Thread: Are BitCoin And Blockchain BEASTLY Traps?

Question Are BitCoin And Blockchain BEASTLY Traps?

Yes, well, of course I realize technology is a tool, like a good weapon or a saw is a tool, but my gut level reaction is that these, (whether by design or by future regulation), are sucking the unwary straight into a cashless totalitarian world which is not all that far off now. Hopefully there are those here who can share insight on the basic mathematical technology employed, as to whether or not the claims it is “foolproof”, “tamperproof”, “secure”, “independent”, “transparent”, “efficient” etc. are verifiable, but that is not the main issue.

I also know the vast majority have availed themselves of electronic banking now, from the basic card to the smart card to the phone and computerized e-commerce, so maybe this is a dead horse in the mass mentality, and everyone is resigned to a cashless society with not much thought for the ramifications to individual liberty or autonomy, but hope there remain those who are not, and know many in my generation, ( Boomer), regard cashless as a very small step away from the prophesied Mark of The Beast.

That said, and despite the craze, I roughly equate Bitcoin with tulip bulbs, “The Emperor has no clothes!”, “The fool and his money are soon parted”, and; am firmly in the Austrian Economics school when it comes to the whole present debt-based Keynesian system, where if all debt were repaid there would be no money. I believe we are approaching critical mass in the mother of all bubbles, where the thing implodes a thousand directions at once, and all the power the debt has purchased is brought to bear.

I am detecting some serious hooprah about blockchain and peer to peer digital currency being used to “kill the banks”, “eliminate the middle man”, and am told I can “trust the math” without the “math” ever being disclosed or even illustrated. To this old hillbilly, blockchain so far appears to be the Technocrat’s dream.

Someone recently retired told me they are considering a move to another country where they can mine and trade bitcoin more privately, and my first question was, “Does that country have an IMF currency?” Next, I asked if they seriously believed the banksters are going to allow competition to survive very long. It all seriously reeks of bait to me.

If I have understood any of what I have heard to date, (feel free to correct), first we have “blockchain”, which is touted as a mathematical open data-base platform with sweeping applications from private transactions to super-efficient industry and business management, (when combined with AI), which will make banks, with stock and security exchanges, literally obsolete. Those are hefty claims, with real ramifications to John Q. who is tied up and stored up in those institutions. Is it time to get out, or too late?

It looks from here as if Bitcoin has been permitted for a season as a PR “hook” to popularize the concept right before it is co-opted, regulated and controlled by the Overlords. Bitcoin, although novel in the “mining” and peer to peer direct secure or at least obscure transaction aspects, is still a digital currency, and, (IMHO), anything built out of furf can be counterfeited, once the code or algorythm is cracked.

Next came the versions of digital currency with the utility token, which looks to me a lot like a wooden nickel, or more accurately like a stock certificate which can be rendered worthless by market fluctuation, manipulation, or fraud.

Now they are marketing a “security token” version, which, unlike the former two, is a “government approved and regulated” maliable instrument, (negotiable instrument/currency) for transactions with participating corporations, which, (I have heard), are beating down the door to “get in”. “Getting in” is touted as enabling these corporation to de-list from the stock exchanges and run in the new game exclusively, integrating it into their management systems from radically increased efficiency in industrial engineering, (read – cracking on employees by real-time tracking and AI supervision of activities), to auto-payment of all payrolls, etc., and looks a lot like continuing replacement of human workers.

In all aspects I have discovered, this new game looks a great deal like Kontrol Inc. setting up a titanic bait and switch for the current debt-bubble implosion. I can’t see Gollum Sucks or any major trading house presently making billions out of thin air by leveraging the honest toil of common people being happy about the exchanges being replaced, but maybe they are already set up to do even better in the new one?

Right about ten years ago I was told of new banking software which basically eliminates secured debt by loan application as we know it and goes to a cashless system where everyone has an individually pre-set limit based upon assets and employment, where there are no exceptions to the actuarial formulae and everything you possess or own secures any debt, in the lender’s sole discretion.

This whole thing is right curious, and as the lit fuse grows short on the derivatives and bonds bubble while interest rates rise, (which some noted experts feel will pop the bond market at just over 3% with nowhere for the bondsters or municides to go), we ought to have a course plotted. I have long thought some form of debt Jubilee would used for solution bait when the Hegelian Dialectic operates upon the Crash, and am all in favor of declaring the “national debt” zero and letting whomever jump if they can still get a window open, (so long as we reject cashless and return to a Constitutional money system), but we really ought to have eyes open and our own plan, instead of joining the angry mob crying out for the pre-engineered solution when the pain comes.

Your thoughts, please.
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a fiat money scam for those who fancy themselves to be sophisticated and trendy.

You are correct there is a fad element, moe, but to me that is just a planned element of the designed conditioning.
    John Milton, 1642

Quote Originally Posted by Trasael Adnepos View Post
    Yes, well, of course I realize technology is a tool, like a good weapon or a saw is a tool, but my gut level reaction is that these, (whether by design or by future regulation), are sucking the unwary straight into a cashless totalitarian world which is not all that far off now. Hopefully there are those here who can share insight on the basic mathematical technology employed, as to whether or not the claims it is “foolproof”, “tamperproof”, “secure”, “independent”, “transparent”, “efficient” etc. are verifiable, but that is not the main issue.

I also know the vast majority have availed themselves of electronic banking now, from the basic card to the smart card to the phone and computerized e-commerce, so maybe this is a dead horse in the mass mentality, and everyone is resigned to a cashless society with not much thought for the ramifications to individual liberty or autonomy, but hope there remain those who are not, and know many in my generation, ( Boomer), regard cashless as a very small step away from the prophesied Mark of The Beast.

That said, and despite the craze, I roughly equate Bitcoin with tulip bulbs, “The Emperor has no clothes!”, “The fool and his money are soon parted”, and; am firmly in the Austrian Economics school when it comes to the whole present debt-based Keynesian system, where if all debt were repaid there would be no money. I believe we are approaching critical mass in the mother of all bubbles, where the thing implodes a thousand directions at once, and all the power the debt has purchased is brought to bear.

I am detecting some serious hooprah about blockchain and peer to peer digital currency being used to “kill the banks”, “eliminate the middle man”, and am told I can “trust the math” without the “math” ever being disclosed or even illustrated. To this old hillbilly, blockchain so far appears to be the Technocrat’s dream.

Someone recently retired told me they are considering a move to another country where they can mine and trade bitcoin more privately, and my first question was, “Does that country have an IMF currency?” Next, I asked if they seriously believed the banksters are going to allow competition to survive very long. It all seriously reeks of bait to me.

If I have understood any of what I have heard to date, (feel free to correct), first we have “blockchain”, which is touted as a mathematical open data-base platform with sweeping applications from private transactions to super-efficient industry and business management, (when combined with AI), which will make banks, with stock and security exchanges, literally obsolete. Those are hefty claims, with real ramifications to John Q. who is tied up and stored up in those institutions. Is it time to get out, or too late?

It looks from here as if Bitcoin has been permitted for a season as a PR “hook” to popularize the concept right before it is co-opted, regulated and controlled by the Overlords. Bitcoin, although novel in the “mining” and peer to peer direct secure or at least obscure transaction aspects, is still a digital currency, and, (IMHO), anything built out of furf can be counterfeited, once the code or algorythm is cracked.

Next came the versions of digital currency with the utility token, which looks to me a lot like a wooden nickel, or more accurately like a stock certificate which can be rendered worthless by market fluctuation, manipulation, or fraud.

Now they are marketing a “security token” version, which, unlike the former two, is a “government approved and regulated” maliable instrument, (negotiable instrument/currency) for transactions with participating corporations, which, (I have heard), are beating down the door to “get in”. “Getting in” is touted as enabling these corporation to de-list from the stock exchanges and run in the new game exclusively, integrating it into their management systems from radically increased efficiency in industrial engineering, (read – cracking on employees by real-time tracking and AI supervision of activities), to auto-payment of all payrolls, etc., and looks a lot like continuing replacement of human workers.

In all aspects I have discovered, this new game looks a great deal like Kontrol Inc. setting up a titanic bait and switch for the current debt-bubble implosion. I can’t see Gollum Sucks or any major trading house presently making billions out of thin air by leveraging the honest toil of common people being happy about the exchanges being replaced, but maybe they are already set up to do even better in the new one?

Right about ten years ago I was told of new banking software which basically eliminates secured debt by loan application as we know it and goes to a cashless system where everyone has an individually pre-set limit based upon assets and employment, where there are no exceptions to the actuarial formulae and everything you possess or own secures any debt, in the lender’s sole discretion.

This whole thing is right curious, and as the lit fuse grows short on the derivatives and bonds bubble while interest rates rise, (which some noted experts feel will pop the bond market at just over 3% with nowhere for the bondsters or municides to go), we ought to have a course plotted. I have long thought some form of debt Jubilee would used for solution bait when the Hegelian Dialectic operates upon the Crash, and am all in favor of declaring the “national debt” zero and letting whomever jump if they can still get a window open, (so long as we reject cashless and return to a Constitutional money system), but we really ought to have eyes open and our own plan, instead of joining the angry mob crying out for the pre-engineered solution when the pain comes.

Your thoughts, please.

Not the best forum for arguing the deep philosophical merits of blockchain or technology.

Are current cryptos setting us up for a totalitarian state by conditioning us? Absolutely. This is not why they were started but in the end it is a whole lot easier to control the masses if you can shut down their power to buy and sell by flipping one switch. Blockchain will allow it. If you are planning a turnkey totalitarian state the blockchain is a huge gift out of nowhere.

Is the math solid? Absolutely - it cannot be counterfeited or stolen with the current known technologies. Some say that quantum computing will eventually allow them to brute force the encryption but they will always be able to move to higher encryption that cannot be broken. It is also verified and stored around the world on all computers. You should be more concerned that someone will hack your Wells Fargo account and change a digit to steal from you.

Will it be the "Mark of the Beast". Well, the mark will be on your head or hand but Yes, I believe it will tie to blockchain somehow. When the beast system takes over (AI), the incentives it gives humans for doing their jobs will be in cryptocurrencies. The punishments will also be crypto related.

Is it in a bubble? No, and yes like anything. If people like it - it has value. The tulip comparison does not take into account that the world will run on blockchain someday. The reality is that Blockchain, smart contracts, distributed computing are all extremely useful and need a currency to reward people for maintaining the distributed systems. Cryptocurrencies are a decentralized currency that can flow directly from a decentralized system to create incentives for the people maintaining the system. They are not going away.

Can it replace big institutions like the central bank, Facebook, or a credit reporting service? Yes absolutely. This is a deep discussion and there are certainly tons of resources to explain it but central banks were made obsolete they day that Bitcoin was released. Really.

Will it be allowed by big banks or the govt? That is the big question. It is probably too late to stop Cryptos/blockchain here in the west. Too many people making money on it now with big investments piling up every day (billions being invested in the system). The younger generations trust it. They would really need to demonize it at this late stage to stop it. Not sure they could.

A constitutional money system is "options". Treasury has demand notes (now called legal tender notes) redeemable in silver, states have gold and silver, and anyone else can create any money at any time. from 1793 to 1861 over 1600 banks issued their own currencies. The world is big enough for multiple currencies but the people in control will have a hard time giving up any power which is why we only have one currency right now controlled by bad people.

We will never go back to gold and silver for money because the "powers that be" finally realized that currency, by definition, has only subjective value and not inherent value. People use it because they want to. A "greenback" note works just as well as a silver dollar as a centralized digital dollar as a cryptodollar as a bitcoin. The benefits of precious metal backing is its historical significance and natural supply limitations. It many ways Cryptocurrencies are better at being a currency than all of the rest.

Thank you, cpt, for answering some key questions, and for a well thought out response. I just don't want the forethought concerning, preparedness for, or the awareness of these issues, to get lost in the deafening noise of the present breaking news barrage, because the transition can come rather suddenly as a TPTB response to a loss of power in the coming prosecutions.
    John Milton, 1642

Cpt is correct.

It is definitely going in that direction. We are paying for our own de-evolution/evolution.

It is not a fad.
    Last edited by 326326; 02-28-2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: quick note

Thank you, cpt, for answering some key questions, and for a well thought out response. I just don't want the forethought concerning, preparedness for, or the awareness of these issues, to get lost in the deafening noise of the present breaking news barrage, because the transition can come rather suddenly as a TPTB response to a loss of power in the coming prosecutions.
    Yeah, I hear you. Trust me - I have been pondering how to prep for a switchover. Once they go to blockchain tied to individuals (like a hashtag printed invisibly on your hand or forehead) the gig is up. You will be forever in the system and every single transaction for the rest of your life will be logged worldwide and subject to be shut off if they decide you are not a good citizen. I dont see this happening for many years but lets say it becomes reality in 2035 which would easily be doable - would you take the mark? How would you exit the system? The strategy that I have come up with(without becoming a beggar) is to do the following with no debt:

1 Purchase Land with cash
    2 Build a house with cash
    3 Complete all your preps
    4 Stock up on everything
    5 Put land and everything into a Trust
    6 Put some cash into the Trust
    7 Put some gold into the trust but specify that you remain the custodian and the Gold is stored on the land
    8 Identify a reputable law firm (is that even possible?)
    9 Make a young partner the trustee for the trust and instruct him to file the end of year tax return and pay property taxes out of the trust. Also other expenses that you might have along the way. If the economy crashes he is allowed to convert gold to cash (provide by the custodian - you) to refill the bank account or blockchain account.

This way you always have some land to go to where you can survive for many years without ever needing to conduct another transaction - ever. Worst thing that could happen is that you need to hand some gold to the trustee so that he can pay some bills. I realize this is pretty far out there (even for TTOL) but, hey, long range planning is how my brain works.

Of course this is my own planning. I realize that my only safety is in the Lord and no matter how well I am prepared. The only way to survive it is to take the Lords hand and walk through the storm with him. He will make sure you are safe in the midst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    Are current cryptos setting us up for a totalitarian state by conditioning us? Absolutely. This is not why they were started but in the end it is a whole lot easier to control the masses if you can shut down their power to buy and sell by flipping one switch. Blockchain will allow it. If you are planning a turnkey totalitarian state the blockchain is a huge gift out of nowhere.
    Behold the future.

Jack Dorsey expects bitcoin to become the world's 'single currency' in about 10 years

‘The world ultimately will have a single currency, the internet will have a single currency. I personally believe that it will be bitcoin’
    Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/21/jack...-10-years.html
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Yes, Bezukhov, "Behold the future".

Funny how a few bread crumbs along the trail can germinate into NSA surveillance and criminal loss of assets invested in SA oil cyberbucks in a couple of weeks, eh?

Great classic prepper A-list there, Cptmidnight. Might as well make it an even ten with a new number one, though. "More than anything, be spiritually prepared."
    John Milton, 1642

Yes, Bezukhov, "Behold the future".

Funny how a few bread crumbs along the trail can germinate into NSA surveillance and criminal loss of assets invested in SA oil cyberbucks in a couple of weeks, eh?

Great classic prepper A-list there, Cptmidnight. Might as well make it an even ten with a new number one, though. "More than anything, be spiritually prepared."
    There is something more than just surveillance behind this. Dodging taxes will be much more difficult.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/