Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Uneducated" The Lefts favorite Pejorative

Default "Uneducated" The Lefts favorite Pejorative

'Uneducated': The Left's Favorite Pejorative

Gavin Wax
    Posted: Mar 17, 2018 12:01 AM

It is no secret that the Left are big supporters of a politically correct culture. They see no issue with constantly stifling the free speech of anyone who disagrees with the politically correct narrative of the mainstream. They regularly clamp down on your free speech in the name of protecting the sensibilities of all those who happen to disagree. This policy has become so widespread on college campuses throughout the nation that it goes beyond merely condemning what people happen to say or feel, to physically placing the potential "victims" of your speech into so-called "safe spaces" in order to shield them from the dark and scary world of differing opinions.

Now we have a situation where students not only graduate with mounting debt and no discernible job skills, but also a juvenile fear of a different worldview being expressed to them. These are the future leaders of our country and it perfectly illustrates the madness of the modern regressive left.

Now, despite all this lofty rhetoric of protecting people's feelings and sensibilities, the left has not actually completely given up on degrading or insulting language. They only require their ideological opponents to adhere to these rules, however, they themselves do not apply. Thus, if they want to insult you or force their own ridiculous opinions down your throat, you must oblige them.

One of the left's favorite tactics is calling their opponents "uneducated."

The term perfectly encapsulates the idea that those who are "uneducated" are in fact "stupid" or "dumb" without actually saying that. It is a brilliantly smug and indirect tactic to demean one's intelligence, and consequently, whatever opinion their opposition happens to hold.

"Uneducated" is generally used to mean someone without a college education. Or, in more precise terms, someone without a college indoctrination.

For the vast majority of people who ended up not attending college, they most likely opted instead to join this great big place known as "the real world."

Many, especially on the left, might be wondering what this grand institution is like and what standardized test scores you need to get in.

Well, in short, you do not need to pass a test for entry, and it isn't a formalized institution that exists in its own ivory tower bubble.

No, in the real world you work at things called "jobs", have things called "responsibilities", and engage in "logical and consequential decision making" on a daily basis.

This may sound terribly frightening to the average grad student in a women's studies program, but fear not, it really is a beautiful thing.

You see, in "the real world" you do not have to pay a tuition to work and learn valuable job skills - in fact, quite the opposite - you are the one who gets paid.

This may sound like something too good to be true. It may sound like a scam, but trust me, it is a real thing and it has a few millennia of history to prove it.

The left wants to keep up the great lie that you need a college education to not only be happy and successful, but as a prerequisite for holding any sort of an opinion.
    They mock the idea of an autodidact and any form of self-education. In their minds, "real" knowledge can only be spoon-fed to you within the great halls of an institution.

They know full well that modern university campuses have devolved into nothing more than playgrounds of postmodernism nonsense, Marxian dialectics, and every disgusting form of radicalism known to man.

So the longer you are "institutionalized" going from one useless degree to another, the further removed you are from reality, and the more susceptible you become to the narrative of the Left.

They are ensuring that future generations will be nothing more than permanent student rioters, never having nor wanting a job, expecting everything to be handed to them, and rejecting open and civil discourse in favor of chanting slogans while marching down the street and destroying private property.

This is why the left absolutely loathes the individualistic spirit of the common working man. This blue collar hero either did not go to college or only attended very briefly. He most likely has been working from an early age and, through that, has learned the value of an honest day's work. He does not read their stuffy publications or watch their talk shows, he doesn't attend their phony theatrical productions or visit their taxpayer-funded art galleries. He works hard, enjoys a good beer, and generally wants to be left the hell alone.

This is the man who elected Trump and this is the man who is tearing to pieces the worldview of the Left.

Thus they will do whatever they can to silence this man and denigrate his views. He will be labeled as racist, bigoted, and of course, uneducated. They did this after Trump's win, they did this after Brexit, and they will do it again until they have gasped their last breath of relevancy before they are finally discredited for good.

I can dream, can't I?

https://townhall.com/columnists/gavi...ative-n2460889
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Good summation. I have noticed that the sensible kids going to college to get the piece of paper that gives them a decent start in a world where they really want to work, know that all this brainwashing goes on, but block it out best they can. They have, for the most part, been raised by conservative parents in a traditional community and realize they are in enemy territory for a few years. Most of them I know in my extended family are aware of the far left tactics, and avoid associating with the snowflakes.

That being said, I have other extended family, primarily from the west coast, whom have bought into the leftist lies hook, line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by pc-not View Post
    Good summation. I have noticed that the sensible kids going to college to get the piece of paper that gives them a decent start in a world where they really want to work, know that all this brainwashing goes on, but block it out best they can. They have, for the most part, been raised by conservative parents in a traditional community and realize they are in enemy territory for a few years. Most of them I know in my extended family are aware of the far left tactics, and avoid associating with the snowflakes.

That being said, I have other extended family, primarily from the west coast, whom have bought into the leftist lies hook, line and sinker.
    Same here, pc-not. Oldest son went to college and has a degree in engineering working at a large firm. He made it through unscathed by the leftist agenda. On the other hand, I have a nephew who will graduate in May with a Ph.D, and is fully indoctrinated by the left. He's dumb as a post when it comes to living in the real world.

Not educated = not brainwashed.

Yet another article illustrating the hostility of the right to education. It's been there for decades and has been worsening. It's unfortunate. What's especially stupid and dishonest about the above article is that it decries the evil left for supposedly insulting and demeaning the "uneducated," and then launches into an insulting and demeaning diatribe against those who attend college.

It wasn't that long ago when you used to read articles by conservatives wringing their hands and sneering at stories about stupid self-defeating behavior by inner-city black kids who bailed on education because of peer pressure and cultural bias by which studying and doing well academically were seen as "trying to be white" and going along with the white man's trick and abandoning their culture, etc. And yet here the same people are now, indulging in exactly the same argument. The only difference is the substitution of "liberal" for "white man."

The writer is speaking for him/her self, doesn't speak for all conservatives. I am a huge believer in higher education for STEM, it is absolutely necessary and deals in provable truths. I am not a believer in higher education for the arts, these deal with conjecture, interpretation, and emotion. Its amazing to me that folks would pay for that. Again, I have no particular hostility to higher education, people are free to spend their time and money however they wish to. As long as I am not subsidizing it, knock yourself out.
    'She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none, that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it out to her.'

My Podcast! I do this with my daughter, just light-hearted, sometimes vulgar comedy we do if folks need that sort of thing in their lives right now. No doom and gloom! http://www.ThePodocasts.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheSystem View Post
    Yet another article illustrating the hostility of the right to education. It's been there for decades and has been worsening. It's unfortunate. What's especially stupid and dishonest about the above article is that it decries the evil left for supposedly insulting and demeaning the "uneducated," and then launches into an insulting and demeaning diatribe against those who attend college.

It wasn't that long ago when you used to read articles by conservatives wringing their hands and sneering at stories about stupid self-defeating behavior by inner-city black kids who bailed on education because of peer pressure and cultural bias by which studying and doing well academically were seen as "trying to be white" and going along with the white man's trick and abandoning their culture, etc. And yet here the same people are now, indulging in exactly the same argument. The only difference is the substitution of "liberal" for "white man."
    LOL, don't hang out with the cows in the field, and watch where you step, the smell follows you around.

I'm about as right wing as they get. I believe in a good education as I have a degree and have used it off an on.
    Both of my Kids have degrees and my daughter has two, she is working toward her Masters in both Accounting and Business,
    and she uses both every day in her work.

Just having a degree doesn't mean you are educated.
    The right degree used in your work is very much a plus.

Way to many kids are getting useless degrees that have no chance of getting a job in that field.
    18th Century French Poetry, etc. etc. etc.

My daughter wanted to get a degree in astronomy, but seeing that there are only so many jobs in that field and not wanting to teach; she decided on two that she works with every day.

My wife does not have a degree but she wrote A levels, (equivalent of 2 years college) and pulls down a good 6 figure salary.
    Her work ethics, constant learning and hard work have paid off greatly and she is in charge of 8 individuals, all who have degrees in IT. (The Company she works for has over 15,000 employees.)

So please do not lump conservatives into one category, as most of us value brains and common sense.
    (Common sense isn't so common, and very hard to find in any book.)

'If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be. If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed.'

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

Am uneducated (and uninterested,) as to what liberals have to sell. As to degrees, I have 98.6 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSystem View Post

Don't think so ,bub. I have an MBA and a MS in Aerospace Engineering and recognize you for the leftist brainwashed idiot that you are. Prove me wrong with a other one of your agenda posts. Lol. Tell me I'm wrong.

My apologies to the rest of the Tree. Gone through great pains to educate my children free of liberal indoctrination, so these lies from the left just spin me up.