Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can one little dog poop so much?

Borders are high energy 'working' dogs. They need a job, and plenty of room.

I honestly can't imagine keeping one in a 'crate', but then I can't imagine doing that with any animal.

Yes, I have one.
    This is my third and I agree.

She will never see the inside of a crate once she reliably goes (only) outside.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Perhaps the crate is producing anxiety leading to her issue. Just a thought. All animals are different, but our border was very quick on the potty training. She made one mistake, a test I think as she did it right in front of us, and never again.

On the other hand our golden retriever was very difficult to convince. And he's a very intelligent and obedient dog.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Been crating her just at night the last couple days and it was encouraging.
    Until today.

Switching her feed to grain free and think that helps.

Have tried several spray repellents/enzyme cleaners.
    They don't work
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

This is one tough little nut to crack.
    I walk her almost every hour.
    Except for that she's crated.

On the rare occasion she poops outside, I've tried to give her a little freedom.

Guaranteed, she will poop inside within 5 minutes of coming in after pooping outside.
    If I think that is the end of it, she'll still go several more times on the floor in a short while.

I don't want her to be in the crate all the time but she's going to have to learn to go outside or explode in the crate.

Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner