Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christian Persecution Thread

Vet Widow, 84, Threatened With Eviction For Hosting Bible Studies

The home claims it needs to protect residents from this elderly widow, says legal defense institute
    Kit Daniels
    Prison Planet.com
    March 7, 2019
    An 84-year-old widow of a veteran is being threatened with eviction for hosting voluntary Bible studies, according to the Pacific Justice Institute.
    The widow, Artis Breau, received a letter from the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) demanding that she cease hosting the Bible studies or else she will be thrown out of her veteran’s home.
    “The home claims it needs to protect residents from this elderly widow, even though attendance at her Bible studies is entirely voluntary,” the institute stated. “Artis has explained to PJI that the real issue is that she is an evangelical Jewish believer in Jesus, which does not sit well with some of the chaplains.”
    Breau, whose late husband served in the Korean War, initially took heat from the home last September over a discussion she had with another resident about Heaven and Hell which officials claimed had caused that resident to “lose sleep” and was thus “elder abuse.”
    Breau was banned from volunteer work at the home over the complaint despite not yet being interviewed over the allegation, the institute stated.
    “CalVet’s treatment of this widow is shameful,” PJI stated in a press release. “Throughout this process, we have been deeply disturbed not only by the lack of constitutional guidelines, ineptitude, and lack of due process in the investigation, but even more by the notion that discussing religious views on the eternal state of the soul is somehow elder abuse or emotional abuse.

“Our client’s husband fought for his country to preserve the freedoms now being threatened by CalVet. Our veterans deserve better.”
    Responding to the allegations, CalVet said that “the safety, security, and well-being of all of our residents is our top priority.”
    “We are very proud of the religious services provided to all of our residents through our chaplaincy services,” said the deputy secretary of Women Veterans Affairs at CalVet, according to Fox News. “This investigation concerns the private conduct of an individual.”
    “Beyond that, we are unable to comment on an ongoing investigation.”
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Left Attacks Trump For Signing Bibles For Victims Of Tornado In Alabama

Get a life.
    Via Daily Caller:
    President Donald Trump signed a handful of Bibles while visiting tornado-ravaged Lee County, Alabama, and the critics were quick to pounce.
    MSNBC kicked off Saturday morning with a segment that was highly critical of the move.
    Joe Watkins, former White House aide to President George H.W. Bush — who also happens to be a pastor — said he would “not be inclined to sign someone’s holy book.” He did, however, note that the people asking Trump to sign their Bibles did not appear to be bothered by it.
    Former Obama White House aide Will Jawando added, “I’m of the opinion that only Jesus should be signing a Bible.”
    Keep
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Utah Teacher Forced Fourth Grader To Wash Off Ash Wednesday Cross

Bet she wouldn’t forget Ash Wednesday now.
    Via NY Post:
    SALT LAKE CITY — A teacher in the predominantly Mormon state of Utah was placed on administrative leave after she forced a Catholic student to wash off the Ash Wednesday cross from his forehead.
    William McLeod, 9, had just returned to his school near Salt Lake City after attending Catholic Mass when his fourth-grade teacher called the ash marking “inappropriate” and gave him a hand wipe to clean it off in front of his classmates, grandmother Karen Fisher said.
    At first William explained that he couldn’t remove it because it was important for the beginning of Easter, but eventually obliged, Fisher said.
    “He went to see the school’s psychologist crying,” said Fisher. “He was embarrassed.”
    The incident at Valley View Elementary in Bountiful, Utah, is being taken very seriously and an investigation into whether disciplinary action will be levied against William’s teacher has been opened, said Davis School District spokesman Chris Williams. In the meantime, she isn’t teaching, he said.
    Keep reading…

Clearly a case of government/teacher overreach. I hope this case gets enough publicity to prevent further errors by teachers who may not understand the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Clearly a case of government/teacher overreach. I hope this case gets enough publicity to prevent further errors by teachers who may not understand the law.
    Teacher’s Story About Making Student Wash Off His Ash Wednesday Cross Doesn’t Quite Add Up

Initially, it sounded like she may have just been unspeakably ignorant, now it sounds like she simply disregarded what the boy said completely because she thought it “inappropriate.” And crazy eyes.
    Via Fox News:
    A Utah teacher who forced her student to wash off the Ash Wednesday cross last week said she thought the Catholic marking was “dirt on his forehead” and claimed she didn’t know it was a religious symbol.
    Moana Patterson, a fourth-grade teacher at Valley View Elementary in Bountiful, apologized Monday for the incident last week, and explained why she had her student, 9-year-old William McLeod, wipe the ashes off his forehead, FOX13 reported. Patterson was placed on administrative leave as Davis School District officials investigate the incident.
    “A student came into my classroom with what appeared to be dirt on his forehead,” Patterson said in a 49-second prepared statement at the Utah state capitol in Salt Lake City. “I gave him a wet wipe to clean it off. I had no idea it was a religious symbol.”
    She added: “When I learned it was a sacred symbol for Ash Wednesday, I immediately apologized to the boy and his family.”
    William told Fox News’ Martha MacCallum on Thursday that he attempted to explain to his teacher why he had ashes on his forehead before being forced to wipe it off — contradicting Patterson’s statement.
    “I told her what it was and she said, ‘That’s not appropriate in this school, go wipe it off,’ and she pulled me to the corner and she gave me a disinfectant wipe and made me wipe it off,” William said, adding he tried to explain the religious symbol at least two more times.
    Keep reading…

ICYMI: 120 Christians Slaughtered By Muslim Herders In Nigeria – MEDIA SILENT

by Brock SimmonsMarch 15, 2019

As media outlets across the world bring you the minute-by-minute updates of the Christchurch mosque shooting in New Zealand, those same outlets have been mostly silent on the recent mass slaughter of Christians in Nigeria by muslim herdsmen. Those attacks have resulted in 120 dead and 140 homes burned to the ground.

The Christian Post reports:
    At least 120 people have been killed by alleged Fulani militant attacks since February in the Kaduna state of Nigeria with the latest attacks on Monday resulting in the deaths of over 50 and the destruction of more than 140 homes.
    On Monday, 52 people were killed, dozens injured and around 143 homes were destroyed in attacks on the villages of Inkirimi, Dogonnoma and Ungwan Gora in the Maro district of the Kajuru Local Government Area, according to Christian Solidarity Worldwide.
    The Monday attack followed an attack on Sunday in the Ungwan Barde village in Kajuru in which 17 people were killed and dozens of homes were burned.
    In late February, there was another attack in Maro that resulted in the deaths of about 38 Christians and saw homes and a church burned. On Feb. 10, 10 people were killed in an attack in Ungwan Barde as six others were killed in isolated attacks the day before.
    CSW, a United Nations-recognized NGO that advocates for persecuted Christians worldwide, reports that victims in the attacks on Monday included women and children. Survivors told the nonprofit that the attackers were separated into three groups. One group shot and killed people, the second set fire to buildings, and a third ran after people fleeing the scene.
    Nigeria ranks as the 12th worst country in the world when it comes to Christian persecution, according to Open Doors USA’s 2019 World Watch List.
    In 2018 alone, thousands of Christians were killed by militant Fulani herdsmen, leaving some to say that genocide is occurring in the Middle Belt of Nigeria.
    Kaduna state is not alone in suffering from Fulani violence as other states in the Middle Belt have faced it too.
    On March 4, Fulani militants in the Benue state reportedly attacked three villages, killing 23 people with bullets and machetes, according to International Christian Concern.
    CSW is calling on the Nigerian federal government to address the spike in violence in a “decisive and unbiased manner.”
    “The relentless death and destruction is a sad indictment of the continuing failure by both levels of government to fulfill the primary mandate of protecting all its citizens impartially,” Thomas argued.
    These claims are backed up by similar reports on Christian Broadcasting Network and The Guardian Nigeria.

CBN reported on the February attack:
    Radical Muslims murdered more than 30 Christians in Nigeria last week. This is just the latest account of systematic Islamic violence towards Christ-followers in that country.
    The Guardian reports that Fulani herdsmen assaulted the Christians around 4 a.m. in Karamar village in the Maro district of Kajuru.
    The herdsman reportedly set fire to several houses and a church. The terrorists then sporadically shot at families trying to escape the blaze, killing 32 people.
    The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) also condemned the deadly assault and urged young Nigerians not to retaliate against the terrorists.
    “We have appealed to the youths in the area that there must never be any reprisal. We want to give the security operatives in the state the benefit of the doubt to go after the killers. We don’t want any reprisal attack because the circle of violence and killings will continue,” Rev. Joseph Hayap added.
    CBN News reported last year that hundreds of Christians were killed in clashes with the Muslim herdsman.
    Last June, Fulani herdsmen, who are mostly Muslim attacked six predominantly Christian villages in Nigeria’s Plateau state. Many of those killed were Christians, and they were reportedly hacked to death.
    According to the Global Terrorism Index, Fulani herdsmen have killed more than 60,000 people since 2001.
    Are you going to hold your breath waiting for Huffington Post, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Nancy Pelosi, and the Southern Poverty Law Center to condemn these attacks?

March 14, 2019 - Thursday

https://www.frcaction.org/get.cfm?i=WA19C31&f=WU19C01

Vice Verses? Ohio School Suspends over Scripture

We’ve come a long way in America when the Bible that used to be the curriculum in schools is suddenly the reason you can be kicked out of one! Ohio’s Gabby Helsinger found that out last week, when she got to school and saw walls of LGBT propaganda covering the school. If that was okay, she thought, then the high school shouldn’t mind if she put up some Scriptures too. But they minded all right – so much that she got suspended.It was just an ordinary day, but when Gabby walked into school, there was nothing ordinary about the pride flags and posters all around my school. “I felt the need to write down some Bible verses, so I could put them around my school. And I wrote them down, and I put them around the lockers [and] walls.” The next day, she was called to the office where she was informed that she had in-school suspension. The reason? Because the verses “abused and disrespected” others. It was considered “targeting” of the GSA, the school’s Gay-Straight Alliance.

Her mom, Tina, was furious. On Facebook, she asked parents what they would do if this was their son or daughter. “Please listen to her story. If you feel she is being unjustly punished please flood emails and calls to the Principal and Assistant Principal of Lebanon High School.”

When the principal asked Gabby why she did it, she said “to spread the word of God.” “Seeing that there [were] people in my school that needed help…” she told Fox News. “They don’t need to be living in the confusion of wondering if they should be gay, bi, lesbian, trans -- anything like that. And I know that God is the only way that they can be healed by that, and that’s why I did it.”

Gabby’s pastor, Lawrence Bishop of Solid Rock, told me Wednesday night on “Washington Watch” that he isn’t surprised by her courage – or the school’s reaction. “I’m not surprised by anything on the liberal Left as it pertains to God. The Bible is very offensive to anyone on the Left. But I was surprised that there aren’t any Christian teachers at Lebanon High School – and if there are, they’re secret agents. They’re afraid to lose their jobs. I tell you what, as goes the leader, so goes the flock.”

Like a lot of Bible-believing pastors, he’s tired of people not showing the courage the gospel requires. “We believe that if you’re a man of God or woman of God, you have to know what you’re for and know what you’re against… It breaks my heart to see pastors -- and some of the biggest in the nation -- that are stone silent about abortion, silent on gay marriage, silent on everything except the happy parts of the Bible, because they’re afraid they’re gonna lose somebody. I tell you, it’s time pastors stand up for what is right and stand against what is wrong… Yes, we love the homosexual [community], but the Bible is very clear on the sin of homosexuality.”

“It’s simple,” he said. “Read any book of the Bible. The champions for God stood up and didn’t just try to give people a religious massage on a Sunday morning and go home feeling good about t hemselves no matter how they’re living. We challenge people.” And with any luck, so will Gabby – just by finding her voice to speak the truth that matters.

John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

10 More Christians Killed Last Weekend in Nigeria Bringing Total to 140, Media Still Silent

A total of 140 Christians have been murdered by jihadists in Nigeria in the last month.

Published
    8 hours ago on
    Mar 18, 2019
    By
    Tom Pappert

Another 10 Christians were killed by jihadists in Nigeria last weekend, bringing the total number of Christians killed in the country to 140 since February 10.
    Reports indicate that another 10 Christians were murdered in Nigeria on Saturday, March 16, as religious violence in the country continues to reach fever pitch. This brings the total number of Christians murdered to 140, with an additional 160 homes destroyed in the violence.
    Morning Star News reported:
    Muslim Fulani herdsmen killed 10 Christians in southern Kaduna state, Nigeria on Saturday (March 16), bringing the lives lost in the past five weeks to 140 with 160 houses destroyed, sources said.
    Trending: Fox News Hires Donna Brazile After Suspending Judge Jeanine
    “We were all asleep in our various homes when at about 4 a.m. [Saturday], we heard gunshots everywhere in my village,” Amos Samuel, 40, of Nandu Gbok village in Sanga County told Morning Star News. “Everyone ran out of their homes to escape from the Fulani herdsmen. Three hours after the herdsmen left, those of us who survived the attack returned to the village to find that our houses were destroyed and 10 of our villagers killed.”
    About 30 houses were burned in the attack, Sanga chairman Charles Danladi told Morning Star News, who also said 10 people were killed.

While the global media continues its hyper focus on the eco-fascist terrorist who orchestrated a mass shooting at a New Zealand mosque, it has turned a blind eye to anti-Christian religious violence around the globe.
    Big League Politics previously reported on this massive wave of violence over the weekend, with our article published as this latest wave of violence occurred.

Google VP Stepped In After Employees Offended By Christian Video On Marriage

Daily Caller | The internal backlash to the video grew large enough to merit a response from a Google vice president.
    Google barred a Christian video on same-sex marriage from advertising on YouTube after backlash from employees, internal communications show.The video said gay people are welcome as Christians but are called to follow Christian teachings on sex and marriage.
    A Google VP agreed the video was too offensive to air as an advertisement.
    Google HR highlighted the video and response in an internal newsletter dedicated to policing “microaggressions.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/18/g...dvertisements/