Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NO!

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    An M1 then. Sorry guys get those two mixed up all the time.

What is that chambered for? 7.62 NATO (.30?

Right out of the box that's an automatic, just like an AR 15. Is it a full auto?

My point is this: If they ban the AR 15 on how it looks (Assault Rifle) which is actually a coolness factor, then those that want to do a mass casualty event can just pick another gun, no problem, with the same result.

And just think we haven't even starting talking about pistols. A Ruger SR9 holds 18, with one in the pipe. It comes with a second mag. 2 mags, 35 rounds. How many people were killed and injured in Florida?

Guns aren't the problem, people are. I think all this is related to the breakdown of the family, and society. Just after this happened in Florida, I read a head line that stated something like Trump supporters, and NRA supporters ought to be killed. Think about that for a minute: We just had a mass causality event which everyone was screaming about, and those in the article wanted another one????????? Because people believed different than them. Kind of sounds like ISIS. It's a wonder we don't have more mass causality events. Second question, how were they planning on killing everyone, with a toothpick?
    It's chambered for the .30 carbine round. A smaller, less powerful round than the 7.62 NATO ( .308 ).

The M-1 carbine is semi-auto, the M-2 version of the carbine has a selector for full auto.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    It's chambered for the .30 carbine round. A smaller, less powerful round than the 7.62 NATO ( .308 ).

The M-1 carbine is semi-auto, the M-2 version of the carbine has a selector for full auto.
    Thanks PG. So it does the same thing as an AR but with a bigger hole.

Pumps aren't as popular as auto's in the rifle makeup, but a person who knows what they are doing can work a pump with more accuracy, almost as fast as an auto. Maybe not be able to get pumps in rifles any more, but you use to could.

I do pretty good with mine, albeit in the shotgun style. If lone gunman, could get over the coolness factor of the AR 15, and use a pump 12 ga. with an 18" barrel, and extended mag. loaded with double 00 buckshot. There would of been more than 17 killed in Florida. 'Course if he sawed it off under 18" he would get a wider spread, but then it would be illegal.

Not saying anyone should do that, but saying maybe we should be thankful he used an AR 15. 2, 30 rd. mags for the AR = 60 rounds + one reload. An 8 round extended mag. for a 12 ga. loaded in double 00 9 pellets per = 72 pellets/rounds going downrange with no reloading.

It would really be bad, if they banned AR 15's and it worked, and the lone gunman switched to shotguns.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

.... and the lone gunman switched to shotguns.
    .... then there's the flame thrower.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    .... then there's the flame thrower.

O.W.
    Yea, and I saw McGyver make one of those from duck tape and a Swiss Army knife, and a 20 lb propane bottle.

Wait does that mean McGyver should be banned?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

.... Wait does that mean McGyver should be banned?
    We're a kinder, gentler ... more delicate society now Cary.

This'll be a difficult call but more than likely ... "wee" apparently need more "Barny 'N friends" ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    Common sense doesn't play well in the pro or anti gun crowd.
    From what I have seen the last three Presidential elections the pro gun crowd s more whacked out in many instances than the anti gun crowd.
    Look how hard it was to buy certain types of ammo for years.
    Yeah, that is pretty much my take. Hard core ideologues on each side and a lot of people dying in the middle. I get it, of course; it isn't unreasonable to fear that any momentum on gun control will allow things to quickly go too far, but I think there are a whole lot of things that we could do to substantially improve the situation without taking away the ability to own guns. It is true that criminals will always be lawbreakers, but we could make it much more difficult for mentally unstable 19 year olds to get their hands on guns. We could accomplish a lot just by making it more difficult for men under 25 to own guns and in restricting their options. Unfortunately, those options will be less popular than school shootings, but I have a feeling that even pro gun folks are starting to get a belly full. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty much my take. Hard core ideologues on each side and a lot of people dying in the middle. I get it, of course; it isn't unreasonable to fear that any momentum on gun control will allow things to quickly go too far, but I think there are a whole lot of things that we could do to substantially improve the situation without taking away the ability to own guns. It is true that criminals will always be lawbreakers, but we could make it much more difficult for mentally unstable 19 year olds to get their hands on guns. We could accomplish a lot just by making it more difficult for men under 25 to own guns and in restricting their options. Unfortunately, those options will be less popular than school shootings, but I have a feeling that even pro gun folks are starting to get a belly full. We'll see...
    Bull.
    There is no age limit on maturity or sanity.
    Oh, and it's true that some of 'Us',,,"pro gun folks" ,,,,are starting to get a belly full of this stupidity. We have let the lefty sensitive snowflake crowd get away with to much stupidity for way to long.
    Pretending that we are different from other animals on this planet is the epitome of ignorance. We need to acknowledge that life is dangerous. We need to protect our children, and ourselves from those that would harm us. It's that simple.
    It has always,,, been that simple.
    Making another law and putting a sign up isn't going to get the desired results any more than it has in the past.
    Government is for those that would be governed.

Rattus Anus Non Donum  I'm just tired I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    Youbet.~! And for goodness sakes make it harder to get high capacity magazines, especially for those under a certain age. We MUST do Something~! After all you can only have what is it 3 Shells in a shotgun to go duck hunting. And has been that for many many years. Seems like those hunters have gotten along just FINE.

Heheheh, almost always good for a chuckle ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe America View Post
    Bull.
    There is no age limit on maturity or sanity.
    Did you really just say that there is no age limit on maturity? Certainly, there can be outliers at any age, but we can draw pretty strong correlations between age and maturity. One thing that we know is that people under the age of 25, particularly men, are more prone to violence. That is also the age range when psychotic disorders tend to first arise. The most current information indicates that our brains are not fully developed until the mid-20s. These things all go together. While gun violence spans all ages, these mass shootings and school shootings in particular are usually done by men under the age of 25. They also usually have obtained their guns legally, tend to use semiautomatic rifles, and have more than one gun. There are a lot of common factors there that we could work on. Sure, it won't do much to stop inner city handgun violence, which is where most of the body count is, but we could probably greatly reduce these kinds of horrible mass events. Unfortunately, now that the idea of mass killing is widespread in our culture, it spreads like a virus. But that virus mostly targets a certain kind of person and we could do something to inoculate ourselves against it.