Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More Church v. Evolution (Sort Of)

Yeah it is sad, Ross, no doubt.

However, it is a scenario that is being played out, in the political, collegiate, and even religious arena's all over, the US, and the world. And it will be even more so, as time goes on, and we approach even closer the last days.

For instance in the religious arena, if you take a class, you will get a book. Whether that class is Sunday school, or something sponsored by a church, or Seminary.

Then you will be asked questions. If your answers don't line up with what's in the book, you fail. Never mind that the book/author got it wrong. The book lines up with the philosophy/doctrine/etc. of the church, not the Bible.

It's the same with taking a Biology class in HS, or college. You will be given a book that lines up with Evolution. If your answers don't line up with the book, you fail.

And because you answered according to the book, you/they think they got it right.

It's not about what is right, it's about an agenda. One that has been going on since the garden. We war not against flesh, and blood, but against principalities and powers, in high places.

The thing to do is be like Hpwillis, and study the Bible. Let it tell you what is right. Will he/you/me get some things wrong? Sure, just know that is a possibility, and keep on seeking answers. He promises the answers.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Yeah it is sad, Ross, no doubt.

However, it is a scenario that is being played out, in the political, collegiate, and even religious arena's all over, the US, and the world. And it will be even more so, as time goes on, and we approach even closer the last days.

For instance in the religious arena, if you take a class, you will get a book. Whether that class is Sunday school, or something sponsored by a church, or Seminary.

Then you will be asked questions. If your answers don't line up with what's in the book, you fail. Never mind that the book/author got it wrong. The book lines up with the philosophy/doctrine/etc. of the church, not the Bible.

It's the same with taking a Biology class in HS, or college. You will be given a book that lines up with Evolution. If your answers don't line up with the book, you fail.

And because you answered according to the book, you/they think they got it right.

It's not about what is right, it's about an agenda. One that has been going on since the garden. We war not against flesh, and blood, but against principalities and powers, in high places.

The thing to do is be like Hpwillis, and study the Bible. Let it tell you what is right. Will he/you/me get some things wrong? Sure, just know that is a possibility, and keep on seeking answers. He promises the answers.
    As usual, you got it right.

By the way Cary, is that you on the center camel in your avatar? I could tell immediately that you are a wise man.
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death , but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLunch View Post
    As usual, you got it right.

By the way Cary, is that you on the center camel in your avatar? I could tell immediately that you are a wise man.
    LOL why, "thank you, thank you very much." (said in the voice of Tupelo's favorite son Elvis)

At times I too, feel like I was born out of time. To have been there, and handled Him, heard Him, walked with Him, is something I long for, but God knows what He is doing. My hope now is to be here when He comes back. He better hurry though, I ain't getting any younger, LOL.

Thanks again.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him