripture and anti-God teaching is so disgusting that I have to reply.
    Amazing we feel the same way about each others posts! Who-da' thunk?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    You beat me to it lol, but well said Forty9er.

The hypocrisy of the Law (un)Keepers is what really gets me. They point their fingers at everyone else with three pointing back at them. They champion the belief that we're all supposed to obey the commandments but they themselves are unable to do so. They throw yokes around at everyone else while pretending they have no yoke. It's sheer hypocrisy.

The only righteousness we have is through Jesus Christ. Period.
    Exactly. And their hypocrisy and behavior is mentioned several times in Scripture. For example:

Gal 4:29 But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now.
    And they almost never mention faith because it plays no role in their false gospel. Why would a person ever need faith if they are made righteous and acceptable to God by following the Law?

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    IF I sin,
    If? IF?!

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
    Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
    Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
    Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
    Mat 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
    Mat 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
    Mat 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
    Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
    Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
    Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
    Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
    Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
    Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
    Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
    Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
    Mat 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
    Mat 23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
    Mat 23:18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
    Mat 23:19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
    Mat 23:20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
    Mat 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
    Mat 23:22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
    Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
    Mat 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
    Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
    Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
    Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
    Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
    Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
    Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
    Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
    Who was He talking to?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    If? IF?!
    Yes, IF I sin, He remains my Advocate...does He not for you? Y'all sometimes remind me of the liberal media! LOL!

Yes, IF I sin, He remains my Advocate...does He not for you? Y'all sometimes remind me of the liberal media! LOL!
    You never answered my question, you mean WHEN you sin, correct?
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    You never answered my question, you mean WHEN you sin, correct?
    Omagersh! I was merely accessing the information John wrote, and used HIS terminology! Looky:

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One.

John...c'mon man, IF? LOL

Exactly. And their hypocrisy and behavior is mentioned several times in Scripture. For example:

And they almost never mention faith because it plays no role in their false gospel. Why would a person ever need faith if they are made righteous and acceptable to God by following the Law?
    Right. It's just fence-sitting but I fear they will fall off on the wrong side of the fence when they bow the knee. You can't have it both ways, either you accept Jesus Christ as your righteous Advocate or you do not.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. ~ Matthew 7:22-23

Very dangerous territory. I'm no fool, I know there's nothing I can offer God except for filthy rags. No, His gift of life and salvation is what I will present, nothing more, nothing less.
    ¤ Loose Change

Yeah well according to you then the only time you need an Advocate is when you sin, and since you don't, it's "if" then you don't need an advocate do you. No need for you to offer sacrifices, no need for you to indulge in the annual, Day of Atonement because you have nothing to atone for, do you. No need for a Temple, No need for animal sacrifices, no need for the law, since you might not sin.

Never mind that you were born in sin and have a sin nature, it doesn't apply to you, because it's only, IF you sin.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him