Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Sales Skyrocket As Gun Owners Brace For An All-Out Assault On Our Second Amendmen

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    This always amazes me.We have like a 2 to 1 ratio of guns to people in America now ..
    I'm not a hoarder so I just don't get the point..If I own it I use it..
    Plus a gun is most likely the least effective way to protect yourself from government intrusion.AKA Ruby Ridge...
    "Two is one, one is none" Plus you may have to arm your family/friends, you may have to arm a later generation. If you need a gun you will likely not engage in deep philosophical contemplation as to the probity of it's use but if that's the argument you'll use to smooth your feels on the day Waco visits your door so be it.
    You don't sound like the kinda guy I'd waste bullets protectin'
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    .... You don't sound like the kinda guy I'd waste bullets protectin'
    Doggone Lenno Bro, seems kinda harsh. Mehbe he can cook ... just don't let 'im near the guns eh?

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    For a .22 rifle a heartily recommend the Henry Lever Action.
    I could not agree more! Henry still makes one heck of a lever gun, and the prices are reasonable.

"A Man Chooses...A Slave Obeys."

Quote Originally Posted by PrepareForTheWorst View Post
    I could not agree more! Henry still makes one heck of a lever gun, and the prices are reasonable.
    They do, and it's made in America, all of it. They make some big calibers, which is fine, but that .22 is awesome. I don't care much for bigger calibers due to being tube fed. But the weapon itself is the best made for Lever Actions.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    There is no ire..Common sense would say if you want something and can afford it go buy it..
    Impulse buys like before Obamas inauguration or Hillarys perceived victory are driven by almost some kind of insanity..
    As I have stated before if someone approaches you with a gun and intends to use it you are probably dead before you can get to your weapon.
    I know scientific gobbletygoop to most of yous..
    https://www.inverse.com/article/3701...fter-shootings
    Ok I see what you are talking about now. I guess I have never panic bought so I don't consider it.

I think you will agree there are some of us which you wouldn't have such an easy time with.

March 02, 2018
    David Hines: How the Left Runs Psyops On Allied and Enemy Americans

He further elaborates the basics of the plan being executed in Operation Parkland.

Further tweets below are taken out of tweet format and just printed as normal text, in blockquotes. But they come from David Hines (@hradzka on Twitter).
    The way spectrum of allies analysis works is: you categorize people and groups by where they stand in relation to you and your target on whatever issue you're working on.

Active opponents are against you, and fighting you.
    Passive opponents are against you, but they're not fighting you.
    Neutrals are neither against or for you.
    Passive allies are with you, but they're not fighting for you.
    Active allies are with you and are fighting for you.

The point of spectrum of allies analysis is figuring out who you can move one notch. Who can you move toward you? Who can you move away from your enemy? And how do you make sure you don't push people away from you?
    Active allies: engage them.
    Passive allies: make them active.
    Neutrals: inform or educate them to make them passive allies.
    Passive opponents: make them move to neutral by worrying their position may cost them -- BUT CAREFULLY, so they don't become active opponents.
    Active opponents: make it clear that anything they do against you will cost them, so they retreat to being passive opponents. Failing that, isolate them.
    You are now thinking, "Holy crap, yeah, I've seen this technique used everywhere."
    So under this system, companies giving the NRA discounts are passive opponents to gun control activists. Get them to drop this discount. Make them neutral. And it's not like NRA members really *use* discounts much, so the companies will see no strong material argument against.

But if this works: look, now you've got precedent.
    (Turns out it cost Delta a $40 million tax break. But most companies with NRA discounts are not vulnerable like that, in large part bc *the NRA does not have comparable research to know what their weaknesses to pressure are.*)

Activists have been researching firearms companies, finding ones vulnerable to pressure or whose parent companies are. That's where the REI thing comes in. This has not been done in a few weeks. It is careful preparation and it takes months. Groundwork was done months ago.
    That's how this stuff is done: preparation, preparation, PREPARATION, then carefully staged release, usually on a calendar, but in this case probably at the most favorable moment that presented itself.

What you're seeing is activist pressure to turn NRA's passive allies neutral.
    The Lyft thing? Free rides to the march? Lyft didn't just decide to do that. They were asked, and asked carefully, and the people asking knew the people they asked were passive allies needing a push.
    It pays to be familiar with activists' analytical tools (this isn't the only one, of course). Turn them against yourself or your organization; that way, if you're subject of an activist attack, you'll get an idea of where the attack is likely to come from. Don't get caught blind.
    /fin
    oh, and a PS. If all this stuff sounds military to you? *That's because it is.* Don't think of activism as bullshit the other guys do. Think of it as a non-violent army. That's what it is. And it's hard work. Respect it.
    I would say the most egregious part of this warplan, and the one that makes me the most animated, is the part where they attempt to pressurize their "active enemies" into a coerced silence, threatening consequences for speaking out against them.
    I would further say the biggest division on what used to be called "The Right" are the two main factions' understanding of this tactic and this desired end-state, and their total rejection of it -- or soft toleration of it.
    Some of us are still in Business as Usual Mode and some of us are highly alarmed at how close the left is to achieving its end-state of a society divided between the Empowered True Believers and the Denigrated and Threatened Underclass, and are no longer willing to walk towards the gulags.
    As we consider civil equality and freedom-in-fact (not just theoretical freedom, but actual real freedom in the real world) to be principles that are more important than any other, we are willing to violate some of the less-important procedural principles to fight the left's objective of complete subjugation of us.
    To many of us, it appears the Business As Usual crowd is focused on fairly trivial procedural matters while performing their appointed duties as the left's enablers and enforcers of complete social and cultural rulership by the left.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Owning one gun is like owning one golf club.
    That deserves it's own bumper sticker. Great line, and so true.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.