Thread: Fiat Chrysler CEO: Moving Ram Production To Mexico Was A Mistake

Default Fiat Chrysler CEO: Moving Ram Production To Mexico Was A Mistake

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...exico-mistake/

Fiat Chrysler CEO: Moving Ram Production to Mexico Was a Mistake

Moving production of the Ram pickup truck to Mexico was a mistake, Fiat Chrysler’s chief executive officer, Sergio Marchionne, said Tuesday.

In answer to a question from CNBC, Marchionne said:
    The heavy-duty truck, at least in Chrysler’s case, was moved to Mexico in 2008. Ninety percent plus of what gets produced out of Mexico gets sold in the United States. I think this notion of making a car which has got nearly 100 percent utilization in the United States is a bit bizarre. I think it should have never been moved.

Last week, Fiat Chrysler announced that it was moving production of the Ram to Michigan, which it says will create thousands of jobs.

“Repatriation of the heavy-duty Ram was owed. We had to correct the mistake of 2008,” Marchionne said.

The Trump administration’s pro-business stance and the recently enacted tax cuts played an important role in the car company’s decision, stated Marchionne.

“We are working in an environment which is a lot more beneficial, that’s much more pro-business than it’s been in a long time. Tax reform is going to compensate some of the cost differential in building the car here, as opposed to building it in Mexico,” Marchionne said.

Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

Moving all production was indeed a mistake, but they have been building them in Mexico for a heck of a lot longer than that, my 97 is a Mexican built truck. So was my first 97.

It would be nice if they could/would buy the old Norfolk, VA. Ford truck plant and start building them there. Would be a strategic strongpoint point for any manufacturer that could possibly secure the property.

Build a light truck that averages 27MPG and the world will beat a path to your door.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Build a light truck that averages 27MPG and the world will beat a path to your door.
    Both the 1/2 ton Ecodiesel from Ram and the 2019 Diesel just introduced for the 1/2 ton Silverado average over that. No word yet on the 3.2L Diesel options mileage for the F150, but I suspect it will be pretty high, as the new base 3.3L gasser gets 25 MPG highway.