Thread: Why do US evangelicals support Trump's Jerusalem policy?

Default Why do US evangelicals support Trump's Jerusalem policy?

Why do US evangelicals support Trump's Jerusalem policy? - BBC

US Vice-President Mike Pence's trip to Israel has been postponed, amid Palestinian protests against the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital. But why does the move remain popular with evangelical Christians in the US?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42402350
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Why do US evangelicals support Trump's Jerusalem policy? - BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42402350
    I don't know what you (or anyone) would call me, but I don't mind telling you why I do.

It's the right thing to do. That is where the nation of Israel says it is, and we should acknowledge that.

Before 1990 the Capital of Germany was Bonn, well since WWII anyway. In 1990 Germany under reunification declared Berlin their Capital, and we recognized it.

That stands by itself, no more discussion needed.

However, on the .....spiritual side of things:

Biblically Jerusalem has always been their capital. And it is a sign of the last days, prophetically. Even if someone doesn't want to point to it specifically it's considered a step in fulfillment. There will be a last days Temple ( I know there is debate over a literal one), that Temple will have to be in Jerusalem, Jerusalem has to be in the hands of the Jews, and if is in the hands of the Jews it will be their capital.

So not only is it the right thing to do secularly, it's a step in the right direction prophetically, and that is exciting.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him