Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Language: David Hogg

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Default Picture of blonde student behind CNN desk

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Default Glasses don't look real

Crisis Actor David Hogg

February 20, 2018

SOME MAY CALL last week’s fake massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida just atrocity propaganda aimed at dispossessing Americans of their guns. But I call it community theater and a needed platform for drama talent.
    The 17-year-old student David Hogg has been all over the news since the bloodless massacre. Hogg is a handsome senior and as head of the school’s news television station is apparently no stranger to premeditated manipulation. (His father is a retired FBI agent. His mother, Rebecca Boldrick, reportedly has high level connections at CNN.) In his debut on the national stage, Hogg mostly executed highly polished performances on news programs, reciting the prepared script cleanly, including political talking points on gun control. Here he is at his best, calm and collected after carnage unimaginable to most of us, his hair perfectly coiffed:

Sheltered teens who had seen real, gruesome murder would probably, if they were honest about their fears, plead with lawmakers to put armed parents at their classroom doors, and give a few guns to the teachers and students as well, rather than call for disarmament, but that common sense does not stop Hogg from a strong defense of the gun control agenda. After watching several of his interviews, I thought, “Wow, this is talent. This could be a future Anderson Cooper.” I liked the way he referred to supposedly murdered classmates as “unfortunate individuals.” That showed the sort of soulless compassion news actors have at their best.
    Unfortunately, I cannot give Hogg four stars. Here he flubs his lines, and has to be coached by his handler.

One flub, okay. A whole series of flubs — no. The definite possibility exists, Internet censorship being what it is, that this Youtube video of Hogg being coached will disappear, restoring his portfolio. [Update: Youtube has been removing all copies of this video, including the first one I posted. This is proof of video company’s complicity in this hoax.] But we have seen it, and we are reviewing his performance. Does Hogg truly have what it takes? Does he have the crippled conscience of talented television journalists who whiz through prepared lies and omissions without faltering? Could he, for instance, openly, without batting an eye or tripping on his words, defy common sense and say that two fortress-like skyscrapers had collapsed in the manner of a controlled demolition because of burning jet fuel? To be honest, I don’t think so. I think he is a nice boy caught up in something he cannot even begin to understand.
    It’s back to the high school news channel for you, Mr. Hogg. You’re not ready for a career at CNN.
    Correction: David Hogg had his national debut last August.
    Additional comment:
    A special place in hell awaits adults who use impressionable and ambitious young people to spread lies.

— Comments —
    Terry Morris writes:
    I agree with David Hogg. No, really!
    He is right to call the politicians out for lying to the American people. He is also right to call adults out for not doing something to stop this insanity. He is right to insist that something must be done before more innocent children die.
    I agree with all of the above. That is why I’m calling on adults all over the United States to remove their children from the killing fields that are America’s public schools immediately. I’m also calling for the Congress to begin procedures for disbanding and dissolving the American public education system entirely and without further delay.
    I believe in education, but for God’s sake, how can we continue to keep institutions in place that are in direct opposition to saving kids’ lives?
    Mr. Morris adds:
    I should probably also add that my view on public education is as it’s been for 30 years or more, and have stated dozens, if not scores or even hundreds of times. And that is, first and foremost, to get the federal government out of it, and turn control back over to the state and local authorities. If that were to happen (I don’t see it happening anytime in the near future, but anyway), I believe the public schools would *eventually* (not immediately) right themselves by re-instituting common sense policies and disciplinary procedures.
    Someone asked why this never happens in private schools. One very obvious reason lots of stuff that happens in publics doesn’t in privates is because they’re independent and therefore discriminate. They preemptively cull the riff-raff, in other words. Most private schools in the U.S. are, let’s face it, run by Protestants of various denominations. Personally I don’t see a whole heck of a lot of difference between the average public school and the average private school in their philosophy or methodology. The only major difference I see between the two is, as I said, one discriminates and the other doesn’t because it can’t.
    As far as why we homeschool, I will just put it the way I have always explained it to my kids – ‘we do in hopes that by our consciously not filling your heads with nonsense, you’ll be better equipped to think than we are, and will take it to its next level with your children.’
    I freely admit I’m pretty dumb when you boil it all down.
    Mojo writes:
    I can’t believe you would write something like this. You are insensitive and ignorant. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Laura writes:
    I can’t believe you would read something like this.
    Laura adds:
    A reader sends this video by American Everyman about Kevin Hogg, David’s father. Kevin Hogg is allegedly connected to the CIA and a company that, among other things, trains in “unconventional warfare,” including “psychological warfare” and “terrorism.” “It is the height of hypocrisy for this kid to be leading the charge at this time. His bread and butter comes from the defense industry — and it’s not defense. There are a lot of kids killed every year — in other countries.”
    Aservant writes:
    I found this comment under the video from AmericanEveryman that you linked to. I thought you would find it pretty interesting if you haven’t seen it already.
    Cubic corporation president Brad Feldman met w Ukraine Ambassador to USA Chaly in 2017 to establish “combat centers” in Ukraine …of course they are spec op trainers. Chaly has been critical of Trump! Chaly likes Clinton!
    This is the same type of psychological warfare they did at Parkland! Fear!
    Can you draw a line from Ukraine to Clinton to Victoria Nuland (Zionist neocon) to Chaly to Cubic (Feldman) to…

shooting survivor explains how his generation can force a change on guns“The only source of any grieving that I can do at this point is just keep fighting.”

By Jen Kirby jen.kirby@vox.com Feb 20, 2018, 8:30am EST
    Share Tweet

ShareFlorida shooting survivor explains how his generation can force a change on guns

tweet share

Reddit

Pocket

Flipboard
    Email

Stoneman Douglas students Kelsey Friend and David Hogg. Mark Wilson/Getty Images David Hogg, a 17-year-old senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, huddled with classmates as gunman Nikolas Cruz tore through his high school Wednesday on a rampage that left 17 dead.
    Hogg, a student journalist, took out his cellphone and began recording his classmates — a gun control plea in sickening real time.
    The evening after the shooting, Hogg says, he biked up to the school, where the media was still camped out. This time, he put himself in front of the camera, making his first — but not final — plea for an end to mass shootings. He made another on CNN on Thursday morning, calling on lawmakers to “get something done.”
    Hogg’s classmates were doing the same. Teenage survivors such as Hogg, Emma Gonzalez, Cameron Kasky, and more became the frustrated and furious faces of America’s failure to curtail gun violence.
    Their anger, and their activism, is interrupting the typical mass shooting narrative. They are refusing to let the news cycle or thecountry move on, to forget about their 17 murdered classmates. They’re planning a march next month in Washington, DC; they’re bussing down to Tallahassee to rally this week; they’ll also speak at a town hall with politicians, including Florida’s two senators.
    They aren’t stopping there. Hogg says he doesn’t want to return to school until gun control legislation is passed. “I hope every one of these bills is named after the people that died and the people that survived,” he told Vox. “That’s how we need to remember these people.”
    He suggested that someday, when the next generation of teenagers read their AP US history textbooks and memorize those bills, they’ll remember: “These are the people who died, and shouldn’t have.”

This interview has been edited for length and clarity.

Jen Kirby
    The activism of you and your fellow students has created the sense that, in the wake of this mass shooting, there’s a chance things might be different. Why do you think that is?
    David Hogg
    Because of timing. At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed.
    I start shooting B-roll, and I see Fox News over there. I knew I wanted to talk on the news and make sure there was advocacy, especially with so many people from the [National Rifle Association] and different gun-toting Americans who watch Fox News. I went on the day of [the shooting], and said, “There cannot be another mass shooting,” and I think that’s partially why. But also other people started saying that at the same time.
    I’m looking at the school right now. You can see bullet holes in the windows. It’s insane, and the fact that there’s more bullet holes in those windows than bills that have been proposed and passed to save these kids’ lives is disgusting.
    Jen Kirby
    Seeing something like that, it frames your advocacy very clearly. I’m curious if you and your classmates were always passionate about this issue before last week.
    David Hogg
    Oh, absolutely. We’ve always been passionate about this. We’ve always been politically — we haven’t gotten out and campaigned or anything — but we’ve always been like, “Stop the bullshit; we hate living in America because being in school, our lives are put at risk every day, and that’s unacceptable. But what are we going to do about it?” We felt like the rest of the country — there’s nothing to do.
    When this happened, we knew that this was our chance to say, “No more kids are going to die.” We’re going to hold these sick politicians who prefer the murder of children to [losing] their reelection. We’re going to hold them accountable. And that’s what we’re doing.
    Jen Kirby
    You also recorded your classmates while hiding out from the shooter. What motivated you to do that?
    David Hogg
    I thought if maybe [politicians] heard the voices of some that had died, maybe that would be enough to take action. But to be honest, it probably wouldn’t. It probably wouldn’t.
    Jen Kirby
    Do you see the Parkland shooting as a real turning point in the gun control movement?
    David Hogg
    I certainly hope so. I really hope so. The fact that more people are still talking about it and still seeing my face, and the fact that these people are continuing to be remembered is a testament to what we’re doing is kind of working.

Jen Kirby
    Besides the march next month, do you have other plans to advocate for legislation?
    David Hogg
    I’m not a politician. I’m a 17-year-old. What the **** do I know? All I know is that what they’re doing is ****ing wrong, and I know that lobbyists are sick ****ers.
    But these sick people need to be held accountable. These people have seen over and over again what’s been happening in the news, which is mass shootings where people get shot, we have a debate, and we get more divided as Democrats and Republicans and not as Americans that we are. It’s polarizing America, making it weaker, and taking children’s lives.
    Jen Kirby
    Well, I’ve heard you and your classmates discuss these issues over the past week, and you have talked about proposals — not all of them new — to tackle this issue.
    David Hogg
    Universal background checks have wide support. It’s just House Speaker Paul Ryan and [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell will not allow any of these bills to come to the floor. Children are dying as a result. The blood from all these 17 people who are dead now, and all the thousands of others who are dead as a result of gun violence — it’s on their hands and [on] the NRA.
    Jen Kirby
    How do you see yourself trying to promote legislation that will, as you say, save lives?
    David Hogg
    We need to hire a lawyer. We need to hire a fiduciary. We need to hire a campaign person to help organize; we’ve been organizing ourselves pretty much entirely, even up until now. We still are, and the plan is to continue doing it that way.
    We don’t have time or resources to hire these people. But we have the energy to get this shit done. Our politicians don’t. Well, they do; they just don’t give a ****.
    Jen Kirby
    And you’re teenagers. You’ll have to go back to school, and —
    David Hogg
    I don’t plan on going back. I don’t plan on going back to school until gun control legislation is passed, to the point where every American feels safe. I personally think every American should do the same thing. We should have a national school sit-out where nobody goes [back to school] until these laws are passed, because everybody is at risk. That’s not part of the movement yet, but that’s what I think.
    Jen Kirby
    That’s an interesting idea. Have you heard from other students and teens across the country, including other survivors of school shootings, who plan to join you in the marches and some of the other activism?

David Hogg
    Kids DM me on Instagram being like, “Hey, what can I do?” Form a march, form a protest. A kid is making videos near Columbine with survivors of that shooting, I believe.
    That’s just another example of, like, how this has to be us, our generation as teenagers. We can’t allow this to happen. What about our kids? What about the future of America? These politicians don’t give a shit about that.
    Jen Kirby
    What about the president’s idea for a listening session with students? Has the White House reached out?
    David Hogg
    We’re not going to that. He [Trump] can come to our thing. This is our issue. I would say as of 2 pm Monday, they have not reached out to us either officially or unofficially at all.
    Jen Kirby
    This anger among you and your classmates feels palpable. But I imagine it also mixes up with grief. How does it feel to balance both?
    David Hogg
    I really can’t. The only source of any grieving that I can do at this point is just keep fighting. I have to. There’s no way I can stop because I don’t want anybody else to die from this. If I don’t take action — because our stupid politicians won’t — more are going to die.
    If you want some of those names that I’m talking about: Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, and so many others that refuse to take action. The fact that Donald Trump called out the Democratic Party for not taking action when they were in full control is disgusting and hypocritical.
    The Republicans are in control of the House, Senate, and executive branch — what legislation has been passed about mental health, if that’s what they’re pushing? None.
    They’ve made false promises, which has gotten more blood spattered on our high schools, elementary schools, and middle schools.
    Jen Kirby
    What about some other talking points on the right, such as that teachers should be armed?
    David Hogg
    Personally, I enjoy and respect everybody else’s opinion. I have to, and so does everybody else, if we want to get this done, But I don’t feel comfortable being in a room with a teacher with a gun; I don’t feel comfortable really being around a gun unless it’s a law enforcement officer that has it. Would I support possibly having more school resource officers? Yes. But I would also just not feel comfortable bringing more guns into a place that’s supposed to be about learning. I don’t think the solution to the problem is more violence.

Jen Kirby
    At the same time, this gun control debate seems so entrenched. Has anyone reached out to you to let you know that you’ve changed their mind, or even budged them at all on their stance?
    David Hogg
    I’m not here to change anyone’s mind. I’m here to get us working because we have to. I’m getting people to hear the other side of the debate, not change their minds, just understand we need mental health care reform and we need some form of gun reform.
    An absolute ban on assault rifles would be wonderful, but we need mental health care and everything like that. It should be a nonpartisan issue; the fact that it’s not is disgusting, and it’s a testament to how terrible these people are, like Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Vice President Pence, and people just all over the Senate and the state level, too, that are supported by the NRA. Get the speaker to get some bills on the floor and let’s change this shit.
    Jen Kirby
    I hope you and your classmates do have the opportunity to talk to these leaders face to face. Is there anything big that I might be missing that you want to let me know about?
    David Hogg
    The people out there that feel infuriated by this and disgusted, I agree, you should. But we have to turn this anger and passion toward the politicians and the sick people that allowed this to continue, not toward each other as Democrats and Republicans. We need to come together as Americans. This is our future, and we need to fix it.
    I wish that every single person, everybody that stood up from my school and [has] been on their news so much, like Emma and I ... was a nobody still. I wish we were just out there with the other people taking action. We’re getting so much attention from this. I feel like it’s distracting from the 17 victims and the thousands of others that have died as a result. Those are the people that we need to remember.

Emma Gonzalez

A $130.00 bucks! Where? I'll have to get a couple...
    ''... I believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people...are a safeguard to the continuance of a free government...whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast Republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.''- Gen. Robert E. Lee

Default Stopped 223 bullets w/school book

Default One of the Pakdale Talking Head Drama Queens