View Poll Results: What is the biggest issue facing America today?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Government Corruption

38 71.70%
  • World War

1 1.89%
  • Illegal Immigration

6 11.32%
  • Gun Control

1 1.89%
  • Central Banks/ Fiat currency

4 7.55%
  • Stock Market Collapse

0 0%
  • The National Debt

2 3.77%
  • Trump Russian Collusion

1 1.89%

Thread: What is the biggest issue facing America today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What is the biggest issue facing America today?

What is the single biggest issue facing America today?
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

politicians
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Almost all the "options" stem from the first. I vote "government corruption".
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    Almost all the "options" stem from the first. I vote "government corruption".
    That was the logic for my vote as well.

Success and overabundance.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-...g-with-america
    [QUOTE]

• What's Wrong with America?

PLAY AUDIO
    ADD TO PLAYLIST

A + A - RESET
    Tonight we're going to be considering a subject that I think is on all of our hearts and I want, as I always would want to do, to take you to the Word of God and not just give you some kind of political or theological, philosophical speech. And I want to address the subject of "What's Wrong with America?"

In order to do that, I find myself drawn to Romans chapter 1, Romans chapter 1. And I would like to read for you, starting at verse 24 and reading down through verse 32. "Therefore, God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions, for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural. And in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the women and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice, they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same but also give hearty approval to those who practice them."

Three times in those verses you have the statement, "God gave them over," verse 24, verse 26, and verse 28. Another way to describe that phrase would be, "abandoned by God." One of the most tragic scenes on the pages of Scripture involves the strongest man who ever lived, the mighty man Samson, the original and legitimate and real, genuine Superman.

In Judges 16 verses 18 to 20 this is what we read, "When Delilah saw that he had told her all that was in his heart, she sent and called the lords of the Philistines saying, come up once more for he has told me all that is in his heart. And the lords of the Philistines came up to her and brought the money in their hands and she made him sleep on her knees and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his hair. Then she began to afflict him and his strength left him. And she said, the Philistines are upon you, Samson. And he awoke from his sleep and said, I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." Then this line, "But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him. Then the Philistines seized him and gouged out his eyes and they brought him down to Gaza and bound him with bronze chains and he was a grinder in the prison." He didn't know that the Lord had departed from him. Abandoned by God because of his sins. What a tragedy.

To the sons of Israel, God said, in Judges 10, "You have forsaken Me and served other gods. Therefore I will deliver you no more. Go and cry out to the gods which you have chosen. Let them deliver you in the time of your distress." Not only was Samson abandoned by God but so was Israel.

Proverbs chapter 1 verses 24 to 31 records similar sentiment. "Because I called and you refused, I stretched out My hand and no one paid attention and you neglected all My counsel and did not want my reproof, I will even laugh at your calamity, I will mock when your dread comes. When your dread comes like a storm and your calamity comes on like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come on you, then they will call on Me but I will not answer, they will seek Me diligently but they shall not find Me because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the Lord. They would not accept My counsel, they spurned all my reproof, so they shall eat of the fruit of their own way and be satiated with their own desires."
    To all, not only Samson, not only Israel, but to all who turned their back on the wisdom of God, they are left abandoned by God to eat the fruit of their own ways. In Hosea chapter 4 and verse 17 it is recorded that God said this frightening sentence, "Ephraim is joined to idols; let him alone." Abandoned by God was Ephraim. Ephraim made its choice, God said let them go.

In the New Testament, I think of all the things that Jesus ever said about the Pharisees, this was the most frightening. He said to His disciples in Matthew 15:14 this, "Let them alone, they are blind guides of the blind. And when the blind lead the blind, everybody falls into the pit.” Let them alone.

There comes a point in God's dealing with men and nations, groups of people, when He abandons them. And the consequence of that abandonment is they will eat the fruit of their own choices. If I were to simply answer the question: What's wrong with America? I would say God has abandoned America. And America is now feeding on its own choices. Chosen to sin, they have. Chosen to turn their back on God, they have. Chosen to reject the gospel, they have. Chosen to reject a biblical morality, they have. Chosen to disobey the clear commandment of God, they have. And God says, let them alone.

This isn't anything new for nations. In Acts 14:16 listen to these words, Paul said, "In the generations gone by, God permitted all the nations to go their own way.” To go their own way. C.S. Lewis, writing in his book The Problem of Pain, wrote, "The lost," quote, "enjoy forever the horrible freedom they have demanded and are therefore self-enslaved," end quote.[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    Success and overabundance.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Ref. Ezekiel 16:49-50

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    What is the single biggest issue facing America today?

That's easy......

Though its one not currently up there and its not something that most think about........

But...........

Ignorance

Hillary Cinton:
    Lets's not leave an education vacuum to be filled by religious extremists who go to families who have no other option and offer meals, housing, and some form of education. If we are going to combat extremism then we must educate those very same children.

Hillary admits that ignorance can and often does create extremism which leads to violence…...and she even advocates education is the only way to combat ignorance.

John Kerry:
    Religions don't require adherence to raze villages and blow up people. It's individuals, with distorted and an even ignorant interpretation of religion who do that.”

Even John Kerry advocates ignorance being responsible for all human atrocities.

Obama: Where young people have no education, they are more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and radical ideas, because it’s not tested against anything else, they’ve got nothing to weigh.

Because when that truth is known, it exposes their propaganda as the lie that it is.

Those are the battles that we need to fight. Those are the battles that we willingly join. The battles against ignorance and intolerance.

February 18, 2015 Remarks by then President Obama in Closing of the Summit on Countering Violent Extremism
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...lent-extremism

Obama even advocated for stronger education vs ignorance. In fact he even advocated that this is where our battle should be is on ignorance and not on any other issue.

Well, if we can not believe the Politicians and past president who can we trust??????
    A person always honors and obeys that which they love. That is truly what's in a person's heart; therefore, what's in the heart is truly who a person is.

True Greed is demanding something you didn't earn.

An object isn't a weapon until a person puts their finger on it. - Quoted from my son age 13.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Time Watcher View Post
    Religions don't require adherence to raze villages
    adherents
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    adherents
    Hey, I only quote them. I don't write their speeches for them. LOL! I can not help if their speech writers are illiterate.
    A person always honors and obeys that which they love. That is truly what's in a person's heart; therefore, what's in the heart is truly who a person is.

True Greed is demanding something you didn't earn.

An object isn't a weapon until a person puts their finger on it. - Quoted from my son age 13.