Thread: CaryC Has The Flu....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CaryC Has The Flu....

Would you all please pray? He's been down for two days, and is showing no signs of it letting up. Vomiting, body aches, chills, and temp is running around 102+. He's too sick to get out of bed to go to the doctor. I'm watching for signs of dehydration. So far, so good, but he can't hold anything on his stomach which is not good. Thanks.

YHUH RAPHA! Sorry to hear this...people I know who caught this strain say it is no joke. May he recover speedily!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Praying for Cary and that you won't be infected.

I'm sorry, Sherree! Praying for you guys.

Try sips of gatorade, gingerale (is there any brand of "real" gingerale sold near where you live? Actual ginger is a potent anti-nausea herb, and they actually used it for astronauts going to space, rather than drugs which could have caused drowsiness and mental confusion), or something like salty chicken broth. Some people do better with one than another... I can't stand carbonated drinks when I'm nauseous, but chicken bouillion will often stay down when nothing else will.

This doesn't sound like the influenza that's going around, at least. Small comfort when he feels so miserable, but it's at least unlikely to move into a cytokine storm problem. Still, along with the dehydration, watch for any sign of shortness of breath, bluish lips or mental confusion... and don't hesitate to call an ambulance if he does show any of those signs.

But otherwise he's probably better off staying out of the doctor's office, where he'd be exposed to this year's really nasty influenza.

If he's still sick tomorrow, try seeing if his doctor would call in some sort of antinausea med... probably have to be in suppository form.

Summerthyme

Thanks so much everyone. I didn't think this flu strain was the really nasty one that can cause a cytokine storm. That's the only good news here. I have been giving elderberry syrup, Tylenol, and he's been sipping green tea, but nothing will stay down. I'm gonna try chicken broth today along with gatorade. He's too weak to get out of bed except to go to the bathroom, and I have to help then to make sure he doesn't stumble and fall.

I got up with a sick headache this morning. No fever so far, though.

Sorry to hear that Sherree! Tell him, his buddy from the Tree is praying for the both of you as well!

Get better, CaryC!

And you stay better, Sherree
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner