Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Omagersh! I was merely accessing the information John wrote, and used HIS terminology! Looky:

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One.

John...c'mon man, IF? LOL
    I get it, it's not something you want to admit freely. If you're going to adhere to the Law (un)Keeping belief, admitting you do not keep the Law is... well devastating to your argument and false teaching.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

This is a thread which I believe will do much good because it contrasts the righteousness of God with the self-righteousness of man so well. Saved by grace through the finished work of Jesus Christ or saved by our own works? It cannot be both ways.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Pharisaical hypocrites persecuting the body of Christ. Nothing new here. Jesus had a few choice words for the Pharisees of his day. "Blind leaders of the Blind". They all continue to fall into the ditch.

IF I sin
    Compare that to:

1Jn_1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Pharisaical hypocrites persecuting the body of Christ. Nothing new here. Jesus had a few choice words for the Pharisees of his day. "Blind leaders of the Blind". They all continue to fall into the ditch.
    Fellas, there are a lot of folks here who are holding out a hand to help you out of the ditch of legalism. The best way for them to do this is to remain on the sure foundation of Jesus Christ. Don't expect them to get into the ditch with you (by agreeing with you) to help you out, because they might get stuck too.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Colossians 2:10
    " And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

He's all I need, or ever will need.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    ditch of legalism
    What is this ditch of legalism you refer to? You are all quite aware I have stated many times I cannot earn my salvation, correct? Am I now supposed to continue in the same sins that caused Messiah to die? What sins would you all like me to continue to participate in? Or would true repentance indicate a desire to fully turn from those sins? So is this 'ditch of legalism' referring to a heartfelt desire to walk as Messiah walked? To be righteous as He is righteous?

At this point, I'd be curious to ask what y'all claim to have repented FROM?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    Fellas, there are a lot of folks here who are holding out a hand to help you out of the ditch of legalism. The best way for them to do this is to remain on the sure foundation of Jesus Christ. Don't expect them to get into the ditch with you (by agreeing with you) to help you out, because they might get stuck too.
    It's apparent to me anyway, that when a person or persons esteem the Old Testament/law of Moses higher than the New Testament/law of Christ, they have no true understanding of the law of grace and faith. No understanding of the freedom found in the saving works of Christ. They are blinded to it, so they form their own salvation by works.

I remember reading a sermon by Charles Spurgeon in which he gave the account of a preacher who was upon his death bed. Some preacher brethren visited him to have prayer and to encourage their brother.

He told them that all during his ministry the devil had tried to turn him from Christ by telling him he had not done enough to enter into the kingdom of God. He then told them that now, as he lay dying, the devil was trying to turn him from depending on Jesus by telling him that if anyone had done enough good works to go to heaven, it was him.

The devil wants us to trust anyone, anything or nothing at all, as long as we don't trust the Savior.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    What is this ditch of legalism you refer to? You are all quite aware I have stated many times I cannot earn my salvation, correct? Am I now supposed to continue in the same sins that caused Messiah to die? What sins would you all like me to continue to participate in? Or would true repentance indicate a desire to fully turn from those sins? So is this 'ditch of legalism' referring to a heartfelt desire to walk as Messiah walked? To be righteous as He is righteous?

At this point, I'd be curious to ask what y'all claim to have repented FROM?
    But you do continue to sin, that's the point. Righteousness comes from Jesus Christ alone, not you. You do not obey the commandments of God but then turn around and claim others should do what you can't, nobody can.

That is the definition of hypocrisy and pride, that is the ditch you are currently in.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8