Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Graham Dies

Default Billy Graham Dies

Billy Graham Dies - Fox News

The Rev. Billy Graham , the Christian evangelist whose worldwide crusades and role as adviser to decades of U.S. presidents made him one of the best known religious figures of his time, died Wednesday at age 99...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/21...-confirms.html
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

A man that prayed for all of our souls, a man that lived for Christ, and is with him now.

As a young man I went to one of his Crusades for Christ, there were many thousand of lost souls saved that week. My Dad was one of those saved by him.

Thank you Reverend Graham, for all that you did for us poor sinners, you were a true man of God.

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

Amen, Rhodie, amen!

One of the things I'm looking forward to in Heaven is being able to meet some of these giants of the Faith.

Rest, Reverend Graham... you've earned it.

Summerthyme

As a child, I was watching a Billy Graham Crusade on TV one night. That night began the first steps in my walk seeking salvation through our Lord and Savoir, Jesus Christ. The full knowledge of my salvation came years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    As a child, I was watching a Billy Graham Crusade on TV one night. That night began the first steps in my walk seeking salvation through our Lord and Savoir, Jesus Christ. The full knowledge of my salvation came years later.
    My experience was similar, Sherree.
    Last edited by pc-not; 02-21-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: spelling

My family went to a crusade when I was a young child. Though young, I knew where we were because we watched at home whenever his crusades aired. I remember thinking I would hear them sing 'Just As I Am,' one of the first songs I knew growing up.

In my mid-20's, a girl at work, loudly and anytime there was an opportunity to work it into a conversation, proudly proclaimed her hatred for Rev. Graham. Never said why, only that she did. I was shocked. Could not understand how anyone could hate this good man. As time went on, I learned she was of a different belief system and had recently spent some time in a mental hospital, so chocked it up to that.

I like the first headline I saw, from USA Today, no less:
    Billy Graham, America's pastor, has died

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

R.I.P Sir...
    ''... I believe that the maintenance of the rights and authority reserved to the states and to the people...are a safeguard to the continuance of a free government...whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast Republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.''- Gen. Robert E. Lee

I was rather hoping he'd make one-hundred. Many years ago, I was a "counselor" at one of his crusades. A man in his 80's came forward and told me he didn't see how God could forgive him for the terrible things he had done to his enemies in WWII. I told him if God could forgive me He could forgive anybody. He bowed his head and prayed the sinner's prayer...

Billy is one of those I'll stand in line to talk to when we get there.
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

I too started on my journey while watching one of his crusades.

I think it is sad to note, that there hasn't been anything like that going on for 30 years or more now. Makes me wonder if that isn't a sign in itself.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

He was a great man, Heaven just got one fantastic person. RIP