Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prayer request

Default prayer request

I was laid off from my job yesterday and ask you to pray for me and my family.I need a job as a cnc lathe machinist.I have experienced lay offs before, but at 55 I'm worried I won't be able to find anything as good as the job I lost. Also,I need prayer to learn whatever it is that God is teaching me and my family.

Thanks.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

I'll be praying for your job situation, and also, that God will give you the wisdom and understanding that you seek. He is faithful!

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Gunn View Post
    I was laid off from my job yesterday and ask you to pray for me and my family.I need a job as a cnc lathe machinist.I have experienced lay offs before, but at 55 I'm worried I won't be able to find anything as good as the job I lost. Also,I need prayer to learn whatever it is that God is teaching me and my family.

Thanks.
    Boy, I hate that. You have our prayers for sure.

Would you be willing to move? There are a lot of furniture industries around here (2nd in the country) and they use CNC's. And there are some fabricating machine shops around that also use them. Just to give an idea, production jobs earn about 20-25.00 an hour in furniture factories. So you can gauge if it would be worth the move. Cost of living is a lot lower as well. Gas runs near the bottom of the spectrum across the country.

If it strikes a cord with you, you can go online, and search for Mississippi Job Service, and once you get to their home page, they will have listings, and you can narrow your search to a specific job, location etc... or broaden it. Actually, here is the link to the WIN Job Service: http://wininmississippi.org/

Hope that helps.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

thank you CarryC. I don't want to move,but I'm not totally against the idea either.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

Doggone.

Prayer for you Brother that Father will provide for you and your family.

I'm with Cary 'n Sherree, life is good here in the south.

O.W.

Adding my prayers to the others.
    One day or Day one?

Praying for you.

If the current crop of recently graduating machinists (my youngest son is a machinist-programmer) is the same around the country, I'd say you shouldn't have any real problem finding a new job.

There are a ton of "button pushers" out there, but among the 30 and under group, damned few who can problem solve, program accurately, and (becoming more and more necessary these days, because engineers who can design parts thst have all the needed attributes and that can also BE MADE on any current machine are also getting thin on the ground, with the newer graduates mostly having NO "hands on" experience) design usable working parts.

Youngest son quit his job to stay home with their baby daughter while his wife went back to work.. she earns about double what he was being paid. (He was getting screwed, because all the machine shops in the cities along a large swath of the state collude yo keep wages ridiculously low)

His boss (owner of the small shop which has half a dozen employees) CRIED at DS's exit interview, and offered to pay for an in home nanny if he wouldn't quit!

He agreed to work a few hours a week as a consultant, and got a 40% raise to do so! But in just the 6 weeks since he quit, they've gotten backlogged almost 4 weeks on orders; apparently he was the only one who actually kept track of inventory of both parts and materials, has well as "promised by" dates for orders. Several times has gone in at night to run off an order that was already overdue, only to find that they were lacking either the material necessary, or the right tools for the job.

If an older man who was talented and experienced walked into that shop and applied, he'd probably be hired and able to start that day.

Good luck!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Gunn View Post

Thanks.

Prayers sent brother.
    I realize there are ways to circumvent the laws, but they may hold their feet to fire a bit in reference to your age.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Adding my prayers for your needs.

Blessings,
    PS
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

Prayers for the Lord God to open a door of opportunity.

You have some marketable skills for sure.

Myself personally, I will need an open door soon, as my current career will be coming to an end, if certain circumstances don't take place. Miracles are great!
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."