Thread: Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far . . . in Wake of Billy Graham's Death

Default Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far . . . in Wake of Billy Graham's Death

Televangelist Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far With Prosperity Gospel in Wake of Billy Graham's Death

In the wake of the death of renowned evangelist Billy Graham, controversial faith-healing televangelist Benny Hinn, who has often been criticized for his endorsement of the prosperity gospel, said in a stunning confession Wednesday that sometimes he has taken the erroneous gospel too far.

"We get attacked for preaching prosperity, well it's in the Bible, but I think some have gone to the extreme with it sadly, and it's not God's word what is taught and I think I'm as guilty as others. Sometimes you go a little farther than you really need to go and then God brings you back to normality and reality," Hinn, 65, said as he reflected on Graham's death with a ministry colleague in a Facebook Live broadcast.

He admitted that as he has grown older and come to understand the Bible more, he now realizes that some of the things he learned from preachers when he was growing up aren't biblical and the popular interpretation of the prosperity gospel — the teaching that believers have a right to the blessings of health and wealth and that they can obtain these blessings through positive confessions of faith and the "sowing of seeds" through the faithful payments of tithes and offerings — is one of those things.

"The more you know the Bible the more you become biblically based and more balanced in your opinions and your thoughts because we are influenced. When I was younger I was influenced by the preachers who taught whatever they taught. But as I've lived longer I'm thinking wait a minute, you know this doesn't fit totally with the Bible and it doesn't fit with the reality. So what is prosperity? No lack. I've said this before," Hinn said.

He then elaborated on how he believes "no lack" should be interpreted.

"Did Elijah the prophet have a car? No. Did not even have a bicycle. He had no lack ... Did Jesus drive a car or live in a mansion? No. He had no lack. How about the apostles? None lacked among them," Hinn said. "Today, the idea is abundance and palatial homes and cars and bank accounts. The focus is wrong ... It's so wrong."

He said even though he has been accused of living lavishly and flying private jets in the past ,that is not how he currently lives.

"I mean forgive me. People have accused me of things that aren't even real. One guy wrote a comment 'Oh he's worth 40 million.' Oh how I wish. I would give it all to the Kingdom before God Almighty," he said.

"'Well he flies private jets,'" he continued mimicking criticism. "No, I don't. I have not flown private in dear God years. I fly commercial just like anyone else... ".

More @ https://www.christianpost.com/news/t...-death-219011/

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

And in the past he had an asset protection team who were Bubbliest, know two of the guys on that team.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Buddhist, Cary, Buddhist.

I know that God can change hearts, but with Benny Hinn, I will have to see his words in action, before I believe there has been a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Buddhist, Cary, Buddhist.
    Ahhh....I was like, huh??
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Ahhh....I was like, huh??
    Yeah, I ask what he was trying to say. He misspelled Buddhist, and hit the wrong spell check word when he tried to correct. He didn't notice it, until after it was posted.

As to LF's OP:

Hinn said that in light of Billy Graham's death. It's a good thing, but did he mean it? Or is he trying to be more MSM? It's probably obvious that I don't trust him.

Here's the reason why:

My mother was heavily involved with WOF. While she was sick, and in the hospital her pastor (a husband and wife team) came for a visit. I confronted them in the hall. Told them the crap they were preaching was a lie, and they needed to tell my mother, so she will understand that she is sick, and just not saying so, isn't going to fix this.

They went in and renounced the whole say it with your mouth, positive confession, I'm healed doctrine. Told her it wasn't working for her, and she needed to change her beliefs. She died in 2000 still believing she wasn't sick.

That was 18 years ago, those pastors still pastor the same church, and for the last 18 years still preach the same message of saying it with your mouth, positive confession, name it and claim it.

Also another pastor friend of mind told me, that in a conversation with him these pastors admitted to not preaching "hard" sermons because the giving/tithes would drop. So who is in control of that church? I can tell you, "....the love of money is the root of all evil...."

So, the way to prove if what Hinn said is true, is to listen to some of his sermons, since he said what he did, in the OP. Is it the same ol, same ol, or does he renounce his old doctrine.

The deal about the Buddhist bodyguards is a fact. Worked with both of them, one before he guarded Hinn, and one after he guarded Hinn. Both of these guys are people you would not want to confront. Muscled up, masters in black belts, really bad dudes. One of the guys was also assigned to guard a Saudi Prince while in country. The one I knew and worked with after, gave up asset protection because he stayed on the road all the time, and he had a family he wanted to be with.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him