Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping His Commandments

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    But you do continue to sin, that's the point. Righteousness comes from Jesus Christ alone, not you. You do not obey the commandments of God but then turn around and claim others should do what you can't, nobody can.

That is the definition of hypocrisy and pride, that is the ditch you are currently in.
    Exactly the point. Well said.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

But you do continue to sin, that's the point. Righteousness comes from Jesus Christ alone, not you. You do not obey the commandments of God but then turn around and claim others should do what you can't, nobody can.

That is the definition of hypocrisy and pride, that is the ditch you are currently in.
    Just rollin' with the Word, bro!

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One.
    1Jn 2:2 And He Himself is an atoning offering for our sins, and not for ours only but also for all the world.
    1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.1 Footnote: 1See 3:6.
    1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jn 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected1 in him. By this we know that we are in Him.2 Footnotes: 1Gen. 17:1, Ps. 119:1, Mt. 5:48. 2See 3:24.
    1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

1Jn 3:6 Everyone staying in Him does not sin. Everyone sinning has neither seen Him nor known Him.1 Footnote: 1See 2:4 & 3 John v. 11.
    1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.
    1Jn 3:8 The one doing sin is of the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of Elohim was manifested: to destroy the works of the devil.1 Footnote: 1See Titus 2:14.

Seems they took a pretty hard line against sinning, didn't they? Not so much these days, huh?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

If the Law of Moses could have been kept unto righteousness, then Christ died in vain providing a new and better way. It could not be kept unto righteousness, and can't be kept unto righteousness today by trying to keep that same law. Christ provides us with his righteousness once we are born again under his law of grace. Does that mean we do not sin? No, but through Christ, his blood covers all sin past, present, and future to those who by faith believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Just rollin' with the Word, bro!

1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write this to you, so that you do not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Intercessor with the Father, יהושע Messiah, a righteous One.
    1Jn 2:2 And He Himself is an atoning offering for our sins, and not for ours only but also for all the world.
    1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.1 Footnote: 1See 3:6.
    1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jn 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected1 in him. By this we know that we are in Him.2 Footnotes: 1Gen. 17:1, Ps. 119:1, Mt. 5:48. 2See 3:24.
    1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

1Jn 3:6 Everyone staying in Him does not sin. Everyone sinning has neither seen Him nor known Him.1 Footnote: 1See 2:4 & 3 John v. 11.
    1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no one lead you astray. The one doing righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.1 Footnote: 1See 2:29.
    1Jn 3:8 The one doing sin is of the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of Elohim was manifested: to destroy the works of the devil.1 Footnote: 1See Titus 2:14.

Seems they took a pretty hard line against sinning, didn't they? Not so much these days, huh?
    Well then, you've already admitted that you sin so why are you disobeying God? Why do you continue to break the commandments of God?

Perhaps
    what God is trying to show you is that pride remains in your heart and you haven't fully bowed your knee to Jesus Christ and placed your FULL FAITH in Him and Him alone.

Hmm?
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth
    Perhaps what God is trying to show you is that pride remains in your heart and you haven't fully bowed your knee to Jesus Christ and placed your FULL FAITH in Him and Him alone.
    Good Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    If the Law of Moses could have been kept unto righteousness, then Christ died in vain providing a new and better way. It could not be kept unto righteousness, and can't be kept unto righteousness today by trying to keep that same law. Christ provides us with his righteousness once we are born again under his law of grace. Does that mean we do not sin? No, but through Christ, his blood covers all sin past, present, and future to those who by faith believe.
    Exactly.

HE is the propitiation for our sins, not us. We can not exceed or match HIS righteousness. Ever.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    It's apparent to me anyway, that when a person or persons esteem the Old Testament/law of Moses higher than the New Testament/law of Christ, they have no true understanding of the law of grace and faith. No understanding of the freedom found in the saving works of Christ. They are blinded to it, so they form their own salvation by works.
    Yes, it's what is mentioned in second Corinthians:

2Cor 3:14 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
    2Cor 3:15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts.
    2Cor 3:16 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.
    2Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
    Now whether a person has never actually placed their complete faith in Christ and been saved or whether they had trusted Christ but then turned back to trusting the Law for their righteousness, I can't say. But in either case I believe their minds will be hardened when they want to entangle themselves again in a "yoke of bondage" (Gal 5:1).

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er
    Now whether a person has never actually placed their complete faith in Christ and been saved or whether they had trusted Christ but then turned back to trusting the Law for their righteousness, I can't say. But in either case I believe their minds will be hardened when they want to entangle themselves again in a "yoke of bondage" (Gal 5:1).
    I totally agree. They not only are entangled themselves, but can't seem to rest, until everyone else is under that same yoke.

Perhaps what God is trying to show you is that pride remains in your heart and you haven't fully bowed your knee to Jesus Christ and placed your FULL FAITH in Him and Him alone.
    Perhaps I should repent of patterning my walk after His? Would that make you all happy? Sorry! No can do! He gave His life for SIN, so by His Indwelling Presence I will walk with Him! You can call it pride, you can say I never fully bowed, you can call me faithless...matters not to me! He and He alone is my entire existence, not the antinomian revilings!

Isa 51:7 “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah: do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings.
    Isa 51:8 “For a moth eats them like a garment, and a worm eats them like wool; but My righteousness is forever, and My deliverance to all generations.”

Gosh...WHO gets eaten?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

It just goes right over the head doesn't it. It's just so sad watching the blindness.

You tell everyone we must not sin and obey God's commandments and in your next breath (keystrokes) admit that you don't keep them yourself. Do as I say, not as I do. And on top of that, even when you admit you can't keep His commandments, you gleefully say you're going to trust in what you can't do regardless! It's astounding! So much blindness, even a child can understand the hypocrisy of what you do, and don't do.

Your faith is in you, not the finishing work of Jesus Christ. So, you will be judged accordingly because you didn't trust in Jesus Christ, you figured you'd show God how it's done.

Jesus Christ is not a crutch for when you sin, you either accept His payment or it will be your failure to make that payment that will determine your final destination.

Which sadly, you seem to have already chosen.
    ¤ Loose Change