Thread: Give a witness!

Default Give a witness!

Share any situation where you were clearly concerned about an outcome, but God steeped in when you didn't expect it, to let you know God had you covered.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

I have some more recent stories that I don't care to share at this time, but back in 1996 or 97, we were living on a few acres in middle Tennessee, next door to a young couple that recently came to the Lord. My kids were up there at their house, playing with their kids, when I heard someone yelling. I stepped outside to see what was going on, and my daughter yelled down that my oldest son was "busting up the BB gun!" I headed up there to see what was going on, and it turned out that the neighbor's kid, who knew nothing about guns had picked up my kids' BB gun from where they'd left it, pumped it up a few times, struck a pose like a soldier, and shot my #2 son (who was about 10 years old at the time) in the stomach. Oldest son, who always has been an explosive personality (quick to blow up and quick to cool off) grabbed the gun and busted it to pieces.

I could tell my #2 son was in great pain, but all I saw was a tiny bruise next to his belly button. Neighbor wife took us in her bathroom and cleaned the spot with alcohol. I thought the BB had bounced off him, but as I started to lead him back outside, he stood stock still, screaming in pain, with his hands trembling over the tiny bruise. I knew then it was serious. Neighbor wife agreed to watch the kids and I hurried my boy down to the house.

The only vehicle I had was an old pickup that I knew was on its last legs. My husband had been at work and was supposed to be going to a men's Bible study after he left there. (This was in the days before cell phones, so I had no way to contact him.) Trusting God, I bundled my son into the pickup and started for town -- about 15 miles away.

About halfway to town the truck quit on me. I got out and walked to a house nearby and asked to use their phone. "I don't have a phone!" and he shut the door in my face. In desperation, I tried to make my way to the next house over, but got stuck in briars and bushes and could not make it, so I turned back toward the road.

When I got back to the truck, my son was sitting with his eyes shut and his mouth in a tight line. I prayed briefly with him and told him, "God is going to send one of his saints to take us to the hospital!"

I walked to the back of the truck and looked up the long, straight road, to where I just could make out somebody coming over the rise, about a mile away. I waited.

When the car got to where I was, it slowed down and stopped. It was the daughter of a friend of mine, with her husband and their baby!

They took us to the hospital, where I was finally able to call the Bible study and leave a message for my husband. The friends who brought us to the hospital stayed with us until he arrived. Doctors rushed my son into the operating room, ahead of 3 or 4 scheduled operations, and were able to remove the BB, which had perforated his large intestine.

And THAT was a situation in which God let me know he had me covered!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Sherree, and I were in serious financial trouble. Filed bankruptcy, and were given a court date.

Part of our financial woes was due to our stupidity in financial matters, the other was the insecurity of my job. 6 months full blast, overtime etc. then walk in, and layoffs are posted on the board, no warning, slow down for 6 months, I never got laid off, but would be moved back to the job I hired in on, and would lose 100 bucks a week bring home

When walking on the edge, we would sink. The full throttle work didn't last long enough to get a head.

The thing was, I was also in a catch 22. I couldn't leave this job, and take a cut in pay, for the potential of greater pay, in a year, or two. I needed to have a pay raise when I started. I didn't know of any place where that would happen, in 3 counties.

So me and Sherree talked about it, prayed about it. Then I calculated all our bills, monthly, annually, some extras (there's always extras) figured a net for a year divided by 52, then divided by 40 so I would know how much I needed as an hourly wage, to start.

A new plant came to town, and rumor had it, they paid GOOD, but no amount was attached to it.

Sherree, and I talked about it, and decided we had to do something, so I went to the state job service, and filled out an application. When I turned it in, the nice young woman told me there was 10,000 applications ahead of me, and for me to keep my application updated, every 3 months, or it would be pulled.

I thought then it was a bust.

Got a call the next week to come in for an interview, the following Monday. Talk about a jaw hitting the floor, "OK sure, no problem, no wait, when?" " Monday @ 9."

"O, my gosh, I can't. I have to appear in Federal Court Monday @ 9." (Bankruptcy Court) Knew I had just blew it, who would want someone to work for them after that?

"OK, make it the next Monday, @ 1 PM. OK I'll be there!"

Not only did I get the job, but it was the exact penny, I had written down as to how much we needed, the day I started.

After Bankruptcy Court was over, and had gotten settled in to the new job. We went back, and paid every penny owed to those we filed on. That didn't show up on our credit record, but it was the right thing to do.

Over the course of those 3 months, God did a great work in our minds, and hearts on how we viewed, and handled finances, in exercising control, and being responsible.

Not to mention our faith in Him.

There was still a lot of work to do, coming out from under Bankruptcy, but we were in a place now, where it would be a good work in our lives, and we could be at rest, as the work proceeded.

The exact penny amazes me today.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Cary and I were vacationing in the Great Smokey Mountains. We do not use credit cards or checking accounts to go on vacations. We left home with a substantial amount of cash on hand.

We went on a driving tour through a certain part of the mountains. While on this tour, we stopped at a little historical church. I wanted some photos, so I sat my purse down on one of the benches inside the church. After the photos were taken, we left. We were on down the road a ways when I realized I had left my purse at the church. There were hundreds of people taking this same driving tour. One way road and bumper to bumper traffic. Frantically, we cut through a back road, and went back to the church. No purse!!!! Cary and I both started praying, and were directed to go to the nearest ranger station to see if someone had dropped off my purse. Of course, we thought that even if someone had, all the money would be gone.

It took about an hour for us to make our way to the ranger station. We got out of the car, and as we were walking across the parking lot, someone called out my name. I walked over to the person, and she asked me my name. I told her, and she said that she had something that belonged to me. It was my purse with all of our money still inside. Not a dime was missing. This couple was a pastor and his wife, and they told us that God had directed them to that particular ranger station, after they found my purse. God had to have had them and us at the station at the same time for this all to have worked. What was the probability of us and them meeting at this one particular ranger station at the same time? Out of hundreds of people being there, they saw me in the parking lot, and knew me from my driver's license in my purse? It was a miracle. We had a fantastic vacation all the while praising God for his "miracle on the mountain".

That one of Sherree's ......if we could tell you all the details on what went down, you'd shake your head, and say it was unbelievable.

After the Pastor and his wife, and us, got to talking, and saw just how weird it was, we started sharing more, and we all saw that no one, but God could of planned it.

Yeah, He had our back, big time.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

My oldest daughter was always rebellious constant trouble ,lies etc. Had gotten to the point were we had no functional relationship. It grew worse. Multiple relationships, drugs ,working in a bar selling drugs. At the high point she was taking 40 hydros a day and only God knows what else . It was so bad when they would comer over for Christmas or Easter ,which are large family gatherings. I could not stand to be near her as her bodily odor from the drugs was unbearable for me.
    I in despair cried out to the Lord and for years saw no change. Finally about 5 years ago there was a large drug bust in our area. Both her and boyfriend arrested. They were put under a very strict probation and were warned they would lose their two children. And also had to help the state case against others involved. Amazingly with only the boyfriend having a dui arrest, they both stayed clean,and quit drinking, changed jobs and are now this summer getting married. They recommitted their lives to the Lord which is still a growing process. Thanks be to Jesus I have a daughter again!

That's great!

I've been a Christian for 49 years, and it's still a growing process. LOL
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Do angels count? Do things that disappear and then reappear count? We had 3 angels ride herd on us on strange dark roads in Maine when we got lost. Led us to our motel. I think I posted it here before. It's kind of a long story.

I lost the key to the mailbox at our rental here in Florida a couple weeks ago. The only key. I looked every where including from the house to the mailbox. Finally, when I felt all was lost, I looked down as I walked through the garage and the key was lying in the middle of the floor. I have no idea how it came to be there as I had walked through there a couple of times. I believe with all my heart, where ever that key was, the Lord or one of his angels laid it on the floor for me to find.

I think if we really ponder we'll find were the Lord has done things that are obvious many times.

I think it should count.

I mean they wouldn't be there to help, if the Lord didn't send them to have your back.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him