Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are the Spiritual gifts still at work today? Hear what God says in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Thanks, Cary. I used to read all this stuff years ago, Toronto and Pensecola stuff. Big Yuck remembering it all. Rodney Howard Browne was also on Trump's advisory team . But what really got me is Rick Wiles has had him on a few times in regard to Trump. So I googled to see if Browne had repented of being the "Holy Ghost bartender" but didn't find anything. Did not understand Rick having him on.
    Don't know what you were looking for in your search, but here is a Bing search:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Rodney...d027a1c992bd24

There are a couple of links where Browne talks about, and in the presence of Trump, and a dire prophecy concerning Trump.

A heads up. Browne takes the same position that all the hoopla over Tras's post in the COC, where Rick has another person on as Trump is a Blessing to the US. So I understand why Rick would have him on.....to reinforce that line of thinking. http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...-bless-america

Hope that helps
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Don't know what you were looking for in your search, but here is a Bing search:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Rodney...d027a1c992bd24

There are a couple of links where Browne talks about, and in the presence of Trump, and a dire prophecy concerning Trump.

A heads up. Browne takes the same position that all the hoopla over Tras's post in the COC, where Rick has another person on as Trump is a Blessing to the US. So I understand why Rick would have him on.....to reinforce that line of thinking. http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...-bless-america

Hope that helps
    Yes, one more sad example that Rick is not using discernment having Browne on, simply because he is a Trump-ite. Browne got attention (even Infowars) for the prophecy you mentioned that someone in Congress told him they were trying to take out Trump. Again, if Browne repented of the evil excesses of the Toronto Blessing, it would be different.

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Just some rambling thoughts:

9er don't take this as a comeback on what you said, like I said just some rambling thoughts. 9er made mention of Origen, and the comments by him (?) that the gifts of the Spirit, didn't seem to be operating as they once did. Circa around 200+ AD. It should also be noted that Origen believed that Jesus was born a man, and became God. And that theology became so prevalent in the "Church" that in 325 a conference was held in Nicaea to confront, and put it down. And actually had some Mormon beliefs, as in pre-existent souls.

In that environment, which is viewed by some as non-Biblical, perhaps even as non-Christian, would God give out the gifts of the Spirit?

In my allusion to Clement of Rome circa late 1st century: He made a comment in passing about the gifts of the Spirit in his Epistle of the Corinthians, in that he wondered why they weren't in operation as before. The context of his epistle was to admonish the Christians in Corinth to stop suing each other in civil court.

In that environment, which is viewed by some as non-Biblical, perhaps even as non-Christian, would God give out the gifts of the Spirit?

Today in the WOF/Latter Rain/Apostolic movement which is seen in many circles as fake Christianity, and merchandising Christians:

On the other side of the spectrum is the Emergent Church/Seeker Friendly/Evangelical who water down the gospel, and in essence is more concerned with nickels, noses and numbers, than they are with preaching hard truths.

And stuck in the middle is the old traditional denom's, who hold their traditions above the Bible.

Depending on one's answer to those questions, the next could be, "Does a group of people have to be perfect before they receive the gifts of the Spirit?" I think the answer to that is no, they don't. I think what matters is what is in their heart. It should be noted that God gives those gifts as He wills, and it is only for, and to, believers, the real Church. And I think you are only going to find that in small groups scattered here, and there. Whether they are in a "church" building, or in a home. And those small groups whether in China, or the US, really need those gifts, to understand, and move, and grow. For their edification. Which seems the way it has been done for 2000 years, as noted in the "Pilgrim Church".

As those groups became organized, and institutionalized, the gifts of the Spirit became less, and less evident.

Just some rambling thoughts, not making a doctrine, or being dogmatic about it.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Cary said:

As those groups became organized, and institutionalized, the gifts of the Spirit became less, and less evident.
    As some "churches" depend upon worldly methods, money, etc., they forget Jesus and their need of the Holy Spirit. Think Laodicea.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest
    As some "churches" depend upon worldly methods, money, etc., they forget Jesus and their need of the Holy Spirit. Think Laodicea.
    Those two statements could have been made in the same sentence! Thanks to both of you.