Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jesus' command concerning God's Law

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post

Leviticus 19:33-34

And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

It's important not to interpret the Bible based upon modern globalist multi-racial, multi-religious, multi-cultural societies.

In the OT, different Israelite tribes had their own specific inherited territories in the holy land.

The "stranger" in the verse. is a "stranger" from another Israel tribe who is in the territory of a different Israelite tribe. Such a "stranger" would be a fellow Israelite but from a different tribe and territory.

An analogy would be... a White Christian from White Christian Germany visiting White Christian France.

Question,

If still under the law, which of the following are mandated for us in the here and now?

Deuteronomy 22:8
    When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

Leviticus 19:19
    Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Leviticus 19:30
    Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 19:33-34
    And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
    Thanks, PsalmSinger. First, one is only "under the law" when he/she violates one of the commands. To answer your question, however, all of the ones you mentioned are relevant and should be obeyed. Do you find any of those you mentioned irrelevant, or too burdensome?

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    The "stranger" in the verse. is a "stranger" from another Israel tribe who is in the territory of a different Israelite tribe. Such a "stranger" would be a fellow Israelite but from a different tribe and territory.

An analogy would be... a White Christian from White Christian Germany visiting White Christian France.
    May I respectfully disagree with you, here, KingsX? As "Israel" was a stranger in Egypt, they were not Egyptian. So, too, the strangers God is talking about were not Israelites. Since "Israel" had known what it was like to be treated in an unjust manner while sojourning in Egypt, they were not to act like the Egyptians did to them, when a foreigner, or an alien, or a stranger was living in their territory.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Just to try to bring this back to the point I thought was obvious, do you, who think the Law has ended, not agree that one of the things Jesus commanded was NOT to think that the Law had been annulled?

I will just repost this question. Maybe it was missed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Thanks, PsalmSinger. First, one is only "under the law" when he/she violates one of the commands. To answer your question, however, all of the ones you mentioned are relevant and should be obeyed. Do you find any of those you mentioned irrelevant, or too burdensome?
    Perhaps "under the law" was the wrong terminology. Maybe I should have used "obedience of the law" instead.

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

I have raised donkeys with my cattle in my pastures and also sowed oats and rye grass seed in a pasture together. Did I (unknowingly) break the law and/or commandments? If so, what must I do to atone for it, besides ceasing and desisting.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

If so, what must I do to atone for it, besides ceasing and desisting.
    Burnt offering?
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

PsalmSinger, I think "gender" in the command means to produce offspring, so in my view, it is OK to pasture them in the same field. As for mixing oats and rye, I'm not sure that would be a violation as in the natural they may grow together. Both being grasses, presumably raised for 'fodder' for animals? But, just ask God. His Spirit will instruct. Thanks

Well, well, well me, and Forty9er were having an open conversation, and look who interjects,..... KingsX.

What happened to:

You continue to witness against yourself...
    and you've posted enough for me to know
    that
    it's futile to interact with you further.
    And as I have said in the past you really need to read your posts, and these threads a bit better, because this thread is a lot like the other one.

So... you continue your personal attacks against me on this topic too....
    mistranslating my comments into your own words to suit yourself
    Now there you go again, bearing false witness, all I did was quote passages of the Bible that is God's Law, might I remind you:

Originally Posted by KingsX
    Yes, CaryC started it with his post at link below...
    and you keep complaining how God's Law against mixing diverse seeds is a personal insult to your mixed breeding.

CaryC first brought up the subject on this topic in an attack post against me.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...71#post2731771

Really you need to read your writing.

First of all, that wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards dmatic, who was replying to a post you made all on your own, without my comments, or hooks in your jaws.

Second it was to make dmatic aware that he was thinking you had made some good points, but I didn't think he knew what you believed, even though you had stated it a little earlier can I quote your post in No. 300 on the previous page:

The mixing of diverse seeds is a sin. In humans this is known as race-mixing or miscegenation.

Southern states had anti-miscegenation laws until the USSC declared all of them unconstitutional in 1967.

Texas had anti-miscegenation laws beginning with the Republic of Texas .

Where as my post is 317. You brought yourself, thus witnessing against yourself, and bearing false witness (what did you day about keeping the law) against me. Breaking No. 9 of the 10 Commandments.

Deu 19:16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
    Deu 19:17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the LORD, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
    Deu 19:18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
    Deu 19:19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
    Deu 19:20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
    Deu 19:21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

After a diligent inquiry it shall be proven that your reply occurred in post no. 300 and my reply to dmatic was no. 317. You DO understand that being a student of the law, there is NO sacrifice, or remedy found anywhere in the WHOLE BIBLE for incurring the penalty of that law. NONE.

If you want to say that Jesus is your sacrifice, then all that does is give you free license to sin again. And you can claim the benefit, again, and again.

Secondly, was I wrong in my assertion to dmatic? Apparently, not from your post, out of your own mouth, I didn't. All I was doing in MY POST TO DMATIC was informing him he was agreeing with white supremacy, and that your terms of keeping the law, and his terms of keeping the law were in fact quite different.

And according to the univeralist dmatic you will be standing side by side with Hitler, Stalin, and every other mass murderer, not to mention every black person that has ever been born. Red person, yellow person, every person ever born to a mixed marriage. Including Sherree. Better be nice.

Remember this:

Posters here are still busy witnessing against themselves.
    Ironic, considering the subject of this topic is God's Law.

And yet you bore false witness, in public, if front of everyone. Have a nice day law breaker.
    That all I did was quote God's Law and showed where you had broken it. As you have done again, by bearing false witness against me, in saying I "translated" it. You tell me what version of the Bible you are using for Deut. 19, and I will put it up for all to read, I have nothing to hide.

You are calling what I am doing "persecution" which is defined by Webster's as:

PERSECU'TION, n. The act or practice of persecuting; the infliction of pain, punishment or death upon others unjustly, particularly for adhering to a religious creed or mode of worship, either by way of penalty or for compelling them to renounce their principles. Historians enumerate ten persecutions suffered by the Christians, beginning with that of Nero, A.D. 31, and ending with that of Diocletian, A.D. 303 to 313.
    IIIIIIIII don't think anyone here would say I am doing that.

I would call your attention to, your continual statements of adhering to laws that God gave the nation of Israel. As in:

Interesting how those who attack God's Laws also attack me for advocating God's Laws.
    And at the same time, you make it plain to see that YOU don't keep God's Law. I've already shown where you broke No. 9, and given a little time I could show because of breaking that one, you first broke at least 2 others. Coveting, as noted by Paul is always a second one, and the first one, in that You didn't hold God as God and followed His instructions but rather followed your own desires.

And because of that: advocating something that you don't follow, you should consider spending some time in Matthew.

Mat 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
    Mat 5:2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

So before you judge us, for not keeping the law, remember the log in your own eye, because you don't keep it either. "Thou hypocrite." Because all I'm doing is measuring you, by your own standard. I have not asked you to live up to MY standard, only yours.

Just as a reminder Forty9er, and I have been saying it from the beginning, YOU can't keep the law.

It should also be noted.....

Lev_17:8 And thou shalt say unto them, Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers which sojourn among you, that offereth a burnt offering or sacrifice,
    Lev_17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
    .....that the House of Israel is the 12 tribes, Israel had 12 sons, those 12 sons became 12 tribes, and a "sojourner" is not of them.

O, and one last reminder, be sure and check your tags on your clothes BEFORE you put them on, to make sure they aren't blended (mixed seed) material. Or you'll be a law breaker.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Perhaps "under the law" was the wrong terminology. Maybe I should have used "obedience of the law" instead.

I have raised donkeys with my cattle in my pastures and also sowed oats and rye grass seed in a pasture together. Did I (unknowingly) break the law and/or commandments? If so, what must I do to atone for it, besides ceasing and desisting.
    IMHO that is the problem right there. 1) most people don't know what the whole law is, especially the non-Jew. 2) if you did it as a child, or pre-knowledge of it, you still broke it, and there is no remedy for it, even Davy's comment doesn't work, because there is no burnt offering described to cover it. You are guilty, and not knowing what the law is, doesn't relieve you of the responsibility. Even in our own courts, the lack of knowledge of the law, does not make you innocent. I didn't know you couldn't murder, is no defense. Even in our courts, human courts, a young age is no defense for murdering someone 3) even if the argument could be made that the day of atonement covered those breaks, the day of atonement only rolled back judgment being pronounced on you for another year, you were still guilty, you just haven't received your punishment yet.

2 cents
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

It should be noted:

Exo_22:29 Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.
    Exo_23:18 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
    Exo_29:36 And thou shalt offer every day a bullock for a sin offering for atonement: and thou shalt cleanse the altar, when thou hast made an atonement for it, and thou shalt anoint it, to sanctify it.
    Exo_29:38 Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.
    Exo_29:39 The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even:
    Exo_29:41 And the other lamb thou shalt offer at even, and shalt do thereto according to the meat offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
    Exo_34:25 Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
    Lev_2:13 And every oblation of thy meat offering shalt thou season with salt; neither shalt thou suffer the salt of the covenant of thy God to be lacking from thy meat offering: with all thine offerings thou shalt offer salt.
    Lev_2:14 And if thou offer a meat offering of thy firstfruits unto the LORD, thou shalt offer for the meat offering of thy firstfruits green ears of corn dried by the fire, even corn beaten out of full ears.
    Lev_6:21 In a pan it shall be made with oil; and when it is baken, thou shalt bring it in: and the baken pieces of the meat offering shalt thou offer for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
    Num_8:12 And the Levites shall lay their hands upon the heads of the bullocks: and thou shalt offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, unto the LORD, to make an atonement for the Levites.
    Num_8:13 And thou shalt set the Levites before Aaron, and before his sons, and offer them for an offering unto the LORD.
    Num_8:15 And after that shall the Levites go in to do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation: and thou shalt cleanse them, and offer them for an offering.
    Num_15:7 And for a drink offering thou shalt offer the third part of an hin of wine, for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
    Num_28:3 And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the LORD; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering.
    Num_28:4 The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even;
    Num_28:8 And the other lamb shalt thou offer at even: as the meat offering of the morning, and as the drink offering thereof, thou shalt offer it, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.
    Num_28:21 A several tenth deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
    Deu_12:14 But in the place which the LORD shall choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.
    Deu_12:27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, upon the altar of the LORD thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be poured out upon the altar of the LORD thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.
    Deu_27:6 Thou shalt build the altar of the LORD thy God of whole stones: and thou shalt offer burnt offerings thereon unto the LORD thy God:
    Deu_27:7 And thou shalt offer peace offerings, and shalt eat there, and rejoice before the LORD thy God.
    Compare to:

Heb 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
    Heb 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
    Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
    Heb 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
    Heb 9:5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
    Heb 9:6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
    Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
    Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
    Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
    Heb 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
    Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
    Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
    Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
    Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
    Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
    Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
    Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.
    Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,
    Heb 9:20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
    Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
    Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
    Heb 9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
    Heb 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
    Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
    Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
    Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
    Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him