Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive waves pummel Oregon coast; man swept to sea in Depoe Bay presumed dead

Exclamation Massive waves pummel Oregon coast; man swept to sea in Depoe Bay presumed dead

Monstrous waves, some twice the size of a two-story home, are battering the coast of the Pacific Northwest. The display of oceanic power, fueled by a storm system off the coast, has made for some fantastic storm watching, but has created dangerous conditions for beach-goers and some oceanside businesses.
    The U.S. Coast Guard announced that it is no longer searching for a man in his mid-40s who was swept away by a wave in Depoe Bay after what the agency reported as "negative results." The man had reportedly ventured over a sea wall to look at the ocean during the storm earlier in the day. He is presumed dead, Oregon State Police said.
    The man was a Newport resident, originally from Mexico.The search has effectively been terminated, OSP announced, because of Friday's forecast of low ocean temperatures and surf conditions. The Mexican Consulate is notifying next of kin.

Kyllo's Seafood and Grill suffered damage during Thursday's storm in Lincoln City.

Photo by North Lincoln Fire & Rescue

North Lincoln Fire & Rescue reported damage to Kyllo's Seafood and Grill and the Sea Gypsy and Sand Castle motels in Lincoln City, posting photos of damage to the establishments along with news that one person had been hospitalized after being hit by a wave.

Katherine Cook
    @KCookKGW

In Lincoln City, a 60-foot wave crashed into beachfront condos, pushing one woman across the room! Damage is extensive.
    10:19 PM - Jan 18, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Several media on site reported on the damage to the Sea Gypsy building. KGW spoke with a woman who was swept across the room as a wave crashed into her condo.

View image on Twitter

NWS Portland
    @NWSPortland

Very large seas are impacting the Oregon and Washington coastal waters. Seas of this magnitude only occur every couple of years, on average. High surf conditions will create extreme danger on beaches and coastal jetties through the rest of the day. #orwx #wawx
    1:08 PM - Jan 18, 2018

At least one woman was injured Thursday morning when she was knocked over by a wave on the beach at Road’s End in Lincoln City, KGW reported. She was taken to a hospital with non life-threatening injuries and the beach was closed after the incident. A man in Brookings was nearly swept off the beach after a sneaker wave caught him and his dog by surprise, according to KDRV TV. He and the pooch escaped unharmed.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...sive_wave.html

Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Lightbulb 6.5 earthquake strikes in the Gulf of California, Mexico

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --
    A large earthquake struck in the Gulf of California, about 41 miles northeast of Loreto, Mexico.

According to the U.S. Tsunami Warning System, the earthquake is not expected to generate a tsunami.

At this time, there are no reports of damage.http://abc30.com/65-earthquake-strikes-in-the-gulf-of-california-mexico/2967885/

Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
    Seas of this magnitude only occur every couple of years, on average. Nothing apocalyptic happening here..
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo
    Seas of this magnitude only occur every couple of years, on average. Nothing apocalyptic happening here..
    That may be the case, but each time I read of these type of waves, and massive earthquakes, it reminds me of the Scriptures that danielboon posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    That may be the case, but each time I read of these type of waves, and massive earthquakes, it reminds me of the Scriptures that danielboon posted.
    There is the literal interpretation of this verse, which I believe. However, the sea in scriptures also represents the sea of humanity. In the last days humanity will be raging like a storm tossed sea.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    There is the literal interpretation of this verse, which I believe. However, the sea in scriptures also represents the sea of humanity. In the last days humanity will be raging like a storm tossed sea.
    Exactly Pastor! I believe that as well, especially in the book of Revelation. I can't remember which, the AC or FP, who rises from the "sea". Brain fog, at the moment, LOL.

My folks live in So. WA near Cape Disappointment. They're only about 30 ft. above sea level. Actually, most of the peninsula's lower than that.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

It's a pretty good storm out there. For the last couple days, all I can hear is white noise when I go outside. Took the dogs to the beach for their walk last night and there was no beach to walk on.