Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Point Proven - TTOL No Longer Allows Rights

Default Point Proven - TTOL No Longer Allows Rights

I am reposting this....it got removed because it proves my point...TTOL has become a dictatorship...

I truly never thought I'd see the day when this site, which was set up purely with the intent to offer it's members their God-given and Constitutional rights to FREE expression on an open and public forum, would be so alarmingly heading towards playing NWO politics.

It's totally one thing...and rightful.. to ban people on here who abusive their rights and become downright offensive, disrespectful and verbally abusive to others. However, the arrogant and flagrant verbal whipping and even banning of members, even long-time and loyal ones, who simply happen to be expressing respectful but opposing thought to the general opinion...that is absolutely wrong on every level. I thought this was America and we had rights and highly valued them. I thought those who use and run this forum also highly valued those rights...AND upheld them.Obviously, I was VERY wrong...What I see is pure China or Russian political dictatorship whereby you either agree totally with the prevailing wind of thought, or you're summarily and quickly dispensed. The rule of thumb on here is now...You have NO rights...DO NOT dare to disagree.

If this message is distainful to the tender ears of the offenders on here (and you know who you are)...and I also get banned for my bold statements and for daring to disagree, then it only further proves my point. Take heed....you who remain. Follow the current political trend on here and agree or keep your mouth shut...otherwise you will be next. All I have to say is, same on TTOL for what it's become.

Liberty4all, it's not worth you losing your membership over, Ok? Let it rest. All of us, as members, have the right to stay or to go if given the choice. Some have chosen to stay, and others not.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty4all View Post
    I am reposting this....it got removed because it proves my point...TTOL has become a dictatorship...

I truly never thought I'd see the day when this site, which was set up purely with the intent to offer it's members their God-given and Constitutional rights to FREE expression on an open and public forum, would be so alarmingly heading towards playing NWO politics.

It's totally one thing...and rightful.. to ban people on here who abusive their rights and become downright offensive, disrespectful and verbally abusive to others. However, the arrogant and flagrant verbal whipping and even banning of members, even long-time and loyal ones, who simply happen to be expressing respectful but opposing thought to the general opinion...that is absolutely wrong on every level. I thought this was America and we had rights and highly valued them. I thought those who use and run this forum also highly valued those rights...AND upheld them.Obviously, I was VERY wrong...What I see is pure China or Russian political dictatorship whereby you either agree totally with the prevailing wind of thought, or you're summarily and quickly dispensed. The rule of thumb on here is now...You have NO rights...DO NOT dare to disagree.

If this message is distainful to the tender ears of the offenders on here (and you know who you are)...and I also get banned for my bold statements and for daring to disagree, then it only further proves my point. Take heed....you who remain. Follow the current political trend on here and agree or keep your mouth shut...otherwise you will be next. All I have to say is, same on TTOL for what it's become.
    How vague in accusation, how uninformed on what a PRIVATE forum is and what rights the proprietor and his agents have in deciding what is discussed, and how, and in what manner. Freedom of speech is not the guarantee that you must be heard in private spaces. Is TTOL a dictatorship? Absolutely. It's a very tolerant one, even if it butthurts you or anyone else that the proprietor exercises limits to what he'll allow to go on and for how long.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty4all View Post

But, your point is not proven. You never had any rights to begin with seeing that you are in someone else's home. We are here on an invitation basis only. The owner's rights trump our "wants" to say as we please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Liberty4all, it's not worth you losing your membership over, Ok? Let it rest. All of us, as members, have the right to stay or to go if given the choice. Some have chosen to stay, and others not.
    Yes that is a good way to get a membership gone. One can feel that way, or want to speak out like that but one should hold their tongue and never go into their living room and tell them face to face. Let it rest.

A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Yes that is a good way to get a membership gone. One can feel that way, or want to speak out like that but one should hold their tongue and never go into their living room and tell them face to face. Let it rest.
    Excuse me, Hoppy. Liberty4all knows what I meant in my comments to her. You have no clue. I don't want her to get banned, because she is just upset right now. And if anyone wants to know, CaryC has gone on a sabbatical from the forum, because he's upset, too. I will remain, but will only be lurking in the shadows. Are you happy Hoppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post
    But, your point is not proven. You never had any rights to begin with seeing that you are in someone else's home. We are here on an invitation basis only. The owner's rights trump our "wants" to say as we please.

Is it really "someone else's home" when the "owner" asks the guests to pay the rent each month?

Quote Originally Posted by Tstainz View Post
    Is it really "someone else's home" when the "owner" asks the guests to pay the rent each month?
    Sure. They don't have to pay. I sometimes do, but don't always. I also know that I could get disinvited here even if I paid every dang day. Same as any place that asks for money to help with operating costs, that money is not a guarantee of protection from ejection.

I suppose it would be different if the money from members was codified and contractually understood to be some form of board ownership, like shares in a venture, but that's not the case. Even then, shareholders get booted out from organizations all the time for poor behavior.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Ah, the sowers of discord. Simple solution to all your troubles,,leave.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"