Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's my global warming?

Default Where's my global warming?

All this global warming has made it cold as heck outside. It's been a long, cold, and wet winter, but I really hoped come April the temps would get back near seasonal...

Nope. 37 outside.. freeze warnings for tonight, and forecast for the same on Saturday, with lows around 20. IN APRIL!

"Average" daytime temps for this area are supposed to be about 65, so where's my global warming?

A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    All this global warming has made it cold as heck outside. It's been a long, cold, and wet winter, but I really hoped come April the temps would get back near seasonal...

Nope. 37 outside.. freeze warnings for tonight, and forecast for the same on Saturday, with lows around 20. IN APRIL!

"Average" daytime temps for this area are supposed to be about 65, so where's my global warming?

It ain't here. I'll keep looking.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Here neither, freeze warnings for tonight.

I guess the apple and peach trees took the Global warming alarmist at their word. Apple tree in full bloom, and the peach tree is done.

Also saw a report of "The Beast from the East" in England, having snowfall.....again.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Here neither, freeze warnings for tonight.

I guess the apple and peach trees took the Global warming alarmist at their word. Apple tree in full bloom, and the peach tree is done.

Also saw a report of "The Beast from the East" in England, having snowfall.....again.
    Freeze warning for tonight here in NE GA.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

It's only 50 degrees right now in North Mississippi after being into the 80's yesterday! Strong storms passed through last night. A freeze warning now in effect for tonight.

Our average high temp is 50º.

That high on Friday of 26º would be a record Low High temp for that date. And on Friday night there is a outside chance of getting to 0º and that has never happened as long as records have been kept in April for our area.

I never could see the down side to global warming.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I never could see the down side to global warming.
    Kinda Sweaty, that's about it. The whole "longer growing season" thing seemed like something the greenie-weenies would like, but hey, that would require a logical view of the world.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

We set a new record low this morning of 18 degrees, the old record of 20 was from back in 1923.
    Our Apricot tree started to bloom on Sunday, when we got 2 inches of snow that afternoon.
    I hope that the buds that didn't open are OK, if not another year without home made jam.

Al Gore we need you to bring some hot air our way???? LOL

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

2" of snow on last Saturday
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."