Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more craigslist personals!

further back in the holler than i was last week

Default No more craigslist personals!

US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!
    ===============================
    you can't explain crazy 'cause crazy's crazy!!
    just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Ya shouldn't be lookin for a date there noways ... go to the libary, go to church, go shoppin.

O.W.

I agree with this CL is no place to look for a partner. Way better places then THAT PLACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Ya shouldn't be lookin for a date there noways ... go to the libary, go to church, go shoppin.

O.W.
    However, the church and shopping mall venues have their own dangers, as Roy Moore and his Lolitas discovered.

I met The Systemess on an online dating site almost 20 years ago, and it has worked out for us. But the internet was a more innocent place back then.

I think shopping for a partner on Craigslist is a terrible idea, but this is a direct and serious attack on freedom of speech and should be remembered at voting time for what it's worth. Everyone who voted for this should be history.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/21/s...afficking-bill

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    I think shopping for a partner on Craigslist is a terrible idea, but this is a direct and serious attack on freedom of speech and should be remembered at voting time for what it's worth. Everyone who voted for this should be history.

https://reason.com/blog/2018/03/21/s...afficking-bill
    This is disturbing..Hints of big brother.

its not for relationships......it for 'hookups'

Quote Originally Posted by 326326 View Post
    It doesn’t matter what it’s for,on this and other forums the talk is we need to give Donald Trump a pass and stay out of his bedroom.
    Well that’s fine but then again why the heck do they want to invade mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 326326 View Post
    True there are batter and well known 'dating' sites other then this CL. And stopping it, IS a good idea all the way around.

Let's imagine for a second how this precedent could affect things that we care about. People are, ironically, up in arms about guns in the country right now. There are a lot of places online where people discuss guns. Like this one for example. Some of those people might make friendships and arrange to exchange guns, parts, or supplies. Occasionally, such exchanges might not follow the letter of the law. The obvious solution is to hold the website owners accountable for any such exchanges that are arranged through their sites. That would be totally consistent with this law. Think of all the things that we can hold website owners responsible for.